Immanuel Can knows God..he really does, and so can you.

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

attofishpi

Re: Immanuel Can knows God..he really does, and so can you.

Post by attofishpi »

Dontaskme wrote:This image reminds me of Harbal. Talk about ignorance is bliss, bliss is a win win really good all round kind of feeling really, there is no contradiction just the same one love dreaming variants where there are none.
When it comes to God, ignorance is bliss.

What makes you think IC knows God?
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Dontaskme: All is consciousness – or if you prefer, all is God
Immanuel Can wrote: If "all is god," then evil is too. There are no actual goods and evils, not even contingent or merely taste-based ones. As Hume so wisely pointed out, all of these are just "is"s.
No IC..God is love, love cannot be evil.

Nondual Consciousness is not an Ism. Is'm's arise in it.
Nondual Consciousness is an absolute. God is absolute totality. Everything is absolute totality expressing itself because it loves to do so. It is love, and that's what it does.

God as Nondual consciousness is a just and rational conscious mind. It already knows the difference between good and evil through innate knowledge of itself. It doesn't have to actually commit an evil act to know what evil is, that's the evil.. whereas the knowledge of evil is not evil, that's the difference, it's not that the knowledge of evil is problem, it's the experiential knowledge of evil that's the problem.

That's why God said to Adam and Eve, don't eat the fruit from the tree of knowledge, his desire was for his love to stay in the innocence of pure love and not be tempted to stray from the paradise of the garden... but the temptation was too great, they just had to find out for themselves, they wanted to own their own authority, just like petulant children do. They wanted to be independent, and so went against their Father Gods will by exercising their own conscious and rational mind, all with dire consequences.

But because God is good, God gave Adam and Eve the unconditional free will to exercise their conscious and rational mind as they desired...God gave to them what he already knew, and that was the gift of knowledge.

God did not tempt them into eating from the tree, it was purely offered on the basis of free will to choose, they didn't have to eat from it, but they did, no one was forcing them to eat the apple.

So God is not the evil one here. God is long suffering, God knew his children would want to experience their own conscious and rational mind and put it to the test by their own will at some point and in God's long suffering love for them he allowed them the free will.

God who is long suffering, is a suffering God..love is able to swallow up all the evil deeds of the world in one big gulp, it's that powerful and loving... and nothing can overcome this love, not even evil....Love does not commit evil acts, love does not delight in committing evil acts. The only commitment God made was to love you as and through the embodiment of Jesus Christ the conscious one..THE ONE WITH A CONSCIENCE

As the Tao so eloquently puts it ...''Nothing is done, yet nothing is left undone. ... The deed there is, but no doer thereof.''
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

attofishpi wrote:
What makes you think IC knows God?
I don't know how I know, but I just know IC knows God..but he doesn't want to share the relationship he has with God with me, he doesn't want to go there into the variants of describing what God is and what God means to him with me...so that's fine by me. It's a personal thing with him maybe, but with me, it's not so personal, it's something I know we all know, it's no big deal...maybe IC is scared to be wrong.Strange really, because no one can be wrong about God, one cannot be wrong about something so just and right. God is the truth always no matter how that truth is interpreted or by whom.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Dontaskme wrote:...no one can be wrong about God...
Scared? :lol:

Bored. You're boring me. The kind of statement you make above is why. You contradict yourself time and time again. And I just can't rouse myself to point out so many absurdities and contradictions as you can muster.

Just for one example, if, as you say, "nobody can be wrong," then nobody can be right either. And there's then nothing to discuss. No progress is possible.

But clearly you must believe progress in understanding IS possible, or you wouldn't bother talking at all. So you've self-defeated yet again. And I feel bored with the prospect of having to point it out so many times.

It's foolish to try to use logic to defeat the utility of logic. You're like a man sitting on a branch and sawing it off between himself and the tree -- so that if you succeed, you fail.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Dontaskme wrote:This image reminds me of Harbal. Talk about ignorance is bliss, bliss is a win win really good all round kind of feeling really, there is no contradiction just the same one love dreaming variants where there are none.

Although you can unplug from the matrix anytime you want but you can never unplug from the matrix maker.

Or, it's like that song from the eagles (hotel california) '' you can check out any time you want but you can never leave'' . :lol:
Hmm. That image is of an American electrical cord with a polarizing post, about to connect with a human brain. The cord sprouts from a blank wall. The face is vacuously happy, for no apparent reason as evidenced by the surgical scalping. This is disturbing.

