A nice quiet thread about christianity.

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Dontaskme

Re: A nice quiet thread about christianity.

Post by Dontaskme »

Walker wrote:
Dontaskme wrote:...as long as those were not violated then human life would not descend into barbaric ungodly behaviour which goes against all basic and intrinsic human nature.
Many Christians do violate them without becoming barbaric, etc. Right?
Yes you are right Walker...It's okay to be unfaithful to your spouse and such, although not recommended bar making a mockery of the wedding vows...but my main gripe here was to do with the evil act of intent to murder another human being - do not commit murder. Killing someone by accident is fine, but not cold deliberate pre-conceived murder, that goes against everything that life for a rational conscientious human consciousness stands for.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Dontaskme wrote:Yes you are right Walker...It's okay to be unfaithful to your spouse and such, although not recommended bar making a mockery of the wedding vows...
Huh?

My train of thought was along the lines of, forgiveness.

Aren't adulterers and esses going to burn in everlasting hell?
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Walker wrote:
Dontaskme wrote:Yes you are right Walker...It's okay to be unfaithful to your spouse and such, although not recommended bar making a mockery of the wedding vows...
Huh?

My train of thought was along the lines of, forgiveness.

Aren't adulterers and esses going to burn in everlasting hell?
Yeah, I forgot to add the word forgiveness.

Yes, of course adulterers are going to hell, unless they are genuinely willing to forgive themselves...and it goes the same for the ones deserted ..forgiveness of others actions is the key to their freedom.. forgive those who deceive us who cannot stay true to their word...and put your faith in the true lover the beloved one...and the truth will set you free...
Walker

Post by Walker »

Dontaskme wrote: Image
You don’t seem like a trickster.
You’re sincere, but trickers are sincere.

Tell me how you know what you know, so I can know for sure if you are not.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Walker wrote:
Dontaskme wrote: Image
You don’t seem like a trickster.
You’re sincere, but trickers are sincere.

Tell me how you know what you know, so I can know for sure if you are not.
We can know another human being by face and voice recognition and by their overall personal characteristic traits.
Like I can know my son and my daughter, so I can love them unconditionally for who they are. But I can never know their private thoughts and feelings, or their real intents.

The litmus test would come from yourself, how much you yourself are prepared to love other unconditionally no matter what the other said or did to you.

To your own self be true,(knowing your real self) and all will be added to you.

Matthew 6:33 ''But let your first care be for his kingdom and his righteousness; and all these other things will be given to you in addition.''

__

Shakespeare...

“This above all: to thine own self be true
And it must follow, as the night the day
Thou canst not then be false to any man/Farewell, my blessing season this in thee!”
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

We already know LOVE is a very powerful force and is the only truth operating within the universe.

Love is just another word for God

Be loving around an animal and it will respond in kind. Be unloving, negative and aggressive and it will cower in fear. It's the same with babies...they too respond well to love.

Evil will never win over Good. And that's the good news.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Dontaskme wrote:The litmus test would come from yourself, how much you yourself are prepared to love other unconditionally no matter what the other said or did to you.
You're right.

Unconditional love is the extreme forgiveness.
Compassion is the same.
Same principle, which is not contrived.
It is realized and recognized within all things, all experiences.
Then, the words, the meanings, the philosophies follow.

That is the crux of duality, which occurs naturally.

However, this does not address the why.

Why?

Oh, I see your other response now.
Life best responds to love.
And life is the measure.
Correct?
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Walker wrote:
Dontaskme wrote:The litmus test would come from yourself, how much you yourself are prepared to love other unconditionally no matter what the other said or did to you.
You're right.

Unconditional love is the extreme forgiveness.
Compassion is the same.
Same principle, which is not contrived, realized and recognized within all things, all experiences.

That is the crux of duality, which occurs naturally.
Yes, thank you...and welcome to my world.

I am in the world but not of it.

