Fishers of Men.

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

thedoc

Re: Fishers of Men.

Post by thedoc »

Dontaskme wrote:
thedoc wrote:
Dontaskme wrote: The wild geese do not intend to cast their reflection,
The water has no mind to receive their image.
Ah, you're a Zen Buddhist, that explains even more.
Nope, I'm not a Buddha ..if I was I'd have to kill him. For what I am cannot be seen or known by another.
I agree you are not a Buddha, and I also see that you do not understand Zen Buddhism.

Are you enlightened?
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

thedoc wrote:
Dontaskme wrote:
thedoc wrote:
Ah, you're a Zen Buddhist, that explains even more.
Nope, I'm not a Buddha ..if I was I'd have to kill him. For what I am cannot be seen or known by another.
I agree you are not a Buddha, and I also see that you do not understand Zen Buddhism.

Are you enlightened?
Who is enlightened?
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

thedoc wrote:
To understand Zen is understand that there is nothing to understand.

That's my belief and if you don't agree, then that's just your belief.

Neither of us know anything, we're just pretending to know. What is known is not known knowing. We are that already prior to thoughts about it.

What we could do is just go beyond belief all together and be the crystal clear clarity of this immediate moment prior to the chatter of the mind and to be in a place where all truths, not beliefs, will be silently revealed.
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

Dontaskme quoted the maxim:
What we could do is just go beyond belief all together and be the crystal clear clarity of this immediate moment prior to the chatter of the mind and to be in a place where all truths, not beliefs, will be silently revealed.
My intellect is part of this moment. My memories are part of this moment.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Belinda wrote:
intellect is this moment. memories are this moment.
Yes.

There is only Everything, not parts.. arising in this moment now which is boundlessly free without beginning nor end now here nowhere. Uncreated

It is the mind /mirror (same thing) that divides what is nondual into duality..thus creating the effect of other, but other is nothing other than the reflected image of the mirror...it is no thing appearing as something...created

The mind divides what cannot be divided, as a mirror aka mind is inseparable from it's imagined reflected image.

A wonderful illusion. We had no part in this we are this.

Divine to say the least.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Dontaskme wrote: Divine to say the least.
It would be more devine still if you said nothing at all.
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

Dontaskme wrote:
thedoc wrote:
Dontaskme wrote:

Are you enlightened?
Who is enlightened?
Everyone.

Years ago I read a lot of Zen Buddhism, and one of the things I read was that everyone was enlightened but most do not know it. So I decided that since I was already enlightened and just didn't know it, I would skip all the hard work and play with my grandchildren.
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

Harbal wrote:
Dontaskme wrote: Divine to say the least.
It would be more devine still if you said nothing at all.
If you don't like the program, quit bitching and change the channel.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

thedoc wrote: If you don't like the program, quit bitching and change the channel.
I'll remind you you said that the next time you're bothering me.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

thedoc wrote:
Dontaskme wrote:
thedoc wrote:

Are you enlightened?
Who is enlightened?
Everyone.

Years ago I read a lot of Zen Buddhism, and one of the things I read was that everyone was enlightened but most do not know it. So I decided that since I was already enlightened and just didn't know it, I would skip all the hard work and play with my grandchildren.

Excellent.

All is well.

This is what I wrote earlier...There's no feeling without awareness, but there can be awareness without feeling. Feelings come and go, awareness doesn't. praise be to god our loving eternal life giving awareness...for without it we would exist...but not know it

Glad we're in accordance ..happiness and harmony and all that jazz ..willy wonky ..:wink:
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

Harbal wrote:
thedoc wrote: If you don't like the program, quit bitching and change the channel.
But I'm not bothered by them, I find your posts amusing and I look at them just for fun. So I wasn't the one bitching.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

thedoc wrote:
Harbal wrote:
But I'm not bothered by them, I find your posts amusing and I look at them just for fun. So I wasn't the one bitching.
Well I suppose, in my case, it's not so much that I don't like the program, it's more that I do like bitching.
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

Harbal wrote:
thedoc wrote:
Harbal wrote: I'll remind you you said that the next time you're bothering me.
Well I suppose, in my case, it's not so much that I don't like the program, it's more that I do like bitching.
Well that is different, if it brings you pleasure, please carry on bitching, and I''ll try to ignore you.
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

Dotaskme wrote:
It is the mind /mirror (same thing) that divides what is nondual into duality..thus creating the effect of other, but other is nothing other than the reflected image of the mirror...it is no thing appearing as something...created

The mind divides what cannot be divided, as a mirror aka mind is inseparable from it's imagined reflected image.

A wonderful illusion. We had no part in this we are this.
I think what you mean is that this relative world is illusionary; and the whole ,the eternal, is true.
I think that both the relative world, and the eternal wholistic now are true. They are two aspects of the same.

For instance if you go to the shop to buy a loaf of bread you choose which you prefer among relative sizes, relative freshness, relative ingredients, and so on. It is true that loaves come in different varieties that are not all the same, and this is not an illusions. This relative world is not illusionary it's where we have to live. If we began constantly to feel that this relative world were illusionary we would die, or be taken into care, or live supported by others like a holy hermit.

However it is reasonable for a philosopher to think of the eternal now in the sense that 1. all events are in some sense ordered events. 2. all events are differentiated by minds and are not naturally separate events. The philosopher can say that differentiated events are mind-dependent. I agree that differentiated events are mind-dependent , and that the cosmos is in some sense ordered, although perhaps not causally ordered.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Belinda wrote:
I think what you mean is that this relative world is illusionary; and the whole ,the eternal, is true.
I think that both the relative world, and the eternal wholistic now are true. They are two aspects of the same.
No, what I mean is not what you think I mean, it's what I mean.
Belinda wrote:For instance if you go to the shop to buy a loaf of bread you choose which you prefer among relative sizes, relative freshness, relative ingredients, and so on. It is true that loaves come in different varieties that are not all the same, and this is not an illusions. This relative world is not illusionary it's where we have to live. If we began constantly to feel that this relative world were illusionary we would die, or be taken into care, or live supported by others like a holy hermit.
No man is an island, nevertheless Life is one unitary action, it is only and ever oneness playing the many...forget the word illusory if you can't deal with it, it's not the kind of word for the faint of heart anyway... :wink:
Belinda wrote:However it is reasonable for a philosopher to think of the eternal now in the sense that 1. all events are in some sense ordered events. 2. all events are differentiated by minds and are not naturally separate events. The philosopher can say that differentiated events are mind-dependent. I agree that differentiated events are mind-dependent , and that the cosmos is in some sense ordered, although perhaps not causally ordered.
What? :roll: