A divine God would seek personal responsibility in every life and wouldn't be after submission and worship

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

osgart

Re: A divine God would seek personal responsibility in every life and wouldn't be after submission and worship

Post by osgart »

I can't help saying I used to read Mad magazine as a kid. spy vs spy, Mudonna, Alfred e. Neumann.

schnide wise guy humor. sarcasm to the hilt.
Harbal

Re: A divine God would seek personal responsibility in every life and wouldn't be after submission and worship

Post by Harbal »

osgart wrote:I can't help saying I used to read Mad magazine as a kid.
So did I but I was too young to get most of it.
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

Osgart wrote:
Far different is a True God from those of Muslims Christians and Jews. A True God would only care what you deserve by heart alone and would also extend mercy to those whom are able to repent.

A True God's glory would stand glorious all on it's own without demanding fear worship belief conviction or praise. A True God would be omnipotent and not have to do willing sacrifice of innocence for the guilty.

A True God would make His presence known and rule the earth so that no evil is done here.

that's not what we see in reality. So unfortunately we are left without such a being.
We do see a true god that makes its presence known. We see it when we see self-denying actions which are aimed at helping others and which more often than not are disadvantageous or even dangerous. A true god is not all powerful but has to be made by humans through unselfishness and hard work. Jesus Christ is an example of how taking up one's cross is self sacrifice. The top good people who are self sacrificers for others often die of their caring for others. The top good people may be said to have well-established souls, but let's be clear that souls are clear consciences, not ghosts.
We do see self-sacrificing actions and we don't have to look far afield to find them.

I hope you understand that a true god is not a big powerful supernatural Person but is a way of behaving.
Reflex

Post by Reflex »

Belinda wrote:
We do see a true god that makes its presence known. We see it when we see self-denying actions which are aimed at helping others and which more often than not are disadvantageous or even dangerous. A true god is not all powerful but has to be made by humans through unselfishness and hard work. Jesus Christ is an example of how taking up one's cross is self sacrifice. The top good people who are self sacrificers for others often die of their caring for others. The top good people may be said to have well-established souls, but let's be clear that souls are clear consciences, not ghosts.
We do see self-sacrificing actions and we don't have to look far afield to find them.

I hope you understand that a true god is not a big powerful supernatural Person but is a way of behaving.
At least someone gets it. :) God can neither be affirmed or denied without the implicitly assuming that he/she/it is a being alongside other beings.
osgart

Post by osgart »

the God word definitely has a moral code.
Reflex

Post by Reflex »

osgart wrote:the God word definitely has a moral code.
Are you sure about that? What if the "moral code" is just a very human idea-expression of how to live in concert with Reality?
osgart

Post by osgart »

it is that. but it is a moral code and many would love to see it rule.
osgart

Post by osgart »

I would want to be sure that it is true God that I am following and not some unfounded man made concept that is full of distortion and bias.
Reflex

Post by Reflex »

osgart wrote:I would want to be sure that it is true God that I am following and not some unfounded man made concept that is full of distortion and bias.
And what do you mean by "true God"?
osgart

Post by osgart »

a God that is benevolent and seeks the welfare of all souls .
Reflex

Post by Reflex »

osgart wrote:a God that is benevolent and seeks the welfare of all souls .
To affirm God is as atheistic as to deny God.
Last edited by Reflex on Mon May 01, 2017 5:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
osgart

Post by osgart »

not a butler . but a buckler who makes people into better people. definitely not a stooping god.

the standard is justice with charity
Reflex

Post by Reflex »

osgart wrote:not a butler . but a buckler who makes people into better people. definitely not a stooping god.

the standard is justice with charity
You want a caricature, not a God.
osgart

Post by osgart »

what's a True God to you?

if I wanted caricatures I'd read Mad magazine again.

eternal life is supposed to be joy and peace.god would create that and punish evil.
Reflex

Post by Reflex »

osgart wrote:what's a True God to you?

if I wanted caricatures I'd read Mad magazine again.

eternal life is supposed to be joy and peace.god would create that and punish evil.
Well, now I know where you got your concept of God.