Good Friday

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Dontaskme

Re: Good Friday

Post by Dontaskme »

Harbal wrote:
Dontaskme wrote:so I think I am qualified enough now to know what I'm talking about, when it comes to truth regarding the nature of being/self.
The problem is that no one else seems to be qualified enough to know what you're talking about.
That's because I'm self employed, I'm self taught, I taught myself everything I don't know, and that's why I and I alone had to put in all the hard work so that now I know what I didn't know.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Dontaskme wrote:
That's because I'm self employed,
It can't be easy working for a lunatic.
Dubious

Post by Dubious »

Dontaskme wrote:Is there anybody on this forum that doesn't think that their life is good?
The counter question is...how many would choose to be born if they knew in advance what life was going to be like. I'd guess there would be far fewer than 8 billion people on the planet...and real estate prices, in sequence, would also be much more affordable.

You don't need enlightenment to offset life's tribulations if you were never born and you sure don't need it after you're dead. Unfortunately we aren't granted the option for that kind of enlightenment prior to being born since chemistry will do what chemistry must do.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Dubious wrote:
Dontaskme wrote:Is there anybody on this forum that doesn't think that their life is good?
The counter question is...how many would choose to be born if they knew in advance what life was going to be like. I'd guess there would be far fewer than 8 billion people on the planet...and real estate prices, in sequence, would also be much more affordable.

You don't need enlightenment to offset life's tribulations if you were never born and you sure don't need it after you're dead. Unfortunately we aren't granted the option for that kind of enlightenment prior to being born since chemistry will do what chemistry must do.
That's the thing, no one is choosing or living life, it's totally living itself. What you think you are was never born therefore cannot die. That's what enlightenment is.

Choice is an appearance in the mind...a sense of being, the mind chimes into this sense of being and claims I am living life, I am choosing, I am doing etc... only the knowledge I exist as so and so is born not the eternal presence of pure awareness.

There is an awareness of self, but that self is nothing but free boundless infinite space in which the idea of separate me arises...so the whole idea of a separate self is an illusion...arising in pure innocent awareness.

No one told you you existed...except the knowledge which is illusory. We are creating our selves as imagined, and then we blame our self for what we've created.

If life for our imagined selves was so evil, full of confusion, pain and misery and suffering, then we would know to stop having children. Can we honestly love our children enough to not have them at all?

To be human is to be selfish to the core...
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

Dontaskme wrote:
What you think you are was never born therefore cannot die. That's what enlightenment is.
It's not specially enlightened to believe that "what you think you are" is separate from its body that is born and then dies. Plenty of unenlightened religious people and others who don't think much believe in separable souls.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Belinda wrote:Dontaskme wrote:
What you think you are was never born therefore cannot die. That's what enlightenment is.
It's not specially enlightened to believe that "what you think you are" is separate from its body that is born and then dies. Plenty of unenlightened religious people and others who don't think much believe in separable souls.
There's no one to believe anything.

Beliefs arise in nothing, to nothing, are nothing except the belief itself, which is totally empty.

The image of a person seen on a tv screen looks pretty much as if there is an actual person there existing. There is not, there is nothing behind the image there but pure empty space. The person is a mentally constructed idea.

The image of a person is seen only because there is empty space behind it...it's only space that sees itself...seeing is emptiness appearing as fullness.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Dontaskme wrote: There's no one to believe anything.
There's certainly no one to believe that.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Belinda wrote: Plenty of unenlightened religious people and others who don't think much believe in separable souls.

What is a separable soul?

Please explain?
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Dontaskme wrote: What is a separable soul?
It's a soul that's out of step with all the others yet insists it is they who are off beat.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Harbal wrote:
Dontaskme wrote: What is a separable soul?
It's a soul that's out of step with all the others yet insists it is they who are off beat.
Physically and psychologically, where do we begin and end ? Who is the ''other''?
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Dontaskme wrote: where do we begin and end ?
In what sense?
Who is the ''other''?
The other what?
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Harbal wrote:In what sense?
In the sense that there is an assumption that there is a believer that knows there are separable souls?

where is it?
Dontaskme wrote:Who is the ''other''?
Harbal wrote:The other what?
This other >

Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Dontaskme wrote:
In the sense that there is an assumption that there is a believer that knows there are separable souls?
where is it?
If you are going to ask questions then define them properly. Begin and end in relation to what?
This other >

It's a soul that's out of step with all the others yet insists it is they who are off beat
You should have said "who are the others", shouldn't you?
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Harbal wrote:
Dontaskme wrote:
where is it?
If you are going to ask questions then define them properly. Begin and end in relation to what?
This other >

It's a soul that's out of step with all the others yet insists it is they who are off beat
You should have said "who are the others", shouldn't you?
who are the others?

who is the other I am in relationship with?
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Dontaskme wrote:
who is the other I am in relationship with?
I didn't even know you were in a relationship, you said you were going it alone.

And there's no need to shout.