Good Friday

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Harbal

Re: Good Friday

Post by Harbal »

Dontaskme wrote:
no one single separate truth can exist apart from the whole truth, and is why we say I promise to tell the truth the whole truth and nothing but the truth when under oath for justice and freedom in a court of law.
Promising I'm going to tell the truth is no guarantee that I actually will.
The laws of the universe does not require faith...
Neither do they require to be called God.
Huh, then if it can change then an apple would never have been an apple would it? ..the apple would have been a lie.
A hundred years ago, a gay man would have been admired for his cheerful disposition, these days he would be admired for having a cute arse. Also, If I executed a plan I would be doing something entirely different from executing a man, but will that distinction be fully appreciated in a thousand years time?
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Dontaskme wrote: The truth of the Bible could not have been put into words if the truth had not been present in the first place.
If simply writing something down makes it true, why are you questioning anything I write down?
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Harbal wrote: Promising I'm going to tell the truth is no guarantee that I actually will.
That's because will is free to choose what's true and what isn't, the rational conscious mind is a gift, use it wisely or suffer the consequences. Remember, you didn't make yourself, so be good to the one that did...and put your trust in that one.

''The laws of the universe does not require faith...''
Harbal wrote:Neither do they require to be called God.
Oh boy you are hard work...what are you without your label Harbal? ..does it matter what we call the universe..as long as we all understand what it is?

''Huh, then if it can change then an apple would never have been an apple would it? ..the apple would have been a lie.''
Harbal wrote:A hundred years ago, a gay man would have been admired for his cheerful disposition, these days he would be admired for having a cute arse. Also, If I executed a plan I would be doing something entirely different from executing a man, but will that distinction be fully appreciated in a thousand years time?
Can the laws that make up a universe change?...only the appearances in it change or the perceptions of it change, but never the perceiver who makes the law.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Harbal wrote:
Dontaskme wrote: The truth of the Bible could not have been put into words if the truth had not been present in the first place.
If simply writing something down makes it true, why are you questioning anything I write down?
We're not questioning anything, we're simply showing each other our own truths.

If you didn't believe in what you were saying you wouldn't be saying them.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Dontaskme wrote: you didn't make yourself, so be good to the one that did...and put your trust in that one.
I'm here as a consequence of a very long chain of events, I don't know who I should thank for that.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Harbal wrote:
Dontaskme wrote: you didn't make yourself, so be good to the one that did...and put your trust in that one.
I'm here as a consequence of a very long chain of events, I don't know who I should thank for that.
You are infinities finite dream. So no one to thank but your imagined self.

Sorry, I'm back to meta level thinking... :wink:
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Dontaskme wrote: Sorry, I'm back to meta level thinking... :wink:
I'm afraid I can't accept your apology, I don't believe there's any excuse for that kind of thinking. I do, however, appreciate your brief visit to the mundane world in which most of us reside. :wink:
Walker

Post by Walker »

Dontaskme wrote:Religious rituals such as Easter / Christmas and all the other crazy human institutional rituals are total fabrications we willingly buy into by commonly agreeing that such belief structures are the only way to live life, and what constitutes reality for the human being.. as if such ideas actually existed for real.

Does anyone have a feeling or a sense there is something not quite right here, but go along with these human rituals anyway?

What about the new babies being born to the world, don't they get any say in the matter? how long are we going to put up with this ''Stepford Wife'' robotic ritualistic practice ?

Is this what it means to be human? surely we are more intelligent than this?
Does anyone have a feeling or a sense there is something not quite right here, but go along with these human rituals anyway?

Well, look at how everyone unquestioningly accepts the name of the day.

Good Friday.

What's so good about it.

Seems more like: Torture Friday. Or, Execution Friday.
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

Dontaskme wrote:''God who is all knowing awareness is the only knower there is.''
Belinda wrote:So it is said. However God does not exist.
God /Awareness exists. Separation from God does not exist. Not that the reflection can ever separate itself from the mirror, that's just impossible.

Waking up from the dream of separation and realising that we are always infinite meta consciousness before a human mind consciousness, our entire outlook on life changes to understand that this life is only a waking dream of infinite consciousness.
"Separation from God does not exist" says Dontaskme. Is a tree separate from God, or not?

