Was Jesus Christ transgender?

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

thedoc

Re: Was Jesus Christ transgender?

Post by thedoc »

Harbal wrote:
Hobbes' Choice wrote: ich bin ein hamberger
It's time to stop milking now, Hobbes, there are no prizes for reaching new heights of tediousness.
Which you have done most tediously.
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

attofishpi wrote:
Philosophy Explorer wrote:... and no one has verified JC ever existed in history. Maybe someone will turn up more documents about JC.
Jesus
Virtually all modern scholars of antiquity agree that Jesus existed historically,[g]

No they do not.

Pontius Pilate
The only physical, archaeological evidence that confirms the existence of Pilate is the Latin inscription found on a limestone block relating Pilate's tribute to Tiberius.]

This just means that the people making up all the shit about a bloke from Nazareth who had some sense nailed into him, knew who the governor was of Judea. Says nothing about Jesus.
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

thedoc wrote:
Harbal wrote:
It's time to stop milking now, Hobbes, there are no prizes for reaching new heights of tediousness.
Which you have done most tediously.
Harbal is the queen of milking something to death.
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

thedoc wrote:
Is that with cheese pickles and onions?
Actually its more like a doughnought.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Berliner_(doughnut)

When Kennedy thought he said "I am a Berliner", he actually said "I'm a donut"
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

attofishpi wrote:
Hobbes' Choice wrote:
attofishpi wrote:
Jesus
Virtually all modern scholars of antiquity agree that Jesus existed historically,[g]
No they do not.
Yes they do.
Virtually all modern scholars of antiquity agree that Jesus existed historically,[g] although the quest for the historical Jesus has produced little agreement on the historical reliability of the Gospels and on how closely the biblical Jesus reflects the historical Jesus.
The historicity of Jesus concerns the degree to which sources show Jesus of Nazareth existed as a historical figure. It concerns not just the issue of "what really happened," based upon the context of the time and place, but also the issue of how modern observers can come to know "what really happened."[1] A second issue is closely tied to historical research practices and methodologies for analyzing the reliability of primary sources and other historical evidence. It also considers the question of whether he was a Nazirite.[2][3]

An overwhelming majority of New Testament scholars and Near East historians, applying the standard criteria of historical investigation, find that the historicity of Jesus is more probable than not,[4][5][6][7][nb 1][nb 2][nb 3][nb 4] although they differ about the beliefs and teachings of Jesus as well as the accuracy of the details of his life that have been described in the gospels.[nb 5][13][nb 6][15]:168–173 While scholars have criticized Jesus scholarship for religious bias and lack of methodological soundness,[nb 7] with very few exceptions, such critics generally do support the historicity of Jesus, and reject the Christ myth theory that Jesus never existed.[17][nb 8][19][20][21]
Hobbes' Choice wrote:
attofishpi wrote: Pontius Pilate

The only physical, archaeological evidence that confirms the existence of Pilate is the Latin inscription found on a limestone block relating Pilate's tribute to Tiberius.[11] The artifact, sometimes known as the Pilate Stone, was discovered in 1961 by an archaeological team led by Antonio Frova.[12] It was found as a reused block within a staircase located in a semicircular structure behind the stage house of the Roman theatre at Caesarea, the city that served as Rome's administrative centre in the province of Judaea. Roman governors were based in Caesarea and only visited Jerusalem on special occasions, or in times of unrest. The artifact is a fragment of the dedicatory inscriptions of a building, probably a temple, which was constructed, possibly in honour of the emperor Tiberius,[13][14] dating to 26–36 AD.[11] The dedication states that Pilate was prefect of Judaea, read praefectus Iudaeae. The early governors of Judaea were of prefect rank, the later were of procurator rank, beginning with Cuspius Fadus in 44 AD. The artifact is currently housed in the Israel Museum, Jerusalem,[15][16] while a replica stands at Caesarea.[17]
This just means that the people making up all the shit about a bloke from Nazareth who had some sense nailed into him, knew who the governor was of Judea. Says nothing about Jesus.
This shows that fervent atheists will attempt to negate all historical facts when it comes to the life of Christ.

