Anymore BS anyone?

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Dontaskme

Anymore BS anyone?

Post by Dontaskme »

Don't worry yourself too much about the mess you make of reality with your beliefs.

The universe is self-cleaning. Black holes take care of everything that comes out of the holes...you know, that BS that is/was never actually any of your business anyway :shock:
Harbal

Re: Anymore BS anyone?

Post by Harbal »

Dontaskme wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:07 pm The universe is self-cleaning. Black holes take care of everything that comes out of the holes...you know, that BS
As someone who produces it on an industrial scale I imagine you take substantial comfort from that.
Science Fan

Post by Science Fan »

Although I would have phrased the idea differently, you do have a point. In the end, the entire human race and everything we have accomplished will be obliterated, which in some respects makes everything we do in life irrelevant in the long run. It's part of the human condition --- knowing in the end we shall disappear from the universe.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

And some asap if there's any justice in the world.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Science Fan wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:01 pm Although I would have phrased the idea differently, you do have a point. In the end, the entire human race and everything we have accomplished will be obliterated, which in some respects makes everything we do in life irrelevant in the long run. It's part of the human condition --- knowing in the end we shall disappear from the universe.
We're nothing but a walking alphabet with a terminal illness.

We've never been alive before and now we're dying.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Life is basically a bucket of shit piss puss and vomit and then you die.

However, one can always dress it up a bit to make it look and seem pleasant but it's probably not worth the effort, since decay rules the day, might as well submit to it asap and save yourself a lot of futile wasted energy.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Dontaskme wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:08 am Life is basically a bucket of shit piss puss and vomit and then you die.

However, one can always dress it up a bit to make it look and seem pleasant but it's probably not worth the effort, since decay rules the day, might as well submit to it asap and save yourself a lot of futile wasted energy.
Is this your own latest conclusion? How much of what you think and see are you creating?
Science Fan

Post by Science Fan »

Although I understand part of the human condition is the recognition of our ultimate demise as a species, although the precise details are currently unknown, I fail to see how that makes our present lives completely worthless.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Science Fan wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:24 pm Although I understand part of the human condition is the recognition of our ultimate demise as a species, although the precise details are currently unknown, I fail to see how that makes our present lives completely worthless.
If worth is worth living for then I guess that's something to entertain you while you are waiting to die, so play and have fun with that if that's what gets your groove on.

Play around with what ever idea you imagine to exist, it's a big enough playground. Do what you want as long as you are not harming another who is also playing around with their ideas in this playground.

If someone wants to play around with the idea that life is worthless, then that too is what's being played. Doesn't mean they aren't enjoying it. Just have fun with your life the way you want to live without the fear of living up to someone else's expectation of how you should live it, only your way is best for you, I certainly wouldn't want to live up to a recommendation or standard that isn't compatible with my world-view.

To me, knowing life is basically meaningless unless I give it meaning, worthless unless I give it worth, makes it even more beautiful and precious and fun.It's like wow, this is all me. Then at least I get to hang out with someone I can trust, namely, myself, who can make a world that I actually enjoy living in, or if the mood swings the other way which it often does, curse every living moment of it...At the end of the day, I do not live a life where I am expected to adapt or rely on the approval of an alien idea imposed upon me by another, as if that one had overall authority on how things actually should be.

Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Lacewing wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:45 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:08 am Life is basically a bucket of shit piss puss and vomit and then you die.

Is this your own latest conclusion? How much of what you think and see are you creating?
All of it as there was only me available at the time those thoughts arose to witness them, so yeah, it was all my creation as witnessed by me, I cannot lie, for the camera never lies. It's absolutely true.

Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Dontaskme wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:28 pm
Lacewing wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:45 pm

All of it as there was only me available at the time those thoughts arose to witness them, so yeah, it was all my creation as witnessed by me, I cannot lie, for the camera never lies. It's absolutely true.
So what was the value and purpose of presenting it as if it applies to everyone? Does it make you feel better... or somehow important/wise... to think that your reality creation is an ultimate reality for all?
Science Fan

Post by Science Fan »

Well of course I shall harm another. I do it all the time. It's called freedom of speech. If I state something that upsets another person, then that is a "harm" to the other person. Contrary to anarchist thinking, freedom of speech cannot be justified by the so-called non-aggression principle.
Greta

Post by Greta »

Dontaskme wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:08 amLife is basically a bucket of shit piss puss and vomit and then you die.
The power of positive thinking!

DAM, I think it's time for more exercise and to out into nature. I might do the same.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Science Fan wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:50 pm Well of course I shall harm another. I do it all the time. It's called freedom of speech. If I state something that upsets another person, then that is a "harm" to the other person. Contrary to anarchist thinking, freedom of speech cannot be justified by the so-called non-aggression principle.
That's where morality (compassion, empathy and a conscience) comes into the equation, but of course psychopaths don't understand boundaries and don't know where to draw the line (and don't care unless it's to their advantage).
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Lacewing wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:37 pm So what was the value and purpose of presenting it as if it applies to everyone? Does it make you feel better... or somehow important/wise... to think that your reality creation is an ultimate reality for all?
Some people on this forum have replied to my ideas as being read as BS...so basically, I've dedicated this thread to the BS subject, just to say I actually agree with them, and that in my opinion there is nothing wrong with it. I've placed this BS thread on the religious forum since some people here believe that religion is BS,which I also agree with, so there you have it.

If my BS is of any value to you or anyone else then take it it's free, or simply just leave it and smell your own BS..it's your prerogative. And the last time I looked, I was absolutely certain we are all living in the same reality, however, what we choose to think and believe about that reality is another story.