If clergy were honest, would religions die?

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

HexHammer

Re: If clergy were honest, would religions die?

Post by HexHammer »

Greatest I am wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2017 1:09 pmReligions are great at creating false guilt and then raking in the cash that the theist will spend to rid himself of the discomfort and fear of hell, which is a lie that he has been made to believe in. To think that a God has condemn us is the first lie the theist must delude himself into thinking.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SF6I5VSZVqc

That lie and the lie of salvation is what this Bishop says will kill Christianity.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKNup9g ... gest-vrecs
They'r sorta right, but at the same time wrong.

Islam and Christianity are Luciferian, Christians worship Jesus instead of God, and Jesus said "I am the light" and Lucifer are "Son of Dawn, The Light Bringer". Jesus talked to a snaked and apparently became corrupted.

Islam worship the stone in Mecca, they even bow down to it 5 times a day. The 10 Commandments specifically tells "Thou shalt not make unto Thee graven images and bow down to them".
Baal had the symbol of the Moon and Star, that's what the muslims has, Moon and Star, so they're Baal worshippers, which some interpret as being Lucifer.
Muhammed sat in his cave and met a talking snake, so apparently he too was corrupted.
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

Philosophy Explorer wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2017 1:30 pm
Greatest I am wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2017 1:13 pm
Philosophy Explorer wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2017 5:48 am

I have been in sales myself. Using objection rebuttals is dead wrong. Your philosophy of controlling the conversation is garbage. Wake up, open your eyes and learn.

PhilX
Interesting.

If not by rebuttal, how did you deal with objections to the sale?

Remember please that in technical sales, the rebuttals are at a technological level where logic and reason reign.

Regards
DL

P.S.
Try to not reply like an a hole.
I generally don't reply like an "a hole." The way to deal with objections is to make sure they don't arise in the first place. Lousy selling is the cause. By not giving your prospect the information he or she needs to make a decision, this creates objections which often leads to prospects tuning you out if you try to rebutt them ("Which part of NO don't you understand?") So by giving your prospects the information they need to make an informed decision, you'd make more sales. Repeating a "selling point" (an euphemism for an objection rebuttal) is very irritating to prospects (btw selling is an emotional process, rebuttals are NOT technological-based where reason and logic reign). There is more to this, but I'm not revealing trade secrets.

PhilX
If someone has already produced a sales program that answers all objections in advance, no salesman is required and just a letter outlining the product will do.

No is not an objection to the sale. No because of, (fill in the blank), is.

Regards
DL
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

HexHammer wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2017 2:13 pm
Greatest I am wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2017 1:09 pmReligions are great at creating false guilt and then raking in the cash that the theist will spend to rid himself of the discomfort and fear of hell, which is a lie that he has been made to believe in. To think that a God has condemn us is the first lie the theist must delude himself into thinking.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SF6I5VSZVqc

That lie and the lie of salvation is what this Bishop says will kill Christianity.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKNup9g ... gest-vrecs
They'r sorta right, but at the same time wrong.

Islam and Christianity are Luciferian,

I agree but Christians and Muslims do not see as clearly as you and I.
Christians worship Jesus instead of God, and Jesus said "I am the light" and Lucifer are "Son of Dawn, The Light Bringer". Jesus talked to a snaked and apparently became corrupted.
I do not recall that from scriptures, unless you are talking Satan and the temptation of Jesus partrayed in scriptures. If not then please get the biblical quote to enlighten me.
Islam worship the stone in Mecca, they even bow down to it 5 times a day. The 10 Commandments specifically tells "Thou shalt not make unto Thee graven images and bow down to them".
True.
Baal had the symbol of the Moon and Star, that's what the muslims has, Moon and Star, so they're Baal worshippers, which some interpret as being Lucifer.
True.
Muhammed sat in his cave and met a talking snake, so apparently he too was corrupted.
I have not read this either. A quote would be good.

Regards
DL
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

I once got into an argument with another individual about the aspect ratio of an automobile tire. I contended that it referred to the ration of the distance from the rim to the surface of the tread to the over all width of the tire. The other person quoted a sales manual that claimed that the aspect ratio was just a meaningless number and meant nothing. I could see that the statement in the sales manual was just intended to deflect questions that the sales person probably couldn't answer, answers required technical knowledge that the store owners couldn't be sure that the sales person had or understood that information.