Dontaskme wrote:
Yes, there are different ways of writing the word apple ..for example; apple written in Spanish probably won't mean anything to someone who doesn't understand or speak Spanish language. But when an apple is physically placed in front of their eyes, they will know exactly what apple means, that meaning can never change.
But some person cannot see the apple. Some other person says the apple is green not red. Some other person says the apple is sour not sweet. Some other person says the apple is for baking not eating raw.
Is God the sum total of all the people's ideas about apples ?
Greta

Post by Greta »

Walker wrote:Good Friday.

What's so good about it.

Heh, I've wondered the same thing ... but we saw all those Fridays off work, and behold, it was very good.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Belinda wrote:
"Separation from God does not exist" says Dontaskme.

Is a tree separate from God, or not?
It's basically all down to the way one defines the concept God.

Can the known concept ''tree'' be separate from the knower ?

Can you think of anything known that is not a concept?

Who knows? ..all I've got is an imagination and also a brain capacity for rational conscience thinking...but I have no idea how or where or why that is.

I have no knowledge of the origin of myself...I've only got the signpost aka a conceptual reference point that cannot point to itself without becoming a concept... so it's concepts all the way down really.

And that's the mystery I like to call God..that's my perception of what God is.

God is not a concept I can know, yet appears as all concepts known.

Strange but true.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Walker wrote:

Good Friday.

What's so good about it.

Indeed, we tend not to question what we have been conditioned to believe. In that sense we are like a robot being programmed, even though the brain doesn't have a clue what day it is, the brains 'knowing' acts like a subroutine similar to that of a virtual computer video game. The imaged effects are seen but the informational waves of intelligence cannot be seen.

But then, some of us do start to question our conditioned beliefs about what's real and what isn't..thanks to films like the Matrix and Inception to name but a few... and then once that ball starts rolling...all hell breaks loose much to Pandora's relief... :wink:
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Walker wrote:

Good Friday.

What's so good about it.

I find it bizarre that one would choose to wear a symbol of torture around our neck reminding us of a poor human being that died. I mean that to me is sick...it's like what if Jesus was killed another way like being knifed to death with a machete, would that mean wearing a pendant in the shape of a machete around your neck? :?
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Belinda wrote:
But some person cannot see the apple. Some other person says the apple is green not red. Some other person says the apple is sour not sweet. Some other person says the apple is for baking not eating raw.
Is God the sum total of all the people's ideas about apples ?
In a sense yes.

I guess what I'm trying to say here is the knower of the concept apple does not change... an apple known will always be an apple.An apple can never be an orange for instance. The concept doesn't change. So the known apple is also it's meaning in the same moment as the knower is inseparable from the known ..this knowing is one with the knowing which never changes.

The description of an apple may vary, ie: the intangible thoughts, textures, feelings, images, colours,odours and flavours that make up the experience of the apple experience.. but the actual object apple is always and ever an apple known by a knowing that doesn't change.

I hope that makes sense, but I'm not even sure I know how to explain this..sorry I feel like I'm tying myself up into some pretty tight knots here.. :oops:
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Harbal wrote: I'm afraid I can't accept your apology, I don't believe there's any excuse for that kind of thinking. I do, however, appreciate your brief visit to the mundane world in which most of us reside. :wink:
What the killing of Jesus on the cross symbolised was that in order to live in the real world, you had to die to your ego. The death of the ego is not the end of you, it's the start of living the real you.

Jesus showed that death was an illusion by coming back to life. Meaning, there is no death, there is only life living itself. It's only the ego that thinks it will die, but Jesus proved by his faith and fearless example in that innocent sacrifice .. that the ego had nothing to fear...because what you really are in the real world cannot die.

It's such a long story and is why to fully understand yourself, one must study the self through Nondual literature or Biblical scripture which Jesus referred to on many levels during his teaching sessions.

Geez, I'm beginning to sound like a preacher I know..but lets not attach too much stigma to that idea...I think it's more accurate to say we are just walking each other home, because we all feel safe at home, home is where the true heart lies.