A divine God would seek personal responsibility in every life and wouldn't be after submission and worship

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Harbal

Re: A divine God would seek personal responsibility in every life and wouldn't be after submission and worship

Post by Harbal »

osgart wrote:no I don't. It's wishful thinking. it would be great if there was one. but it ain't so.
How can you be sure?
osgart

Re: A divine God would seek personal responsibility in every life and wouldn't be after submission and worship

Post by osgart »

by considering what the qualities of GOD are. And than comparing God's attributes to the divine standard of total righthood.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

osgart wrote:by considering what the qualities of GOD are.
So you know what the qualities of God are? How do you know?
osgart

Post by osgart »

i surmise what a perfect being would be.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

osgart wrote:i surmise what a perfect being would be.
So if I surmise what a perfect being would be and it is different to your concept, how would we establish who is right?
osgart

Post by osgart »

by it's benefit to society. we use the word God in American government so we should have a definition of its standard
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

osgart wrote:by it's benefit to society. we use the word God in American government so we should have a definition of its standard
Different people have different views about what is beneficial to society, don't they? Is it possible to get a unanimous agreement on what sort of God is required?
osgart

Post by osgart »

there are general truths that apply to everybody. past that is total freedom to see things as one sees fit themselves.
osgart

Post by osgart »

God is a term that lacks definition. yet we hold everybody accountable to God. so we should try to define a useful meaning to it
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

osgart wrote:God is a term that lacks definition. yet we hold everybody accountable to God. so we should try to define a useful meaning to it
Is it worth going to the bother if, after you've defined it, you are not going to believe in it?
osgart

Post by osgart »

to find the common meaning of it is worthwhile. God in the sense of a unifying principle that can be agreed upon .
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

osgart wrote:to find the common meaning of it is worthwhile. God in the sense of a unifying principle that can be agreed upon .
I admire your enthusiasm, I don't think I could be bothered to make the effort.
osgart

Post by osgart »

perhaps it is a bit time consuming. there's only so many hours in a day. Seeing that there are many Americans who would simply shrug it off. Much of life is circumstance and plight. and people often fall into a grind of going through the motions everyday.

thanks for the compliment.
osgart

Post by osgart »

I come in contact with many Christians everyday
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

osgart wrote:
thanks for the compliment.
You're welcome.