Good Friday

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Dontaskme

Re: Good Friday

Post by Dontaskme »

Harbal wrote:
Dontaskme wrote: No it's never you is it, though it take two to tango.
Well I started to make my way to the exit more than once but you kept calling me back for another dance.
Then better stay a wall flower my flower. No one is forcing you to dance with me.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Dontaskme wrote: Laugh if you want, Jesus always laughed at himself.
And what about you? Do you laugh at yourself or do you take yourself too seriously?
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Harbal wrote:
Dontaskme wrote: Laugh if you want, Jesus always laughed at himself.
And what about you? Do you laugh at yourself or do you take yourself too seriously?
I take myself very seriously in this play of life, even though I know it's only a play. If the actors and actresses during a stage play at a ''London Theatre'' didn't take their roles seriously no one would watch or laugh at them.They'd probably just throw tomatoes or walk out.
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

Harbal wrote:
Dontaskme wrote: No it's never you is it, though it take two to tango.
Well I started to make my way to the exit more than once but you kept calling me back for another dance.
just make sure you keep a few steps behind me else the total eclipse will extinguish you like a salamander in the sun.
I always think less is more when it comes to metaphors. If you try to put too many into one sentence they sometimes end up fighting and any meaning that may have been there tends to get badly injured. All the same, I don't relish the thought of suffering the fate of an extinguished salamander.
I thought a salamander lived in a fire, I'm not sure where the Sun comes in.