If God is so merciful, then why did Jesus have to be sacrificed?

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Dontaskme

Re: If God is so merciful, then why did Jesus have to be sacrificed?

Post by Dontaskme »

Belinda wrote:

If there is a real god then it must be as you say, it cannot be spoken about . We can't attribute anything to it, as it is incomprehensible.

There are at least two issues from the god that cannot be spoken about.

One of those is that, if god cannot be spoken about nobody can claim to know what god wants, plans, or commands.
Words are pointers only ..but are not a substitute for real tacit innate experiential knowing. I can hold up a signpost, but it is you and you alone who has to make the journey to where it points...the destination is not the actual signpost...I can tell you in as many words as possible until I am blue in the face what is is like to be in love, the words will not be it. Until you have experienced love for yourself, you will not understand what it is, no word can describe God, and yet, every word describes it. We already are the attributes of God's character ..where else could they be coming from?
Belinda wrote: The second issue from the god that cannot be spoken about is that it is incomprehensible so there is no point in worshipping it or surrendering to it.
That is like saying .. consciousness is trying to comprehend itself by using the contents of it's own consciousness. There are not two I's here..there is only one I aka God looking at itself..in relationship with itself...the contents of consciousness is inseparable from consciousness.

You can only serve one master...not two.

There is no one to deny the obviousness of who the real master is. The real master is the GoOD one...serve good and see what happens, go against the will of good and see what happens?

And that's what happens...it's all a happening, served directly to you on a plate of your serving...it's all allowing...all free unconditional love.

Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Vendetta wrote:
Dontaskme wrote:
Vendetta wrote:The key here is that you cannot force people to believe your point :D
It's the smug way he uses the :shock: emoji that I find irritating.
I find it rather enjoyable. Why shouldn't one be smug if they're right?
Yeah, I guess that is natural. So nothing wrong with being smug.

What I don't agree with is him telling someone that their views bore him to death.
That's a mean spirited person, so I have the right to dislike that kind of smugness.

A genuine teacher would never say that to his listeners.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Belinda wrote:DontAskMe wrote:
The Real God is Tacit, a God that cannot be spoken about
If there is a real god then it must be as you say, it cannot be spoken about . We can't attribute anything to it, as it is incomprehensible.

One of those is that, if god cannot be spoken about nobody can claim to know what god wants, plans, or commands.

The second issue from the god that cannot be spoken about is that it is incomprehensible so there is no point in worshipping it or surrendering to it.

Can awareness be spoken about?

Can that which is aware of speaking speak?

http://fromsouthtosouth.com/wp-content/ ... isdom4.jpg
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Belinda wrote:DontAskMe wrote:
The Real God is Tacit, a God that cannot be spoken about

The second issue from the god that cannot be spoken about is that it is incomprehensible so there is no point in worshipping it or surrendering to it.
Why we cannot serve two masters...

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/73 ... 48a3a0.jpg