I am an Islamophobe. If you are not, you might not be a moral person.

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Dontaskme

Re: I am an Islamophobe. If you are not, you might not be a moral person.

Post by Dontaskme »

Immanuel Can wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:37 am Some interesting quotations from a recent Telegraph interview with Richard Dawkins:
[Dawkins on Islam;] "If you look at the actual impact that different religions have on the world it's quite apparent that at present the most evil religion in the world has to be Islam... [The] regressive left turns treacherous, blind eye on misogyny & homophobia because they absurdly think Islam must be 'respected' as a 'race'."
Is this statement made by Richard Dawkins himself? ..and if it is...does he honestly believe the west think that Islam is a race?
Immanuel Can wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:37 am[He continues] "Christianity may actually be our best defense against aberrant forms of religion that threaten the world. There are no Christians, as far as I know, blowing up buildings. I am not aware of any Christian suicide bombers...I am not aware of any major Christian denomination that believes the penalty for apostasy is death."

Comments?
Extremists are literally willing to die for their beliefs, and in retaliation men will be threatened by an enemy that they cannot defeat, so how can they possibly tolerate such an action but to blow up buildings belonging to innocent people as seen in the Iraq war. Innocents are killed in the crossfire along with the tyrants they are trying to wipeout because they are scared of someone willing to die for their beliefs. What a mess is the mind of man.

Now...it's not all doom and gloom..we do try our best, we instinctively know deep down we are all one race, the human race..see here >

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/73 ... 17bad1.jpg

So what's it all about really, surely it's not about .. (my religion is more moral than yours kind of attitude )?

Oil - energy resources..self preservation....is what's behind all the mindless destruction, not religion?

The God / and the Jesus concepts are not in any way shape or form religious, religion is just a man-made concept,as is every idea, ideas given as a gift to guide man toward reconciliation with his original creator...they are not given to drive them further away, but identification with the concepts as literally absolute real things in and of themselves...can and will often appear to drive man away from actual truth.... If man abuses their free will by choosing to live as centre stage aka the will of their own choosing which is granted to them by their creator, then that's what will happen. Simply because the creator knows full well in the moment that consequences appear that are either favoured or rejected. Opposing wills are known because opposites have to exist in the same moment, because man has come to know what he knows through knowledge. One simply can't know love without knowing hate...what love is not ...The hidden absolute here is that love can never hate, because hate can never love. There is only love.

The reason I say love is because , one wouldn't want to harm something one loves. If it did, then it would not be true love, that's how you know what's right and wrong, real and unreal..love never leaves you, it can't leave, you leave love. That's what God means. God can't leave you, God is you in limited form.

And what about Saudi Arabia ..their way of life is to cut off your hands if your caught stealing, well, that's their business.
People in England kill their children by deliberately leaving them strapped in their car seats on a very hot day.

How can the beast ever be removed from the human being?

Have you any ideas about that?

I think it's because people believe they don't have any love in their lives, and they feel hopeless without it....even though they are that love they crave...it's such an unnecessary tragedy waiting to happen.

. Those who love, and love their enemies will be saved despite risking their life for that kind of love. That's the truth Jesus preached. He lived and died by example for us all to follow.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Some Muslims accept that Jesus was God incarnate. Others don't, they reject that idea. But it's all about spiritual maturity and coming into phase with the Absolute.

We're all journeying to the same destination, while our paths taken may differ. . . but only you will know what's the right path for you.

God in his love and wisdom already knows all paths eventually lead home, because home is all there is.

And although it seems people die horrible deaths in this realtime living movie...no one actually dies. . . but who will believe this?

We love pleasure, but reject pain...and yet pain and suffering is such a divine gift. It ultimately makes us humble and pure . . but who will believe this?

Is there anyone willing to die in the lake of fire to reach heaven the pure fire of the heart of love?
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Belinda wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:40 am The Telegraph is a right-wing paper owned by Rupert Murdoch , so you are unlikely to source free journalism there.My advice would be to be careful of who you get your opinions from.
Ad hominem. That's not a useful caution IF what was said is precisely what Richard Dawkins said.

In fact, it really wouldn't matter, then, if we got the information from Ghengis Khan...if it were the truth anyway. If he said it, he said it. If he did not, then he did not; and then it would not matter if the source that said he did were a singing choir of angels.
Islam has merit.
i'm interested. What would that "merit" be?

