God has never been seen.

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Dontaskme

God has never been seen.

Post by Dontaskme »

No ''thing'' has ever been seen.

And if God is not a ''thing''...then that too ...that ''thing'' that is not a ''thing'' can't ever be seen either.

I think that just about tells you everything you need to know about that subject.

Any questions or concerns?
Philosophy Explorer

Re: God has never been seen.

Post by Philosophy Explorer »

Dontaskme wrote:No ''thing'' has ever been seen.

And if God is not a ''thing''...then that too ...that ''thing'' that is not a ''thing'' can't ever be seen either.

I think that just about tells you everything you need to know about that subject.

Adam saw Him and Moses saw the back of Him.

Referring to Him as a thing is your definition, not supported by common usage.

PhilX
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Philosophy Explorer wrote:
That's too vague, could you be more specific?

Please describe what Adam and Moses saw ?
Philosophy Explorer wrote:Referring to Him as a thing is your definition, not supported by common usage.
To infer an idea is to conceive it, making it a ''thing'' known.
Philosophy Explorer

Dontaskme wrote:
That's too vague, could you be more specific?

Please describe what Adam and Moses saw ?
Philosophy Explorer wrote:Referring to Him as a thing is your definition, not supported by common usage.
To infer an idea is to conceive it, making it a ''thing'' known.
Too vague? Either read your Bible or do a Google search.

Inferring is indirect and too vague so you really haven't stated anything. So far it's just known only to you.

PhilX
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

There has been an assumption made that Adam and Moses saw God...and yet when asked what they saw you haven't got an answer, so did you just assume they saw God? ...and how is what's written in a story book going to show what God looks like? please explain that?
Philosophy Explorer wrote:Inferring is indirect and too vague so you really haven't stated anything. So far it's just known only to you.
Things are known, yes, but what I'm saying is ...can what's known see the knower of what's known?
Philosophy Explorer

Dontaskme wrote:
There has been an assumption made that Adam and Moses saw God...and yet when asked what they saw you haven't got an answer, so did you just assume they saw God? ...and how is what's written in a story book going to show what God looks like? please explain that?
Philosophy Explorer wrote:Inferring is indirect and too vague so you really haven't stated anything. So far it's just known only to you.
Things are known, yes, but what I'm saying is ...can what's known see the knower of what's known?
What is your idea of God based on?

Can you speak in a more straightforward manner?

PhilX
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

What is your idea of God based on?

Can you speak in a more straightforward manner?
There's speculation that God exists as being the creator of everything existing.

And are you willing to answer my query about what Adam and Moses saw? What did God look like according to Adam and Moses, that you have also verified?
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Dontaskme wrote:No ''thing'' has ever been seen.

More on this subject....

No ''thing'' has ever been seen because ''seeing'' is not a thing. Any thing seen is a projection of unseen seeing. It's an impression of no ''thing''
Impressions are projections of that which is seeing them, both the seer and seen are empty of ownership. To prove this try looking at a photo of your face - then see if you can look at the one who is looking?
Seeing this is who you really are. You are not what you are looking at, you are the looking that can never be looked at.

bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

Philosophy Explorer wrote:Adam saw Him and Moses saw the back of Him.
My nomination for Naiveté of the Year award.
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

Have you ever seen Love, trust, friendship, if so please tell me what it looked like?
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

thedoc wrote:Have you ever seen Love, trust, friendship, if so please tell me what it looked like?
No concept or belief has ever been seen, concepts are known ideas/thoughts.

There is only seeing. There is only knowing. The known and seen are not separate from what's seeing knowing. Seeing is identified (known)by a thought. A thought, however, is invisible and the invisible cannot be seen. Therefore, the seen that exists and is identified by a thought has to be illusory and cannot be real. This implies that the seen is ONLY the seeing of the seer, and neither this or that. This is the meaning of the statement that the seer, seeing and the seen is one, meaning light, and that what is seen is illusory and not real.

Thoughts appear as letters, words and images in the mind, but are illusions of light. The mind is a computer of life that works on sunlight, just as computer works solely on electricity and electricity is light. Also every atom of everything that exists is light.

There's no special deity orchestrating this sound and light show, the whole caboodle is as empty as the inside of a balloon.

But what ever you choose to believe, it'll only be a belief at the end of a day.

You cannot know yourself as an object, you are the empty awareness of the object, the object being an image of the imageless you.