Another time a person selling log homes tried to tell me that there were heat molecules from the inside of the house and cold molecules from the outside (the example was in the winter) and when they met in the middle opposites repelled each other and the heat came back in and the cold went back out. I was with my neighbor at the show and we just looked at each other and shook our heads and walked away. It was really amazing the BS that the salesman was trying to feed us.

I ran a hobby shop for a number of years and I was given no training to sell the product from the manufacture. The only information supplied by my wholesaler was the selling price.
Philosophy Explorer

Post by Philosophy Explorer »

Greatest I am wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2017 3:06 pm
Greatest I am wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2017 1:13 pm

Interesting.

If not by rebuttal, how did you deal with objections to the sale?

Remember please that in technical sales, the rebuttals are at a technological level where logic and reason reign.

Regards
DL

P.S.
Try to not reply like an a hole.
I generally don't reply like an "a hole." The way to deal with objections is to make sure they don't arise in the first place. Lousy selling is the cause. By not giving your prospect the information he or she needs to make a decision, this creates objections which often leads to prospects tuning you out if you try to rebutt them ("Which part of NO don't you understand?") So by giving your prospects the information they need to make an informed decision, you'd make more sales. Repeating a "selling point" (an euphemism for an objection rebuttal) is very irritating to prospects (btw selling is an emotional process, rebuttals are NOT technological-based where reason and logic reign). There is more to this, but I'm not revealing trade secrets.

PhilX
If someone has already produced a sales program that answers all objections in advance, no salesman is required and just a letter outlining the product will do.

Regards
DL
Someone already has produced a sales program inside of supermarkets and grocery stores because you don't encounter salespeople inside of these stores (nor do these stores carry letters outlining the products because they're not needed). The products sell themselves.

You're just using semantics about objections to the sale ("Which part of no don't you understand?") You're looking to argue with the prospect and no salespeople win arguments and you fit the mold of a very poor salesperson. You have much to learn (incidentally federal do-not-call lists came about due to objection rebuttals which decimated the telemarketing industry back around 2003 and between 1- to 2-million people lost their jobs due to the DNC lists).

PhilX
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

thedoc wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2017 6:49 pm I once got into an argument with another individual about the aspect ratio of an automobile tire. I contended that it referred to the ration of the distance from the rim to the surface of the tread to the over all width of the tire. The other person quoted a sales manual that claimed that the aspect ratio was just a meaningless number and meant nothing. I could see that the statement in the sales manual was just intended to deflect questions that the sales person probably couldn't answer, answers required technical knowledge that the store owners couldn't be sure that the sales person had or understood that information.

Another time a person selling log homes tried to tell me that there were heat molecules from the inside of the house and cold molecules from the outside (the example was in the winter) and when they met in the middle opposites repelled each other and the heat came back in and the cold went back out. I was with my neighbor at the show and we just looked at each other and shook our heads and walked away. It was really amazing the BS that the salesman was trying to feed us.

I ran a hobby shop for a number of years and I was given no training to sell the product from the manufacture. The only information supplied by my wholesaler was the selling price.
A universal constant, as far as I know, is that hot goes to cold. I agree that it is rather strange that someone would say that heat and cold repel each other somehow, so I would agree that what he said was B.S.

To your last, many products today are sold without technical back up.

In my case, most of my products went into engineered products, and if we had not been there to deal with questions or objections from the design staff, we would not have been keeping up with the competition and would not have lasted too long.

Regards
DL
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

Philosophy Explorer wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2017 7:45 pm

PhilX

Regards
DL
Someone already has produced a sales program inside of supermarkets and grocery stores because you don't encounter salespeople inside of these stores (nor do these stores carry letters outlining the products because they're not needed). The products sell themselves.

You're just using semantics about objections to the sale ("Which part of no don't you understand?") You're looking to argue with the prospect and no salespeople win arguments and you fit the mold of a very poor salesperson. You have much to learn (incidentally federal do-not-call lists came about due to objection rebuttals which decimated the telemarketing industry back around 2003 and between 1- to 2-million people lost their jobs due to the DNC lists).

PhilX
Food is not an engineered product and yes I know that food sales are sold to chains in their head offices and that is where any objections to the sale are dealt with.

