is your religion unique?

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

osgart

is your religion unique?

Post by osgart »

has anybody ever created their own religion?

if you could what would it be about and what evidence reveals it?
Walker

Re: is your religion unique?

Post by Walker »

L. Ron Hubbard did.
osgart

Post by osgart »

i remember that dianetics i think it was. they called it a cult a lot of people did.
Walker

Post by Walker »

It's a religion in Britain.
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

osgart wrote:has anybody ever created their own religion? if you could what would it be about and what evidence reveals it?
I created the Church of Ouzo based on a game and revealing the message of the book of Revelation.
uwot

Post by uwot »

osgart wrote:has anybody ever created their own religion?
Everybody who is religious creates their own religion. It is no coincidence that all gods think exactly the same as the people who believe in them.
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

uwot wrote: Mon May 01, 2017 12:44 pm
Everybody who is religious creates their own religion. It is no coincidence that all gods think exactly the same as the people who believe in them.
No, you are wrong, as described in the book of Revelation and "The Ouzo Prophecy," to wit:
"For God hath put in their hearts to fulfil his will, and to agree, and give their kingdom unto the beast, until the words of God shall be fulfilled."

-Revelation 17:17, a description of the beast with 7 heads and 10 horns in chapter and verse.
Necromancer

Post by Necromancer »

uwot wrote: Mon May 01, 2017 12:44 pm
"Some" actually utter that their God is the same as the other people's God and yet "some" utter that their God is also Allah, Brahman, Buddha, Yahweh etc.

Not so easy, uwot, and from you who do not even believe... Are you the expert? :D
Reflex

Post by Reflex »

Every person's religion is unique.
Ginkgo

Post by Ginkgo »

bobevenson wrote: Mon May 01, 2017 12:31 pm
osgart wrote:has anybody ever created their own religion? if you could what would it be about and what evidence reveals it?
I created the Church of Ouzo based on a game and revealing the message of the book of Revelation.

What you have created is a church with a membership of one.
uwot

Post by uwot »

Necromancer wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:57 pm
uwot wrote: Mon May 01, 2017 12:44 pmEverybody who is religious creates their own religion. It is no coincidence that all gods think exactly the same as the people who believe in them.
"Some" actually utter that their God is the same as the other people's God and yet "some" utter that their God is also Allah, Brahman, Buddha, Yahweh etc.

Not so easy, uwot, and from you who do not even believe... Are you the expert? :D
No...
Reflex wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:36 am Every person's religion is unique.
...but apparently, Reflex is.
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

Ginkgo wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:22 pm

Sorry, my friend, but the Church of Ouzo doesn't have any membership at all, but is a philosophy that interprets the book of Revelation, and cuts across all religions and spiritual thought.
Philosophy Explorer

Post by Philosophy Explorer »

bobevenson wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:15 pm
Ginkgo wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:22 pm

Sorry, my friend, but the Church of Ouzo doesn't have any membership at all, but is a philosophy that interprets the book of Revelation, and cuts across all religions and spiritual thought.
Christian religion is based on its entire Bible, not just Revelations and Islam is based on the Koran and Judaism is based on the Old Testament to name a few so your contention your philosophy cuts across all religions is pure hogwash (and your church is empty btw). :lol:

PhilX 🇺🇸
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

Please, the first 65 books of the Bible are merely wrapping paper for Revelation, the 66th ("mankind" adds up to 66 in English gematria simplex, A=1 to Z=26).
Philosophy Explorer

Post by Philosophy Explorer »

bobevenson wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:45 pm Please, the first 65 books of the Bible are merely wrapping paper for Revelation, the 66th ("mankind" adds up to 66 in English gematria simplex, A=1 to Z=26).
Without the first 65 books, you have no Christian Bible.

PhilX 🇺🇸