My name is God

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Dontaskme

My name is God

Post by Dontaskme »

Who gave you the authority to call yourself the name you do? .. when you already were/ are .. prior to the invention of yourself.

Is it okay to invent yourself, but then piss and moan at the God word? ...Don't you know that the you that you were/ are ...prior to your superimposed invention...already existed.

Why don't you try making the whole of existence from scratch? ... has that awe inspiring unmanned miracle escaped your notice...yet you petition God as if there is some kind of error with existence as it is? what more could you possibly want?

Perhaps it is time to stop instigating and perpetuating these archaic ideas about what God is. If we can understand the truth, so can others. Spreading the good word, not adding confusion or bitter sarcasm to already long held mistaken beliefs, might be closer to the Living Tao, The Way.

Don't you understand that Reality is so close .. I the one I have chosen to call myself ..has no room to make it's approach.

The very life force of you and me is already here, we are an entire universe completely and harmoniously, orchestrating perfectly the sub-atomic quantum energy all functioning to perfection.

The quantum field which is the unseen light of God is the birth place of this manifest reality. Everything is God's Beingness. God is completely inexplicable, but we can see that It Is Here because we are, universe is, Consciousness Itself... permeating every photon and particle of our physical being. Even science now tells us that nothing acts independent from the Conscious domain of Information and Light.
Philosophy Explorer

Re: My name is God

Post by Philosophy Explorer »

My name is Nobody.

PhilX
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Dontaskme wrote: we are an entire universe completely and harmoniously, orchestrating perfectly the sub-atomic quantum energy all functioning to perfection.
So you think you're functioning to perfection, do you?
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Harbal wrote: So you think you're functioning to perfection, do you?

Ernest Hemingway said to think of yourself: “As an apprentice in a craft where you could never become a master.”
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Philosophy Explorer wrote:My name is Nobody.

PhilX
When the subject (nobody)is left without an object of experience, (somebody)
having transcended the subtlest state of the object. S/he steps out of the process of experiencing and arrives as the state of Being beyond all seeing, hearing, touching smelling and tasting beyond all thinking and beyond all feeling. This state of unmanifested, absolute, naked, unmade, unbegun pure consciousness.

Why else would we have showed up - but to realise we cannot show up to our own show.
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

Harbal wrote:
Dontaskme wrote: we are an entire universe completely and harmoniously, orchestrating perfectly the sub-atomic quantum energy all functioning to perfection.
So you think you're functioning to perfection, do you?
Candide.
"It is demonstrable that things cannot be otherwise than as they are; for as all things have been created for some end, they must necessarily be created for the best end.”

Given our past, entropy and the anthropic principle, we are living in the best of all possible worlds and are the best we can possibly be. This is irrefutable.

I have been calling that process evolving perfection.

Regards
DL