Check out the Muslim charities, dollar for dollar and hour for hour, against Christian and Jewish charities. See who spends what, where, and on whom. For example, how much aid do all the Arab nations send to their "brothers" the Palestinians? How many Palestinian refugees have been accommodated and settled in the lands of their Arab neighbours as refugees?

What was said of Cuba in the Seventies is still true of today's refugees from the Muslim world; "all the boats go one way."
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Dontaskme wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:10 am ...does he honestly believe the west think that Islam is a race?
I'm not Dawkins fan, but I have to admit that you're not reading him fairly there. He doesn't say HE does; he says that leftist advocates for Islam use "race" as an excuse to criticize "Islamophobia."
People in England kill their children by deliberately leaving them strapped in their car seats on a very hot day.
Really? You're saying that people in England deliberate bake their children to death, at the command of their Englishness? Because in Muslim lands, it's deliberate and on command -- no question. :shock:

I think you might be a little unkind to the English too.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Immanuel Can wrote: Check out the Muslim charities, dollar for dollar and hour for hour, against Christian and Jewish charities. See who spends what, where, and on whom. For example, how much aid do all the Arab nations send to their "brothers" the Palestinians? How many Palestinian refugees have been accommodated and settled in the lands of their Arab neighbours as refugees?
And yet if they are true Muslims they'd give 2.5% of their wealth every year until they die to the poor, how many Christians give that? And if the religion was truly followed it'd be a tax not a choice as it's become in some places.
What was said of Cuba in the Seventies is still true of today's refugees from the Muslim world; "all the boats go one way."
Do they, is your 'God' happy with duplicity and lies?

Top refugee hosting countries
1. Jordan (2.7 million+)
2. Turkey (2.5 million+)
3. Pakistan (1.6 million)
4. Lebanon (1.5 million+)
5. Iran (979,400)
6. Ethiopia (736,100)
7. Kenya (553,900)
8. Uganda (477,200)
9. Democratic Republic of Congo (383,100)
10. Chad (369,500)

Oh! And the bulk of the Palestinian refugees are in Jordan, Lebanon, the West Bank and Gaza strip.
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

Immanuel Can wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:37 am Some interesting quotations from a recent Telegraph interview with Richard Dawkins:

[Dawkins on Islam;] "If you look at the actual impact that different religions have on the world it's quite apparent that at present the most evil religion in the world has to be Islam... [The] regressive left turns treacherous, blind eye on misogyny & homophobia because they absurdly think Islam must be 'respected' as a 'race'."

[Dawkins on Christianity: it's an] "important part of our culture to know about the Bible. After all so much of English literature has allusions to the Bible, if you look up the Oxford English Dictionary you find something like the same number of quotations from the Bible as from Shakespeare...I would not abolish religious education, I think I would substitute it for comparative religion and Biblical history and religious history. Comparative religion is very valuable partly because the child learns that there are lots of different religions not just the one they were brought up with. They learn they are all different and they can't all be right, so maybe none of them are right. Critical thinking is what we need."

[He continues] "Christianity may actually be our best defense against aberrant forms of religion that threaten the world. There are no Christians, as far as I know, blowing up buildings. I am not aware of any Christian suicide bombers...I am not aware of any major Christian denomination that believes the penalty for apostasy is death."

Comments?
I agree with his view of the harm of religions but not with what he says of Christianity. "Christianity may actually be our best defense against aberrant forms of religion"

If a religion that is intolerant, homophobic and misogynous and has a genocidal son murdering God is the best defence against other immoral religions, then the world is in more trouble than I think.

Sure we have brought Christianity to heel, but give them political power and Inquisitions, again, will be our reward.

I would prefer we investigate the knowledge and wisdom religions like Buddhism or my own Gnostic Christianity.

The world need a Universalist religion to ends discrimination without a just cause and Christianity is not that.

Regards
DL
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

uwot wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:19 am
Immanuel Can wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:37 amComments?
Plenty, but why invite them, given that you have the hubris to appoint yourself judge and jury of the fate of our souls? Isn't that your god's job?
Anyway: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/wom ... 02687d0047 Comments?
We all know the horrible end that the majority of children face when born into poverty, which is what the majority of aborted fetuses will face if born.

