Since God is omnipresent, why congregate to pray?

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Arising_uk

Re: Since God is omnipresent, why congregate to pray?

Post by Arising_uk »

What has that got to do with the price of beans?

Although I think arming and funding jihadists gave Assad more than enough of an idea of what America's message was.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Living in the past, like Assad.
Failing to consider the reality of conditions, like Assad.

- If you remember the past with any accuracy, when Obama started talking about calculus, Assad gassed a bunch of civilians.

- Now with a new POTUS, Assad gasses civilians.

Do you detect a repetitive causality, or must you find someone to tell you what this means, this new price of beans?

Well whatta ya know. Trump is having talks with president of China, today. (If memory serves me, and I may be wrong so feel free to verify, POTUS is hosting. Since President Trump surrounds himself with beauty, China pres. is likely in for a pleasant visit.)

The fat kid in North Korea is making noises.

What does this mean?

Can someone please tell me what this means?
After all, I'm from the planet earth.

What's that guy with the funny hair up to now?

New red line?
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Walker wrote:...
Can someone please tell me what this means? ...
It means you should be starting a thread on this as it's got bugger all to do with the OP.
Walker

Post by Walker »

True enough. The essence is energy, religion creates blindspots in some.
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

Walker wrote:Religion creates blindspots in some.
No, as our most dangerous institution, religion creates blindspots in everyone.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Because of the similar spellings, could be the meanings and their implications meld, which can be confusing for those who see life as another form of principles.

Legion:
Middle English: via Old French from Latin legion-, from legere ‘choose, levy.’ The adjective dates from the late 17th cent., in early use often in the phrase my, their, etc., name is legion, i.e., ‘we, they, etc., are many’ (Mark 5:9).

Re-ligion:
Middle English (originally in the sense ‘life under monastic vows’): from Old French, or from Latin religio(n-) ‘obligation, bond, reverence,’ perhaps based on Latin religare ‘to bind.’
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

God is omnipresent? Who the hell ever came up with that line? And what the hell does it even mean?
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

It means 'He's' watching you bob.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

bobevenson wrote:God is omnipresent? Who the hell ever came up with that line? And what the hell does it even mean?
Bob, what is the one thing that is present everywhere at the same time?

The answer is space and it's content.

Without space, where could I aka the 'mind' possibly place itself?

NO space can stand apart from it's content, no content can stand apart from space, therefore, the 'mind' has no entrance or exit point to make an approach, therefore, the 'mind' is no different than the space in which it appears, the 'mind' has no specific substantiality.

So it does appear that life is likened to a world made-up of pure dreamscape - that which is responsible for illuminating dream images during unconscious sleep is the same one illuminating the awake state.

When 'mind' knows it is both space and content inseparably one; it's game over for the dream of separate I.. leaving reality as it actually is ...what ever that is, for what am I without the projection screen of 'mind' ?
ForCruxSake

Post by ForCruxSake »

WendyDarling wrote:FCS wrote
You don't know me, so professing to understand me, and to know my actions and history better than I do, without even questioning me, makes me understand you to be a bullying, sanctimonious 'know-nothing', who makes me want to turn away from whatever it is you are spiritually quaffing, rather than express a healthy interest.
I was actually being a bit playful in going by what you had written, but you are right, I'm not familiar with your sensitive nature regarding anything, especially religion and religion is a touchy subject. That's why I was agreeing with your fascination.

You said that you were no longer a believer for your prayers weren't answered. Am I wrong?

Weren't you a believer by proxy, your parents' lifestyle was your lifestyle? Their belief cannot be your own, you do understand that, yes?

I don't have a problem with you being an atheist and liking to congregate and sing, I wrote as much. Pray to your own godliness, feel better if that's what works for you.

Why are you so up at arms then blowing up like a gigantic balloon? Geez. :roll:
I'm so sorry I never saw this post. I was being harangued and trolled by two users here, one of whom takes what I say and then tells me I am saying,or suggesting, something else. I then have to repeat ad infinitum that she is wrong. I didn't quite understand back then that I might have been being targeted somewhat, by her and the other user, out to discredit me, as it was the start of what turned out to escalate. So apologies if I lost my patience with you, who I perceived to be doing the same thing.

I didn't stop believing because my prayers weren't answered. I found prayer meditative, but essentially pointless. I took control of my life and realised I may as well do self affirmations instead of prayer... I don't do those either, but it just illustrates what prayer was meaning to me. I still recite certain prayers, funnily enough. They are not in English... but I do it the way some might hum or sing to themselves. It harks back to childlike feelings of comfort and familiarity, perhaps in an environment and world that changes day to day for me.

I was initially a believer by proxy, as a child, but as I approached my teen years started to feel my own connection, with God, which was then questioned, until God gradually faded out of existence, and I grew in confidence.

Hope this post answers your questions and, again, apologies for the earlier angst.