Good Friday

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Belinda

Re: Good Friday

Post by Belinda »

Dontaskme wrote:
What I mean by ''verb world'' is ..for example: You are not the doer..you are the doing.

Basically there is no one doing anything, there is only doing. There's not one separate single person doing something...in reality there is only ''Everything'' doing something ...which is nothing doing something....meaning there is only doing.

Does that make sense?
It makes sense to me but unless you use standard philosophical terms I cannot be sure that what I guess you mean is what you do mean.
I'll try to paraphrase. I guess that what you mean is deterministic and fatalistic. And as deterministic and fatalistic there is no Free Will, but only the causal necessity of nature.

Do you think that if everyone believed " Basically there is no one doing anything, there is only doing." there would be less suffering in the world?
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Belinda wrote:Dontaskme wrote:
What I mean by ''verb world'' is ..for example: You are not the doer..you are the doing.

Basically there is no one doing anything, there is only doing. There's not one separate single person doing something...in reality there is only ''Everything'' doing something ...which is nothing doing something....meaning there is only doing.

Does that make sense?
It makes sense to me but unless you use standard philosophical terms I cannot be sure that what I guess you mean is what you do mean.
I'll try to paraphrase. I guess that what you mean is deterministic and fatalistic. And as deterministic and fatalistic there is no Free Will, but only the causal necessity of nature.

Do you think that if everyone believed " Basically there is no one doing anything, there is only doing." there would be less suffering in the world?
Yes, that's the whole purpose of unconditional love taught by Jesus is to eliminate suffering from our lives. And to realise, remember,that no one ever suffered.

There is pain, which is intelligent itself as the perfect indicator that there is something wrong with the good. There's nothing bad about pain, but when identification with the pain is issued by a thought, it becomes ''my pain'' not ''your pain'' and that is the suffering.

Pain and suffering are not the same thing.

Notice the body does not suffer, the arm that is broken does not suffer the pain of a broken arm. Because an arm does not know it exists. Conscious knowing is awareness, awareness does not suffer either, only the mind suffers when it claims this is my pain. when in truth it's awarenesses pain only which does not suffer. Awareness knows that although pain comes and goes, it can never effect it.

There is the appearance of free will. But nature will always determine the outcome of any free will take, and will act responsibly as a guide toward the right, the just, and the good... it's an intelligent universal natural law.

Nature doesn't intend to act, an act is taken as free will demands, the action is unitary, any reaction is the suffering of identification with the action.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

thedoc wrote:
Dontaskme wrote: There's no one to believe anything.

Beliefs arise in nothing, to nothing, are nothing except the belief itself, which is totally empty.
You're a Metaphysical Nihilist, and that explains a lot.
Stop talking rubbish.

The SELF cannot possibly annihilate...It can't negate itself because there is only SELF.

LOOK TO WHERE the words point, and refrain from defacing the messenger.

The SELF cannot self destruct... that's just a mental fallacy, a fantasy...a temporal appearance in THE ABSOLUTE SELF
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=21992

What I should have said maybe.. is that emptiness/nothingness is also fullness/ everything in the same instantaneous moment NOW.

THE OPPOSITE IS ALSO TRUE.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Can you not see the irony in saying this:
Dontaskme wrote: Stop talking rubbish.
And then going on to say that:
The SELF cannot possibly annihilate...It can't negate itself because there is only SELF.

LOOK TO WHERE the words point, and refrain from defacing the messenger.

The SELF cannot self destruct... that's just a mental fallacy, a fantasy...a temporal appearance in THE ABSOLUTE SELF
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=21992

What I should have said maybe.. is that emptiness/nothingness is also fullness/ everything in the same instantaneous moment NOW.

THE OPPOSITE IS ALSO TRUE.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Harbal wrote:Can you not see the irony in saying this:
Yes, The irony is clear to me, no need to point out the irony of a tacit self that talks.

Probably why bumble bees don't talk. Because bees are never confused about themselves. They just be, i mean bee.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

No person ever made their conscious rational mind, it was already present before the person was conceived, if it hadn't been present, the conception of existence could never had been known.

The person is just a fictional character in the mind...that is believed to actually exist.

The mind makes the fictional character, but who made the mind?
Last edited by Dontaskme on Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Dontaskme wrote:Because bees are never confused about themselves.
You can't know that.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Harbal wrote:
Dontaskme wrote:Because bees are never confused about themselves.
You can't know that.