When those who are against abortion put their money where their mouth is, only then will they start winning hearts and minds, as they will be actually showing what their hearts are made of.

Regards
DL
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

Belinda wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:40 am [
I do agree that Christianity, and The Bible have merit. Islam has merit. It seems to be be the case that those people who actually attend churches and mosques form the nucleus and the body of helpers in emergencies that bring people together in common humanity.
Hi Belinda

I am working on something that speaks about the merits of Christianity and Islam.

Your comment would be appreciated as well as anyone else.

=========

Yahweh. Obey like a slave. Allah. Submit like a slave. Do you see a difference?

I find it strange that all-powerful Gods have a need or want of slaves, but if slavery is all that Christians and Muslims aspire to after death, I am sure glad I am a Gnostic Christian and see Jesus as not being of the same ilk as Christian and Muslim slave aspirers. Jesus said he came to serve man but I guess that he is not like his father. Thank God for that. –;)

In the arena of cultural evolution, the secular and humanist West has decided that Jesus wins the God Wars. Christians have gone along with revering the nice (sort of) God, Jesus, instead of his poor satanic father.

If Muslims do not also go along with that archetypal prophet and savior Jesus, as being more authoritative than Muhammad, they will not survive and the religion will die.

This is inevitable as the world will not allow open religious slavery, --- which is what Muslim and Christian ideologies promote.

No?

Regards
DL

On Muslim slavery. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUOSIhg86oc
On archetypal Jesus. https://clyp.it/lqeu3cku

==============

Belinda

Please add the merits you see, subtract the intolerance, homophobia and misogyny, and tell us if the merits you see are worth the negatives.

Regards
DL
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

Belinda wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:45 am True, atheists and Humanists do of course join with the religionists in communal efforts to aid the stricken, however the churches and mosques are buildings that are of material use and are also centres at which communities regularly congregate.

I don't think the present time is right for Islam-bashing or for writing league tables of religions.
True, but churches, temples and mosques are also where people are lied to on a constant basis by priests, preachers and imams and those lies have led to intolerant, homophobic and misogynous religions which want slaved sheeple instead of free thinking people.

Regards
DL
uwot

Post by uwot »

Greatest I am wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:12 pm
uwot wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:19 am
Immanuel Can wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:37 amComments?
Plenty, but why invite them, given that you have the hubris to appoint yourself judge and jury of the fate of our souls? Isn't that your god's job?
Anyway: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/wom ... 02687d0047 Comments?
We all know the horrible end that the majority of children face when born into poverty, which is what the majority of aborted fetuses will face if born.

When those who are against abortion put their money where their mouth is, only then will they start winning hearts and minds, as they will be actually showing what their hearts are made of.

Regards
DL
Here is a quote from Freakonomics, I book I can thoroughly recommend. It is by Steven D. Levitt, "a Professor of Economics at the University of Chicago, (who) was awarded the John Bates Clark medal, given to the most influential American economist under the age of forty" & Stephen J. Dubner.
"In 1966, one year after Nicolae Ceausescu became the Communist dictator of Romania, he made abortion illegal. "The foetus is the property of the entire society," he proclaimed." Levitt goes on to argue that inspite of dire predictions of apocalyptic crime waves in the US, in the 1990's, crime rates actually started to fall. The single biggest cause for this, he claims, is that "On January 22, 1973, legalised abortion was suddenly extended to the entire country (USA) with the U.S. Supreme Court's ruling in Roe v. Wade." The case he makes is that it is the reduction in disaffected, unloved and unwanted babies, who weren't born, and didn't become disaffected, unloved and unwanted young men that explains the fall. You can read the original article, on which the chapter in the book is based, here: http://pricetheory.uchicago.edu/levitt/ ... ed2001.pdf
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

Immanuel Can wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:21 pm
Belinda wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:40 am The Telegraph is a right-wing paper owned by Rupert Murdoch , so you are unlikely to source free journalism there.My advice would be to be careful of who you get your opinions from.
(Immanuel replied)Ad hominem. That's not a useful caution IF what was said is precisely what Richard Dawkins said.