IMO the continuity of Harbalism should not be discouraged although who knows what could possibly do that and moreover, energy to the discovery is purposeless. Harbalism has a sort knack if knot a genius perhaps twisted but not unkind, and the measure of this is the laughter, a sort of mirrored lightness that stops short of bitter cynicism and thus does not ration rancor where none can be other than as a dream. In short, you gotta thank what ends in laughter.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Immanuel Can wrote:
But clearly you must believe progress in understanding IS possible, or you wouldn't bother talking at all. So you've self-defeated yet again. And I feel bored with the prospect of having to point it out so many times.
God is always under construction a work in progress, what didn't you know that ? :lol:

Can infinity complete Can? ...can it huh?

I bore you because you've already got God all figured out and cannot be bothered to listen to any other interpretation of what you already know exactly and precisely ...so of course that's going to be boring for you..having to point out your knowing over and over again just because other peoples knowing is no match for yours... that must get rather tedious for you, poor thing. :shock:
Immanuel Can wrote:It's foolish to try to use logic to defeat the utility of logic. You're like a man sitting on a branch and sawing it off between himself and the tree -- so that if you succeed, you fail.
IC, why is it that knowers of God people like yourself can be so incredibly logic and intellectually sound...while other knowers of God like myself can be as thick as a brick logically and intellectually.... :roll: :roll: ..it's baffling, but probably, just one of the many little jokes God plays on his self... :lol:

Sawing the end of a stick doesn't make any difference to the stick ...it'll always be a stick no matter how much you saw off, you cannot change the nature of the stick
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Dontaskme wrote: you..having to point out your knowing over and over again
No, he doesn't have to, please don't tell him he has to.
why is it that knowers of God people like yourself can be so incredibly logic and intellectually sound...while other knowers of God like myself can be as thick as a brick logically and intellectually....
I think it's probably because of the amount of practice you put in.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Walker wrote:
IMO the continuity of Harbalism should not be discouraged although who knows what could possibly do that and moreover, energy to the discovery is purposeless. Harbalism has a sort knack if knot a genius perhaps twisted but not unkind, and the measure of this is the laughter, a sort of mirrored lightness that stops short of bitter cynicism and thus does not ration rancor where none can be other than as a dream. In short, you gotta thank what ends in laughter.
I'm laughing at your comment, seriously, you are spot on with Harbal.

I always look forward to reading Harbal's replies to me, they make me laugh so hard my belly aches. He's really the most comical and funniest poster on this forum... and I'm being genuinely honest about that.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Dontaskme wrote:
I always look forward to reading Harbal's replies to me, they make me laugh so hard my belly aches. He's really the most comical and funniest poster on this forum... and I'm being genuinely honest about that.
You bastard, Dontaskme, how am I supposed to carry on laying into you after you've said that?
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Harbal wrote: You bastard, Dontaskme, how am I supposed to carry on laying into you after you've said that?
Harbal....it doesn't matter what abuse you choose to hurl at me. I give you full permission. I'll take it all, makes no difference to me, It won't change anything, I will still go on loving myself and caring about myself and pampering myself with unconditional love, luxury and comfort. :lol: :lol:
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Dontaskme wrote:
Harbal wrote: You bastard, Dontaskme, how am I supposed to carry on laying into you after you've said that?
...I will still go on loving myself and caring about myself and pampering myself with unconditional love, luxury and comfort. :lol: :lol:
But, you're from Yorkshire? Where does one find luxury and comfort in Yorkshire? ....oooh i get it, from the abuse of a fellow Yorkshireman - ee by gum lass, thou's easy to please!
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

attofishpi wrote:
Dontaskme wrote:
...I will still go on loving myself and caring about myself and pampering myself with unconditional love, luxury and comfort. :lol: :lol:
But, you're from Yorkshire? Where does one find luxury and comfort in Yorkshire? ....oooh i get it, from the abuse of a fellow Yorkshireman - ee by gum lass, thou's easy to please!
It was Dontaskme who mentioned luxury and comfort, you dim witted pudding.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Harbal wrote:
attofishpi wrote:
Dontaskme wrote: ...I will still go on loving myself and caring about myself and pampering myself with unconditional love, luxury and comfort. :lol: :lol:
It was Dontaskme who mentioned luxury and comfort, you dim witted pudding.
I know u simple piece of old fluff - take that piece of straw out from your brain and have a look at Dontaskme's location...you're both from the same neck of the paddocks...ee by gum lad.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

attofishpi wrote:you're both from the same neck of the paddocks...ee by gum lad.
Yorkshire is quite big, I'd like to think he lives at the opposite end to me. You should come and visit, Fish Pie, we could dress you up as a sheep and give you a good ramming. You'd love it. :wink:
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Harbal wrote:
attofishpi wrote:you're both from the same neck of the paddocks...ee by gum lad.
Yorkshire is quite big, I'd like to think he lives at the opposite end to me. You should come and visit, Fish Pie, we could dress you up as a sheep and give you a good ramming. You'd love it. :wink:
Naaw, that does sound lovely, its a date (for my date)!