Theology.

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

thedoc

Re: Theology.

Post by thedoc »

attofishpi wrote:
thedoc wrote:It is my understanding that mankind has already done the second in the fall and the expulsion from Eden, so there would be no reason to avoid additional knowledge.
Without trying to sound condescending - i don't think the average buy bull basher actually understands the metaphor. (and i know you see through a lot of the bull of the bible!!)

The Tree of Knowledge - is the mind expansion (or else) of drugs - hence the picture - the chemistree.
OK, now I see what you mean. I don't do drugs but I am in favor of learning in the conventional manner.

FYI I see the OT as mythology, in that it tells a truth in the story, even if the story never happened as written or interpreted by literalists.
SpheresOfBalance

Post by SpheresOfBalance »

thedoc wrote:What is your focus of your Theology, what do you think is most important in your religion?
I don't necessarily have one, but as an agnostic, I do entertain the possibility; just as I entertain the possibility, that none is required, instead a fundamental social axiom, such that we may all live and let live.
SpheresOfBalance

Post by SpheresOfBalance »

attofishpi wrote:
thedoc wrote:What is your focus of your Theology, what do you think is most important in your religion?
Trying not to piss God off.

Not eating of the Tree of Know_Ledge.

Nice picture! You get one blue star! :lol:
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

thedoc wrote:It is my understanding that mankind has already done the second in the fall and the expulsion from Eden, so there would be no reason to avoid additional knowledge.
It is mine that we were expelled so we wouldn't eat of the Tree of Life.
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

Arising_uk wrote:
May you be happy with whatever mythology you choose to believe.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Arising_uk wrote:
As far as i am aware - you are an agnostic atheist...and that you have read the bible. What is your overall opinion of it, are we dealing with a bunch of scripture written by some that got their kicks out of psilocybin? Or are we dealing with a group of sages -or indeed the divine - that want to keep us guessing over a bunch of metaphors? OR - what is you opinion?
Noax

Post by Noax »

thedoc wrote:It's just that the person without a faith in God does not have the written reference of the rules of behavior,
No, I think they learned to write them down as well. They just don't forge a signature at the top of the document.

My point was that I thought deism was a stance of noninterference. No authentic documents, prophets, burning bushes, etc. but there can still be souls and morality by which to judge them. I read through some of the links and apparently there are those that apply the label to views that do have such interference, so the distinction becomes lost to me then.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Christology. No question.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Atheistology. There's always something new to learn, one is constantly finding new religions not to believe in.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

attofishpi wrote:As far as i am aware - you are an agnostic atheist...and that you have read the bible. What is your overall opinion of it, are we dealing with a bunch of scripture written by some that got their kicks out of psilocybin? Or are we dealing with a group of sages -or indeed the divine - that want to keep us guessing over a bunch of metaphors? OR - what is you opinion?
I think it a rehash of the Jewish Bible with an add-on of a Church selected set of semi-historical political tracts with the nice touch of a 'divine' copyright tacked on the end. I also think it has many useful sayings in it that allow to to fit pretty much most situations but do I think it the word of a 'God'? No.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Arising_uk wrote:
attofishpi wrote:As far as i am aware - you are an agnostic atheist...and that you have read the bible. What is your overall opinion of it, are we dealing with a bunch of scripture written by some that got their kicks out of psilocybin? Or are we dealing with a group of sages -or indeed the divine - that want to keep us guessing over a bunch of metaphors? OR - what is you opinion?
I think it a rehash of the Jewish Bible with an add-on of a Church selected set of semi-historical political tracts with the nice touch of a 'divine' copyright tacked on the end. I also think it has many useful sayings in it that allow to to fit pretty much most situations but do I think it the word of a 'God'? No.
Thanks. Sorry i called you a boob the other morning. :D
HexHammer

Post by HexHammer »

Book of Revelation!
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

HexHammer wrote:
Book of Revelation!
Why don't you and BoobEvenson put your heads together and explain what that psilocybin induced book is all about?
HexHammer

Post by HexHammer »

attofishpi wrote:
HexHammer wrote:
Book of Revelation!
Why don't you and BoobEvenson put your heads together and explain what that psilocybin induced book is all about?
It's about the end times, how turmoils will wreak havoc upon the Earth, that Jesus will return and deal with the problems and usher in a golden age.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

HexHammer wrote:
attofishpi wrote:
HexHammer wrote:Book of Revelation!
It's about the end times, how turmoils will wreak havoc upon the Earth, that Jesus will return and deal with the problems and usher in a golden age.
Like wot he did once he kicked the shit out of the dinosaurs?