In fact, it really wouldn't matter, then, if we got the information from Ghengis Khan...if it were the truth anyway. If he said it, he said it. If he did not, then he did not; and then it would not matter if the source that said he did were a singing choir of angels.

(Belinda replied)How naive ! Don't you know that people select what they say according to their ethic? Some people are motivated by other than money and ambition.
Some people are motivated by search for truth and those are often the same people who know the criteria for truthful reportage. Rupert Murdoch is not a truth-seeker but seeks to entrench his own power.
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

Greatest I Am wrote:
I am working on something that speaks about the merits of Christianity and Islam.

Your comment would be appreciated as well as anyone else.
You can go to much more knowledgeable sources than me! Save your energy.

I searched and found this source:

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/ar ... 1X14000177

"The impact of religious faith on attitudes to environmental issues and Carbon Capture and Storage (CCS) technologies: A mixed methods study"

What is carbon capture and storage?

https://www.theguardian.com/environment ... nd-storage
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Belinda wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2017 2:17 pm
Immanuel Can wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:21 pm )Ad hominem. That's not a useful caution IF what was said is precisely what Richard Dawkins said.

(Belinda replied)How naive !

Not at all! But if you think so, then it's evident you need to read up on the "ad hominem fallacy" -- it's a very generally-recognized principle of logic that when you criticize a source you are not automatically providing a valid criticism for the content.

Even an inveterate liar tells the truth some of the time: if he did not, he'd never be believed! :shock:
Don't you know that people select what they say according to their ethic? Some people are motivated by other than money and ambition.
In regard to the truth-content of their utterance, this has no bearing.
Rupert Murdoch is not a truth-seeker but seeks to entrench his own power.
Ad hominem.

Seriously: you do need to read up on it, because you're making the same error over and over. Here, I'll make it easy for you to see: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ad_hominem
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Immanuel Can wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:26 pm Really? You're saying that people in England deliberate bake their children to death, at the command of their Englishness? Because in Muslim lands, it's deliberate and on command -- no question. :shock:
If people do what they do on command, then that's because that's what they want to do. It's their prerogative. If someone is doing something on the command of another, then they are playing the game of giving up their own mind in favour of another and permitting that other to do that to them. That's their prerogative. No one is making someone do what they want to do. So what ever they do do, it is still doing what they ultimately want to do...on command can even sound appealing since that idea could free them of any guilt or responsibility, and then they might even imagine they are only guilty by association which just proves to the world that the human mind is not to be trusted because that sort of mindset is nothing less than a cowardly disingenuous action, which is a threat not only to them self but to others...and certainly not to be trusted.

So why does this happen?...

God's absolute word through Jesus the Logos is real...it is the only true voice of reason and justice, and has to exist prior to any injustice made so injustice can be known. If you adhere to the Logos only, nothing can or will harm you. God does not play the bigot card. God is all allowing, wise and knows every consequence of every action before it happens... he extends that wisdom to his children so that they too can become wise and all allowing themselves.. and because he proves himself by example, he gives hope to his children that they too will want to follow by example. He grants the freedom for everyone to find out for them self how to find peace love and harmony, he does not give it to them on a silver platter, they have to work for it, and that's what they want too, they want to work for them self, they want to earn their own wisdom and self-fulfilment..otherwise life would be just plain and simply dull as dishwater...Imagine everything being perfect all the time, the devil makes work for idle hands...Ultimately, God doesn't make you do anything you don't want to do. Every thing that happens is either his divine will...or the turning away from the divine will with often disastrous consequences...either way, what will be will be because there is only the divine at work here.

But who will believe this? :shock:

Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Greatest I am wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:17 pm

Yahweh. Obey like a slave. Allah. Submit like a slave. Do you see a difference?

I find it strange that all-powerful Gods have a need or want of slaves,
Sorry for butting in, but I think God is just a metaphor for the mind. We all share the same mind...mind stamps labels on itself, else it's nothing.

The mind is either our slave or our master. We have ultimate control over what thought we choose to identify with by association. In other words it is the mind itself that gives meaning to what is otherwise meaningless and not even happening.

In other words, we are basically making up reality to the model of our own particular preference. No one is doing this, it's a mental idea.

So what reality do we want to create?

I know which reality I want...it's really that simple.

.God is this immediate total freedom to be or not to be...that is the one question to all our answers.