The mind makes the fictional character, but who made the mind?

A fictional character is born and dies, has a begin and end. So it can't be the maker, else reality would be all broken up into little pieces of bits and bobs of which wouldn't make sense...with no coherence whole picture, it'd be like a tv program that keeps breaking up.
Last edited by Dontaskme on Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Dontaskme wrote:No person ever made their conscious rational mind, it was already present before the person was conceived, if it hadn't been present, the conception of existence could never had been known.
Can you break this down and explain what it means and why it is true? Or is it just another outpouring of meaningless words?
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Harbal wrote:
Dontaskme wrote:No person ever made their conscious rational mind, it was already present before the person was conceived, if it hadn't been present, the conception of existence could never had been known.
Can you break this down and explain what it means and why it is true? Or is it just another outpouring of meaningless words?
Break it down for yourself you lazy fool. I'm assuming you've got a mind to do so haven't you?
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Dontaskme wrote: Break it down for yourself you lazy fool. I'm assuming you've got a mind to do so haven't you?
You can believe what you like but if you are going to bombard people with your beliefs you should be prepared to justify them. It is my contention that most of what you say is inconsistent, meaningless and full of contradictions. I do not think you are capable of explaining yourself in a coherent way, which is why you tend to get treated as a joke.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Harbal wrote:
Dontaskme wrote: Break it down for yourself you lazy fool. I'm assuming you've got a mind to do so haven't you?
You can believe what you like but if you are going to bombard people with your beliefs you should be prepared to justify them. It is my contention that most of what you say is inconsistent, meaningless and full of contradictions. I do not think you are capable of explaining yourself in a coherent way, which is why you tend to get treated as a joke.
Apparently he is above such mundane earthling trivialities as making sense.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Apparently he is above such mundane earthling trivialities as making sense.
But why go on about it at the lengths he does if he doesn't care that nobody knows what he's talking about? He seems to think his words will automatically mean something simply because he's said them, despite the fact that he's repeatedly been told there's more to it than that.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Harbal wrote:
You can believe what you like but if you are going to bombard people with your beliefs you should be prepared to justify them.
I believe that my beliefs are fair and just and truth. I'm simply discussing my beliefs with others, not saying that's what they SHOULD believe.

How can I justify my JUST belief onto another, if my JUST belief IS NOT their belief? ..I'm expressing a belief that's all. I'm not forcing anyone to believe my belief, I'm just showing what is my belief, it is up to those people to believe my belief or not,...if there's a resonance there, that's what goodness seeks, it seeks the love of itself only, because it loves spending time with itself, just like lovers do.

Most people do not understand the true meaning of the word LOVE...It's not something you get from someone else, it is what you already ARE. You give it to yourself, or you reject it, it's up to you, but one thing you cannot do, you can't ignore it. Love is the only truth.
If life was so cruel, evil or bad or awful, why not just kill yourself? ...why do you live on? ...we do everything because we like doing it. else we wouldn't do it. We naturally repel hate.
Harbal wrote: It is my contention that most of what you say is inconsistent, meaningless and full of contradictions. I do not think you are capable of explaining yourself in a coherent way, which is why you tend to get treated as a joke.
What others choose to believe about me, or how they choose to treat me, that I myself know not to be true, because I already know truth,although it is not I the person that knows the truth, I am truth, the person doesn't know, the person is known by truth, else I would be...S

So project your beliefs onto your projected other all you want...I have no belief in what I do not believe to be true, so your beliefs are frankly none of my business, simply because they are not mine.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Harbal wrote:
Harbal wrote: But why go on about it at the lengths he does if he doesn't care that nobody knows what he's talking about? He seems to think his words will automatically mean something simply because he's said them, despite the fact that he's repeatedly been told there's more to it than that.
No I don't think your beliefs at all... I'm simply singing my song, why do you gather around my song, if it's not to your taste?

Why do care what I'm saying, why do bother to react, respond, what are you trying to prove by reacting? are you trying to prove something, if there is nothing of any value here, then stop responding ..do you feel your belief is threatened by mine?....why not just piss off if you don't like it? You obviously seem to like hanging around my posts and reading them, what I don't understand is why would you do that, if it's not to your taste?

“Holding onto anger is like drinking poison and expecting the other person to die.”