John 16:33 ►
''These things I have spoken to you, that in me you might have peace. In the world you shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.''
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

The last sayings of Christ on the cross, none is more important or more poignant than, “It is finished.” Found only in the Gospel of John, the Greek word translated “it is finished” is tetelestai, an accounting term that means “paid in full.”

When Jesus uttered those words, He was declaring the debt owed to His Father was wiped away completely and forever. Not that Jesus wiped away any debt that He owed to the Father; rather, Jesus eliminated the debt owed by mankind—the debt of sin.

Advaita Vedanta ..The End of Knowledge.

Return to Innocence - Back to the Garden.

True bona-fide documented reports of a real man who was true to his word. . .

But lets just doubt instead..lets just trash those golden nuggets of truth for pieces of rubbish instead.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Let’s be reasonable now.

Here’s the rub.

Christianity says: forgiveness for your sins.
However, Christians still sin.

If Christianity said, go sin, what would be the difference to the world?

The only difference would be for the sinner.

The only benefit for the world is if the sinner, sins no more.

Correct?

Sort of a Catch-22.

This is not to doubt you. This is simply contemplation, which is distinct from meditation, btw.
Walker

Post by Walker »

To speak of non-duality, it’s about energy.

But that’s off-topic.

:)
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Walker wrote:Let’s be reasonable now.

Here’s the rub.

Christianity says: forgiveness for your sins.
However, Christians still sin.

If Christianity said, go sin, what would be the difference to the world?

The only difference would be for the sinner.

The only benefit for the world is if the sinner, sins no more.

Correct?

Sort of a Catch-22.

This is not to doubt you. This is simply contemplation, which is distinct from meditation, btw.
I've already given an example of how it is okay to be a sinner...but one needs to have the wisdom to discern the difference between the ego self and the real self, and to follow the true master is to master yourself only. . . and allow others to go their own way.

When the light of truth is seen the absolute most ridged hard headed dedicated stance on the ground of 'non-duality' gets ripped away when the whole world comes alive again... zen saying...the mountains are again mountains.....

All is seen in the Light of God-All of this is Graced with Love, this world, tangible world, - dual and non-dual makes no difference and Now it all makes sense - the Perfection and Love of "is not" all becomes Understood and Love comes bursting in like the waters of a broken
Dam -Life begins once again, brand new, we are like a child once again -once again this time, this time we know.

The breaking of the waters to a new birth on earth.

We get that often longed for 'second chance' - Now That Is Love! The second coming of Christ...Christ's conscience, Christ Consciousness.

This time there is no duality or non-duality just Freedom, pure joyful freedom to Live without fear.

"Expect the Best. You're going to expect something anyway,
You may as well expect the Best! "

You know, any limited ideas about Life are just going to put limitations on our life,meanwhile Life goes right on Unlimited, Unbound, Unbeholden to anyone or anything and any ideology therein.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

''If we are all supposed to love each other, love will cease to exist because there is no hate to contrast it.''

Discernment is the key...to realise what's real and what isn't.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Dontaskme wrote:''If we are all supposed to love each other, love will cease to exist because there is no hate to contrast it.''
Perhaps love would not exist as a concept.

Compassion, or the unconditional love, is like the ocean.

Without land, the ocean is still the ocean, whether or not the dolphins can imagine anything else. The dolphins may not conceptualize the ocean, or qualify it, or categorize it, because it so familiar. It is the medium through which they move even while sleeping.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Walker wrote:
Dontaskme wrote:''If we are all supposed to love each other, love will cease to exist because there is no hate to contrast it.''
Perhaps love would not exist as a concept.

Compassion, or the unconditional love, is like the ocean.

Without land, the ocean is still the ocean, whether or not the dolphins can imagine anything else. The dolphins may not conceptualize the ocean, or qualify it, or categorize it, because it so familiar. It is the medium through which they move even while sleeping.
Nice analogy!

The ocean being the Absolute ground of all being. That always is, was, and ever will be ..indivisibly one?