Should religions be classified as Fake News? The bible seems to say yes.

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

Fake News is what many are calling lies or distortions of the truth these days.

No organizations distort the truth and outright lie about Gods than the organized religions.

Should religions be classified as Fake News?

The bible seems to say yes.

Isaiah 56:11) "They are shepherds who have no understanding; They have all turned to their own way, each on to his unjust gain, to the last one" But do not despair, for the day of judgment is at hand, for the day of judgment and the day of the LORD occupy the same time frame. All the dross will be burned away. (Zech 13:9) & (Malachi 3:3). In that day, "you will distinguish between the righteous and the wicked" (Malachi 3:18)

Luke 11:52 Woe unto you, lawyers! for ye have taken away the key of knowledge: ye entered not in yourselves, and them that were entering in ye hindered.

Mark 7:13 Making the word of God of none effect through your tradition, which ye have delivered: and many such like things do ye.

Regards
DL
thedoc

Re: Should religions be classified as Fake News? The bible seems to say yes.

Post by thedoc »

Greatest I am wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2017 2:26 pm Should religions be classified as Fake News? The bible seems to say yes.

No organizations distort the truth and outright lie about Gods than the organized religions.

Isaiah 56:11) "They are shepherds who have no understanding; They have all turned to their own way, each on to his unjust gain, to the last one" But do not despair, for the day of judgment is at hand, for the day of judgment and the day of the LORD occupy the same time frame. All the dross will be burned away. (Zech 13:9) & (Malachi 3:3). In that day, "you will distinguish between the righteous and the wicked" (Malachi 3:18)

Luke 11:52 Woe unto you, lawyers! for ye have taken away the key of knowledge: ye entered not in yourselves, and them that were entering in ye hindered.

Mark 7:13 Making the word of God of none effect through your tradition, which ye have delivered: and many such like things do ye.

Regards
DL
Knowing what is fake and what is not would help in determining what to believe and what to ignore, unfortunately most do not have that ability.
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

thedoc wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2017 2:46 pm
Greatest I am wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2017 2:26 pm Should religions be classified as Fake News? The bible seems to say yes.

Regards
DL
Knowing what is fake and what is not would help in determining what to believe and what to ignore, unfortunately most do not have that ability.
Unfortunately, you seem to be correct.

If more people actually read the bible, they might have a clearer view.

Perhaps that is why the ancient Christians banned the reading of the bible as they knew it would educate people and they would know that Christianity had corrupted the bibles teachings.

I see that as a shame as there is a lot of wisdom in the bible when read the way Gnostic Christians read it.

“Both read the Bible day and night; but you read black where I read white.”
William Blake.

Regards
DL
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

Greatest I am wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:28 pm
thedoc wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2017 2:46 pm Knowing what is fake and what is not would help in determining what to believe and what to ignore, unfortunately most do not have that ability.

Perhaps that is why the ancient Christians banned the reading of the bible as they knew it would educate people and they would know that Christianity had corrupted the bibles teachings.

I see that as a shame as there is a lot of wisdom in the bible when read the way Gnostic Christians read it.

William Blake.

Regards
DL
I'm not so sure that early Christians had to ban the reading of the Bible as much as most of the people of the time were illiterate and couldn't read. Then later the church kept copies of the Bible in Latin which most people couldn't read, even the literate ones. It wasn't until the protestants had the Bible translated into the language that the average person could read that the words of the Bible were more widely read. By that time the average person was fully indoctrinated and Gnosticism was less well known.
HexHammer

Post by HexHammer »

Yes and no, it's people that too often abuse religion to something perverted.
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

thedoc wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2017 4:35 pm
Greatest I am wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:28 pm
thedoc wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2017 2:46 pm Knowing what is fake and what is not would help in determining what to believe and what to ignore, unfortunately most do not have that ability.

William Blake.

Regards
DL
I'm not so sure that early Christians had to ban the reading of the Bible as much as most of the people of the time were illiterate and couldn't read. Then later the church kept copies of the Bible in Latin which most people couldn't read, even the literate ones. It wasn't until the protestants had the Bible translated into the language that the average person could read that the words of the Bible were more widely read. By that time the average person was fully indoctrinated and Gnosticism was less well known.
If they had to ban the bible reading or not is not really relevant. They did ban it.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/bernard-s ... 03545.html

The obvious reason would have been that knowing what was written would be somehow detrimental to the religion.

I can think of no other possible reason.

Regards
DL
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

HexHammer wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:36 pm Yes and no, it's people that too often abuse religion to something perverted.
That is likely due to people having to go into intellectual and moral dissonance to end in adoring a genocidal son murdering God.

That perversion, I am sure, opens the door quite wide to other perversions. Right?

Regards
DL
HexHammer

Post by HexHammer »

Greatest I am wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:54 pm
HexHammer wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:36 pm Yes and no, it's people that too often abuse religion to something perverted.
That is likely due to people having to go into intellectual and moral dissonance to end in adoring a genocidal son murdering God.

That perversion, I am sure, opens the door quite wide to other perversions. Right?
What you say doesn't make sense.
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

HexHammer wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2017 2:24 am
Greatest I am wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:54 pm

What you say doesn't make sense.
Thanks for the cheep shot without an argument to back it up.

I think it does as you have not shown where I depart from sense.

Regards
DL
HexHammer

Post by HexHammer »

Greatest I am wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2017 3:03 pmThanks for the cheep shot without an argument to back it up.

If someone is drunk and say incoherent babble, how can I back anything up by saying it is "incoherent babble"?
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

HexHammer wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2017 5:42 pm
Greatest I am wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2017 3:03 pmThanks for the cheep shot without an argument to back it up.

If someone is drunk and say incoherent babble, how can I back anything up by saying it is "incoherent babble"?
By showing what you think is incoherent and allowing either agreement or the other to show where you ere in your view.

You show fear of being wrong by not showing your reasoning.

Regards
DL
HexHammer

Post by HexHammer »

Greatest I am wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2017 6:09 pmBy showing what you think is incoherent and allowing either agreement or the other to show where you ere in your view.

Fear? Fear of what? ..showing that I'm right?
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

HexHammer wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:34 pm
Greatest I am wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2017 6:09 pmBy showing what you think is incoherent and allowing either agreement or the other to show where you ere in your view.

Fear? Fear of what? ..showing that I'm right?
No. You would likely have put your thoughts if you thought you were right.

Regards
DL
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Regards
DL
Yes.

The real situation is really quite simple: there are really only two things in play: the truth, and variously adorned falsehoods. And that's pretty much the way the world works in everything. There are many answers to "What is 2 + 2," and "What is the capital of Ethiopia," and "How many corners does a circle have" -- and all but one of the answers, in every case, is some degree of false.
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

Thanks for this.

Regards
DL