I am an Islamophobe. If you are not, you might not be a moral person.

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Greatest I am

Re: I am an Islamophobe. If you are not, you might not be a moral person.

Post by Greatest I am »

Dontaskme wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:30 pm
God's absolute word through Jesus the Logos is real...it is the only true voice of reason and justice,
You keep spouting that B.S. while running from moral debates on Jesus' policies that are definitely unjust.

Like his no divorce and substitutionary atonement policies.

If you continue to run from the truth, your B.S. will be recognized as B.S.

Regards
DL
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

uwot wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:49 pm
Greatest I am wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:12 pm
uwot wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:19 am
Plenty, but why invite them, given that you have the hubris to appoint yourself judge and jury of the fate of our souls? Isn't that your god's job?
Anyway: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/wom ... 02687d0047 Comments?
We all know the horrible end that the majority of children face when born into poverty, which is what the majority of aborted fetuses will face if born.

When those who are against abortion put their money where their mouth is, only then will they start winning hearts and minds, as they will be actually showing what their hearts are made of.

Regards
DL
Here is a quote from Freakonomics, I book I can thoroughly recommend. It is by Steven D. Levitt, "a Professor of Economics at the University of Chicago, (who) was awarded the John Bates Clark medal, given to the most influential American economist under the age of forty" & Stephen J. Dubner.
"In 1966, one year after Nicolae Ceausescu became the Communist dictator of Romania, he made abortion illegal. "The foetus is the property of the entire society," he proclaimed." Levitt goes on to argue that inspite of dire predictions of apocalyptic crime waves in the US, in the 1990's, crime rates actually started to fall. The single biggest cause for this, he claims, is that "On January 22, 1973, legalised abortion was suddenly extended to the entire country (USA) with the U.S. Supreme Court's ruling in Roe v. Wade." The case he makes is that it is the reduction in disaffected, unloved and unwanted babies, who weren't born, and didn't become disaffected, unloved and unwanted young men that explains the fall. You can read the original article, on which the chapter in the book is based, here: http://pricetheory.uchicago.edu/levitt/ ... ed2001.pdf
Thanks for this.

Regards
DL
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Greatest I am wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:36 pm
God's absolute word through Jesus the Logos is real...it is the only true voice of reason and justice,
You keep spouting that B.S. while running from moral debates on Jesus' policies that are definitely unjust.

Regards
DL
Listen, nature listens, it does not speak.

Do not allow others to think for you, listen by all means to others, but then always make up your own mind about what's being shown.
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

Belinda wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2017 2:20 pm Greatest I Am wrote:
I am working on something that speaks about the merits of Christianity and Islam.

Your comment would be appreciated as well as anyone else.
You can go to much more knowledgeable sources than me! Save your energy.

I searched and found this source:

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/ar ... 1X14000177

"The impact of religious faith on attitudes to environmental issues and Carbon Capture and Storage (CCS) technologies: A mixed methods study"

What is carbon capture and storage?

https://www.theguardian.com/environment ... nd-storage
TLDR.

You picked a poor way to make whatever point you wanted to make.

You went way off topic and if you have something to say, give a synopsis so that your view can be better understood instead of someone else's.

Regards
DL
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

Dontaskme wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:39 pm
Greatest I am wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:36 pm

Regards
DL
Listen, nature listens, it does not speak.

Do not allow others to think for you, listen by all means to others, but then always make up your own mind about what's being shown.
You say as you let your imaginary guy in the sky do all you thinking for you. That is why you keep running and post such inane B.S.

Your hypocrisy knows no bounds. But keep doing what you do as that does more for my side than yours.

Regards
DL
Seleucus

Post by Seleucus »

Belinda wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2017 2:20 pmI searched and found this source:

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/ar ... 1X14000177
Thanks, great find. And easy and quick to get the point. Just took about one minute to read the abstract, skim over the literature review, and glance at the conclusion.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Greatest I am wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:44 pm
You say as you let your imaginary guy in the sky do all you thinking for you.

Well there is only the sky and it's contents aka the guy.

Haven't noticed anything especially guys ever becoming unhinged from the sky have you? I mean is that possible, can a guy separate himself from the sky.. everything is made out of the stuff it's appearing in, namely sky. Thank god for no thing eh?
uwot

Post by uwot »

Greatest I am wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:38 pmThanks for this.

Regards
DL
My pleasure.