ceasing to exist, fact, or fiction?

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

osgart

ceasing to exist, fact, or fiction?

Post by osgart »

if I live for the moment, or live for length of days, or if I live for eternal promise, how is life affected by a chosen attitude toward existence?

there are only so many things, and relationships one can attain, I don't think you give up anything with an eternal perspective.

there is cause to believe in eternal life if in fact we are created, but nothing proveable for or against it.

The senses tell us strongly, that life is fleeting and time is short.

can the senses reliably tell us anything about the power of exist. or is the power of exist unknown.
Harbal

Re: ceasing to exist, fact, or fiction?

Post by Harbal »

osgart wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:37 pm or is the power of exist unknown.
Yes, the "power of exist" is unknown, at least it is to me, I've never heard of it.
osgart

Post by osgart »

the power of exist is that property that gives humans the ability to exist.

is it a physical property, spiritual, or something else entirely that allows humans to exist?

do things come into existence from nothing?

is there an little known undiscovered logic that reveals why something exists.

do senses lie, and reality is deeper than the senses?

perhaps religious people are afraid of death, so they come up with hypothetical answers to alleviate suffering it.
Walker

Post by Walker »

What answers do you think address these questions, and why?
osgart

Post by osgart »

if we go by the senses than we most surely cease to exist.

if there is an intelligent creator (s) than it is possible that an afterlife exists.

I wondered if anybody had any facts for or against ceasing to exist at death.

if you go by reason , it is no small miracle that life exists, and anything is possible.

science has fine tuning, and non locality neither of which is supposed to be real and is.

so is truth stranger than fiction?
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

osgart wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:02 am the power of exist is that property that gives humans the ability to exist.

is it a physical property, spiritual, or something else entirely that allows humans to exist?

do things come into existence from nothing?

is there an little known undiscovered logic that reveals why something exists.

do senses lie, and reality is deeper than the senses?

perhaps religious people are afraid of death, so they come up with hypothetical answers to alleviate suffering it.
My idea is that there's just everything without beginning or end which is not a thing. Words are the only tool that can describe not-a-thing as being every-thing.

But words are just auditory illusions of sound...heard as meaning where there is none. Therefore, descriptions are only ever story which are fictions. Reality is an appearance of an intangible energetic electrical phenomena...it's no more real than a movie on a tv screen. In that life is not happening to a someone, it's just happening to no one.

The words ''Do you exist'' are meaningless when those words are put to an animal. An animal is alive as just this pure presence which is the same for a human and every other known thing. Pure presence is what existence is. The words that describe that presence are not alive.

No thing is living life, things are just sounds heard as words with meaning.. which are illusions. The presence isn't an illusion though,and that presence is what some people call God. Even though that idea is just a word as well.

It's not looking good is it, from this point of view, no one lives.Life is not a thing, but is all things as words dictate which are not real things.Nope, it's definitely curtains for this one that believes it's real.

Does that make sense osgart?

PS..In My discussions I have decided to move away from the story part of reality back to the emptiness of reality again.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

osgart wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:38 pm if we go by the senses than we most surely cease to exist.

if there is an intelligent creator (s) than it is possible that an afterlife exists.

I wondered if anybody had any facts for or against ceasing to exist at death.
There is a sense of presence. But no one is living that presence except the sense itself.

No one has seen a sense, there is only sense, no one has felt a feeling, there is only feeling, no one has seen sight, there is only seeing...etc

The person I think I am is a thought..no one has ever seen a thought.

I did not witness my birth, and I will not witness my death. I am the unknown witness of every concept thing known as witnessed. But the very act of being a witness means this witness cannot be the thing it witnesses.

Life is just one big mysterious mystery that can never be solved no matter how much we think we can solve it, the reality is there is no one here to do that.

We can make up as many stories as we like about it, but these stories are no more real than the book of Cinderella.
We have absolutely no idea what is going to happen in the next moment let alone after we die.
We live on the razor edge between life and death every second of the day.

Anything we do know we have made up with our words which are fictions.

Anyone who claims to know what going on is a con artist.
Walker

Post by Walker »

A Comic Book Guide to the Bardo, the Tibetan Buddhist Afterlife

https://ultraculture.org/blog/2015/04/0 ... afterlife/
Walker

Post by Walker »

Dontaskme wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:40 am Anyone who claims to know what going on is a con artist.
With no need or desire to deceive, hearing that confidence-people gain trust through the act of trusting, allows the country cousin to cheerfully navigate mean streets where faith in folks is practiced by those who inspire confidence, but only for the purpose of betraying any reciprocating trust.

At the top levels of deceit such as what’s become synonymous with big-time politics, relativists who latch onto hopes and desires for amoral personal advantage inspire confidence merely through natural charm and charisma born of unrestricted energy. Add the capacity of verbal dexterity and you could easily end up with professional parsers calmly laying out the case that because there are no absolute truths, then the only betrayal of confidence is the betrayed’s gullibility caused by projecting an idealized inner world upon another and then condemning the other for not measuring up to the standards of good and evil that give structure to this arbitrary world made delusional by a dearth of absolute truth.

http://cdn1.spiegel.de/images/image-489 ... 489750.jpg