My way out of Islam

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

attofishpi

Re: My way out of Islam

Post by attofishpi »

Harbal wrote: Tue May 16, 2017 7:34 pm
attofishpi wrote: Tue May 16, 2017 7:25 am Only the deaf don't hear voices dipshit.
But not only the deaf don't hear voices that don't belong to anybody, doghead.
Who are you to think they dont belong to anybody - thats right a simple shortsighted atheist. It just proves to me that i know a lot more about the true nature of reality than all atheists.
SpheresOfBalance

Post by SpheresOfBalance »

Khalid wrote: Fri May 12, 2017 11:59 pm Hello everyone!
I was active here maybe over 4 years ago as a regular Muslim defending his religion , defending the ideas related to religion and God .

I never expected to give up my belief someday , or to become non-religious. Because religion is based on fear and islam in particular is well-known regarding that . Although I can not deny how this forum did benefit and encourage me to think out of the box or atleast to have some criticizing spirite, especially that I was trying to preach for islam here :D .

I started to read the Qur'an with different approach, focus on the details and be more criticizing to everything. I started to watch videos and listen to persons from the opposit side.

Why is religion full of mystification and complications?
Why men are promised to have virgins in the afterlife paradise?
Why mohammad married over 10 women?
Why is islam intolerant against others?
Why should anyone deserve an eternal punishment and pain for deeds he made within very limited time he spent on earth?
Why others will go to fire and only geographically lucky Muslims will go to paradise?
Endless questions you easily find whenever you get enough courage to think out of the box and use your mind!

I don't know why I started this thread , I'm just sharing my story which might be very similar to many others who went through same experience.

Anyway peace and love to everyone. :)
The way I see it is simple, if a god created everything here on planet earth, then he meant it to be just as it is, or he wouldn't have created it this way in the first place. Or so it logically seems. Within that, I can see our ability to come to terms with one another!

We cling to that immediately around us, because it's all we know, how to fit in and be accepted, it's to be expected. But to see the entire earths complete history, of everything contained within it's embrace, and understand it complete, is the crowning achievement of anyone from any culture!

I embrace the good to be found in all cultures!

Peace and love to you, my different friend!
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Harbal wrote: Tue May 16, 2017 7:43 pm
thedoc wrote: Tue May 16, 2017 6:37 pm
Harbal, who is currently on your ignore list, made this post.
Display this post.

This is what I see
It seems a bit like trying to stop smoking by having a cigarette to take your mind off the cravings.
I wish he would put me on his ignore list although it seems he has trouble ignoring his ignore listings.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Thu May 18, 2017 11:25 am
I wish he would put me on his ignore list although it seems he has trouble ignoring his ignore listings.
If I respond directly to his posts he ignores me, he only quotes me when I'm taking no notice of him. It's as if he can't bear the thought of me forgetting about him. I don't do that deliberately, it's just that he's so easy to forget about. This isn't the first time this has happened to me, men of a certain age seem to find me fascinating.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Harbal wrote: Thu May 18, 2017 7:38 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Thu May 18, 2017 11:25 am
If I respond directly to his posts he ignores me, he only quotes me when I'm taking no notice of him. It's as if he can't bear the thought of me forgetting about him. I don't do that deliberately, it's just that he's so easy to forget about. This isn't the first time this has happened to me, men of a certain age seem to find me fascinating.
Well you do have a very charming personality Harbal. I think he finds us both irresistible 8)
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Thu May 18, 2017 8:41 pm Well you do have a very charming personality Harbal. I think he finds us both irresistible 8)
I think so too but he just doesn't seem able to admit it to himself. I think he's got some kind of inferiority complex, which suggests he may have a better grasp of the situation than we give him credit for.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Harbal wrote: Thu May 18, 2017 8:54 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Thu May 18, 2017 8:41 pm Well you do have a very charming personality Harbal. I think he finds us both irresistible 8)
I think so too but he just doesn't seem able to admit it to himself. I think he's got some kind of inferiority complex, which suggests he may have a better grasp of the situation than we give him credit for.
cosy. real cosy.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

attofishpi wrote: Fri May 19, 2017 2:42 pm cosy. real cosy.
I'd like to think so even though your opinion of what is or isn't real is hardly a reliable guide to anything.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Harbal wrote: Fri May 19, 2017 5:30 pm
attofishpi wrote: Fri May 19, 2017 2:42 pm cosy. real cosy.
I'd like to think so even though your opinion of what is or isn't real is hardly a reliable guide to anything.
Keep sucking on that nectar Yorky.