Regards
DL
Philosophy Explorer

thedoc wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2017 6:49 pm I once got into an argument with another individual about the aspect ratio of an automobile tire. I contended that it referred to the ration of the distance from the rim to the surface of the tread to the over all width of the tire. The other person quoted a sales manual that claimed that the aspect ratio was just a meaningless number and meant nothing. I could see that the statement in the sales manual was just intended to deflect questions that the sales person probably couldn't answer, answers required technical knowledge that the store owners couldn't be sure that the sales person had or understood that information.

Doc,

When I sold tvs, I went on the internet to gather information about the product. As it turned out, I educated prospects about the new technology, but sales weren't forthcoming. So I found out how to give prospects consumer choice and I cleaned out the warehouse of that particular TV (my sales boomed).

There are many stories about unknowledgeable salespeople. But as it turns out on average, the prospects don't need product information because they already know the information.

PhilX
Philosophy Explorer

Greatest I am wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2017 8:47 pm

Regards
DL

PhilX
Food is not an engineered product and yes I know that food sales are sold to chains in their head offices and that is where any objections to the sale are dealt with.

Regards
DL
I'm talking about consumers inside the stores, not B2B sales (btw I disagree about food not being an engineered product, just the opposite).

PhilX
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

Philosophy Explorer wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2017 8:59 pm
Greatest I am wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2017 8:47 pm

PhilX

Regards
DL
I'm talking about consumers inside the stores, not B2B sales (btw I disagree about food not being an engineered product, just the opposite).

PhilX
I will give you that. I was not thinking of gene modified foods.

Regards
DL
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

Greatest I am wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2017 9:54 pm
Greatest I am wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2017 8:47 pm Food is not an engineered product and yes I know that food sales are sold to chains in their head offices and that is where any objections to the sale are dealt with.

Regards
DL

PhilX

Regards
DL
Many food products are highly processed and have been engineered to taste good regardless of the nutritional value of that food. Many fast food restaurants also do the same thing. So it's not just gene modified foods that are engineered. Many foods have been gene modified for hundreds of years to improve yield and nutritional content, the Cavendish Banana is an example of a food that has been genetically engineered and only came into existence in 1836 but is now the most commercially viable Banana on the market.
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

thedoc wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2017 10:43 pm

PhilX

Regards
DL
Many food products are highly processed and have been engineered to taste good regardless of the nutritional value of that food. Many fast food restaurants also do the same thing. So it's not just gene modified foods that are engineered. Many foods have been gene modified for hundreds of years to improve yield and nutritional content, the Cavendish Banana is an example of a food that has been genetically engineered and only came into existence in 1836 but is now the most commercially viable Banana on the market.
I will give you that as well.

Although I think most of what you are thinking of as food engineering for taste is not the formulated by physics engineering I was thinking of. I see what you mostly are talking about as a taste bud/human opinion engineering that is not replicatable in a consistent peer reviewed sense.

Regards
DL
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

Greatest I am wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2017 11:40 pm
thedoc wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2017 10:43 pm

Regards
DL
I will give you that as well.

Although I think most of what you are thinking of as food engineering for taste is not the formulated by physics engineering I was thinking of. I see what you mostly are talking about as a taste bud/human opinion engineering that is not replicatable in a consistent peer reviewed sense.

Regards
DL
Perhaps we are using engineered in a slightly different sense, It seems that you are being somewhat more strict in your definition and I am using engineered in the sense of any industrially modified food material. Most, if not all, industries employ engineers of one sort or another on their staff.
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

Many years ago my wife and I were advised by our physicians to cut down on our salt intake and were given a 1200 gram per day limit. Once in the grocery store I was in the aisle that contained the "Rice-a-Roni" products and noticed that a single serving exceeded the daily allotment of salt.
HexHammer

Post by HexHammer »

Greatest I am wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2017 3:24 pm
HexHammer wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2017 2:13 pmChristians worship Jesus instead of God, and Jesus said "I am the light" and Lucifer are "Son of Dawn, The Light Bringer". Jesus talked to a snaked and apparently became corrupted.
Greatest I am wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2017 3:24 pmI do not recall that from scriptures, unless you are talking Satan and the temptation of Jesus portrayed in scriptures. If not then please get the biblical quote to enlighten me.
Yes it was most likely Satan that the Bible said.
Greatest I am wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2017 3:24 pm
I have not read this either. A quote would be good.
O_O ..can't find it, must have dreamt it or something, been like 15 years ago.