Theology.

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

thedoc

Theology.

Post by thedoc »

What is your focus of your Theology, what do you think is most important in your religion?
Harbal

Re: Theology.

Post by Harbal »

thedoc wrote:What is your focus of your Theology, what do you think is most important in your religion?
I don't have a theology but I do like churches. Churches are interesting but one should never make the mistake of going insde.
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

Theology is a fantasy like astrology.
Thus I have no religion
Necromancer

Post by Necromancer »

Speaking from my position of Deism, I can say that I emphasize Heaven, God, 10 Commandments, Golden Rule, The Purgatory, Hell, Jesus as messenger of the word of God, speaking the Bible, "being" the Bible.

To crucify Jesus is the 2nd fall from Eden, his resurrection a miracle of God.

Some other, but not much.

Necro-
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

thedoc wrote:What is your focus of your Theology, what do you think is most important in your religion?
Religion is natures natural intelligence seeking refuge from the belief in the false idea there is something separate from you and you have to find it in order to feel whole. When all along there never was anything other than this one intelligence being here right now that's already perfect and whole. And that what was apparently looked for in religion was always and ever right here / being ... looking only at itself.

Therefore, Religion is natures natural intelligence, it is only and ever SELF talking to SELF aka NO SELF appearing and being ALL SELVES

Religion is just a bunch of invisible ideas swirling around within another idea, namely, YOU. And just as the idea cannot be located, neither can you because you are the eternal witness aka the space in which all ideas appear...but you are not the idea, because an idea is invisible. Therefore, you never happened, you are always and ever this immediate ''what's happening'' as every idea known, in eternal flux without beginning nor end.

How is the ''Witness /Seer Known as an idea? ... via the SEEN, aka (other) aka (reflection)...( seer and seen are inseparable one)...unknowable, until the moment of ''realisation'' appearance of ''reflection''.....AND at that moment it is ONLY and ever the eternal witness that becomes aware of itself as and through it's idea ..aka an objective reflection of it's own desire...and in that same moment a self realisation happens....prior to which Seeing has NO IMAGE of itself to project....

Seer sees it's own reflection, and becomes conscious of self/aka other ..occurring within it's one same self as itself only....at that instantaneous moment because there are no other moment than now...a false illusory split separation arises.. this split is unnatural, it's a blatant lie... which triggers an energetic seeking back to truth and wholeness.

Religion is a means of relieving the uncomfortable sensation of feeling separate, it's an internal introspection as to the why there is an apparent contraction of ''I'' and ''other'' in the first place...and in it's natural intelligence... there is a seeking for equilibrium, it's natural state, aka there is a return to source or eternal home..... paradoxically the seeker had never left itself, except in the dream of separation aka the contractive story of I and other.

But, I aka the eternal witness always is and can never leave or disappear, there is nowhere to go...in other words you can never leave you because there is only you and your reflection, aka ''other'' here now nowhere. Reflections leave, they come and go rising and falling from within their own emptiness and silence.

Some apparent individual consciousnesses stay in their story of self and other for their whole life never questioning it's source..., while others seek eternal refuge and rest in the empty space that gave them birth...they only dip their toes in the story of other when it is necessary to communicate or interact with them-self... as and through the mirror of other.

This was just my unique esoteric thought on the subject of theology...aka the study of self and the source of the belief in that self.

bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

Harbal wrote:Churches are interesting but one should never make the mistake of going insde.
I was divinely inspired and guided to attend a church sermon in Cincinnati entitled "That Infamous Logo," and it was definitely not a mistake.
Noax

Post by Noax »

Necromancer wrote:Speaking from my position of Deism, I can say that I emphasize Heaven, ... 10 Commandments, Golden Rule...
Isn't the lack of 10 commandments (and the other stuff) the whole idea behind Deism? God creates, but does not meddle.
Necromancer

Post by Necromancer »

Noax wrote:Isn't the lack of 10 commandments (and the other stuff) the whole idea behind Deism? God creates, but does not meddle.
Deism as I understand it, is the focus on a wholesome thinking of God. This entails that morals/ethics has an effect in the World as much as gravity, ie., you start to lose faith, you become greedy and reckless, you start worshipping or adore ruthlessness, pick up absurd sexuality and such... Your mind starts to twitch in naughty ways and thus you end up in Hell, ultimately being fixated on disease.

Thus, whereas gravity pulls the skydiver to the ground, the sins pull the sinner to Hell (unless correction is undertaken "fast" and deeply enough)!

There may not be much difference between Deism and Theism in terms of Ethical life, IMO.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deism and for my case when all "whitelist" (ie., not Satanism etc.) religions are equally good, Christian Deism: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_deism.

Ok? :)
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

Necromancer wrote:
Noax wrote:Isn't the lack of 10 commandments (and the other stuff) the whole idea behind Deism? God creates, but does not meddle.
Deism as I understand it, is the focus on a wholesome thinking of God. This entails that morals/ethics has an effect in the World as much as gravity, ie., you start to lose faith, you become greedy and reckless, you start worshipping or adore ruthlessness, pick up absurd sexuality and such... Your mind starts to twitch in naughty ways and thus you end up in Hell, ultimately being fixated on disease.

Thus, whereas gravity pulls the skydiver to the ground, the sins pull the sinner to Hell (unless correction is undertaken "fast" and deeply enough)!

There may not be much difference between Deism and Theism in terms of Ethical life, IMO.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deism and for my case when all "whitelist" (ie., not Satanism etc.) religions are equally good, Christian Deism: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_deism.

Ok? :)
This is a common misconception that losing faith will result in a decent into depravity, but it is simply not so. There is just as much chance for a deistic or theistic person to commit acts of depravity as there is for someone who does not have faith in God. It's just that the person without a faith in God does not have the written reference of the rules of behavior, they just act in a good manner because it is a good thing to do. There is no reason to expect that a person without a belief in God will act badly.
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

Necromancer wrote:.
If a non-believer commits no other sin than non-believing, do they go to Hell?
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Trying not to piss God off.

Not eating of the Tree of Know_Ledge.

attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

thedoc wrote:
Necromancer wrote:.
If a non-believer commits no other sin than non-believing, do they go to Hell?
Not believing is not a sin.
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

thedoc wrote: This is a common misconception that losing faith will result in a decent into depravity, but it is simply not so. There is just as much chance for a deistic or theistic person to commit acts of depravity as there is for someone who does not have faith in God. It's just that the person without a faith in God does not have the written reference of the rules of behavior, they just act in a good manner because it is a good thing to do. There is no reason to expect that a person without a belief in God will act badly.
I should correct this, an Atheist has just as much access to scripture as any Theist, they only deny the existence of God, not the benefit of scripture.
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

attofishpi wrote:
Trying not to piss God off.

Not eating of the Tree of Know_Ledge.
The first is a good thing to strive for.

It is my understanding that mankind has already done the second in the fall and the expulsion from Eden, so there would be no reason to avoid additional knowledge.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

thedoc wrote:It is my understanding that mankind has already done the second in the fall and the expulsion from Eden, so there would be no reason to avoid additional knowledge.
Without trying to sound condescending - i don't think the average buy bull basher actually understands the metaphor. (and i know you see through a lot of the bull of the bible!!)

The Tree of Knowledge - is the mind expansion (or else) of drugs - hence the picture - the chemistree.