....the only argument the scholars have is with his "mirrorcoils"...and who could blame these simple minded nitwits.
Last edited by attofishpi on Sun Feb 26, 2017 2:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

Hobbes' Choice wrote: Actually its more like a doughnought.

Then do you want coffee with that?
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

attofishpi wrote:
attofishpi wrote:
Hobbes' Choice wrote:
No they do not.
Yes they do.
This shows that fervent atheists will attempt to negate all historical facts when it comes to the life of Christ.
No one is negating ANY facts. The fact is that there is ZERO contemporary evidence for a person called Jesus of Nazareth. So no historian can agree with your statement.
It is a fact that there was a man named Pilate. But as the existence of George VI as king of England in 1938 the year Superman first appeared in comics, does not validate the existence of Superman; The existence of Pilate does not validate the existence of Jesus.

I imagine there was a rabbi called Jesus around that time, as Jesus was a common enough name. It might even be the case that such a person was nailed to a cross by Pilate - crucifixions was also very commonplace. Is is likely that his exploits might have been somewhat exaggerated - definitely. Does this amount to the Bible being reliable _ no fucking way.

But the person Jesus as he appears in the Bible - written generations later - does not exist. Pretty much the same thing goes for Homer's heros. Was there a guy called Agamemnon, Achilles, etc... Maybe - did they have talking horses and deities appearing in front of them? Did Odysseus really meet a woman called Kirkes? Another called Calypso. Did he really enter the underworld to meet his old pals?
I think not.
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

thedoc wrote:
Hobbes' Choice wrote: Actually its more like a doughnought.

Then do you want coffee with that?
A cup of tea is best!

With milk... owing to a surfeit caused by Harbal milking everything.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Hobbes' Choice wrote:
attofishpi wrote:
attofishpi wrote:
Yes they do.
No one is negating ANY facts. The fact is that there is ZERO contemporary evidence for a person called Jesus of Nazareth. So no historian can agree with your statement.
It is a fact that there was a man named Pilate. But as the existence of George VI as king of England in 1938 the year Superman first appeared in comics, does not validate the existence of Superman; The existence of Pilate does not validate the existence of Jesus.

I imagine there was a rabbi called Jesus around that time, as Jesus was a common enough name. It might even be the case that such a person was nailed to a cross by Pilate - crucifixions was also very commonplace. Is is likely that his exploits might have been somewhat exaggerated - definitely. Does this amount to the Bible being reliable _ no fucking way.

But the person Jesus as he appears in the Bible - written generations later - does not exist. Pretty much the same thing goes for Homer's heros. Was there a guy called Agamemnon, Achilles, etc... Maybe - did they have talking horses and deities appearing in front of them? Did Odysseus really meet a woman called Kirkes? Another called Calypso. Did he really enter the underworld to meet his old pals?
I think not.
Did any of these 'people' forge a way of life with with such reverence that billions of people pay homage to them on a daily basis?
At the end of the day Jesus existed and still exists, and his wise words and his suffering are something to behold and indeed something that one should show some humility toward.

...and by the way -where is the encyclopedia getting this notion from then:= "Virtually all modern scholars of antiquity agree that Jesus existed historically,"
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

"Virtually all modern scholars of antiquity agree that Jesus existed historically,"

I see this as an outright lie.

http://bigthink.com/philip-perry/a-grow ... 1-41479093

Gnostic Christians have always thought of Jesus as an archetypal good man.

As in all archetypes, someone will name their children by that name so some Jesus' likely were real but they would not be the imaginary miracle working Jesus that Christianity adores and hope to ride as their scapegoat into heaven.

If one looks at the morality of the miracle working imaginary Jesus, it become clear that he is not divine as his morals are less than what we have today.

Especially his no divorce and substitutionary punishment policy are immoral and anti-love.

Even if the miracle worker existed, he is not worthy of being followed.

Regards
DL
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

Hobbes' Choice wrote: But the person Jesus as he appears in the Bible - written generations later - does not exist. Pretty much the same thing goes for Homer's heros. Was there a guy called Agamemnon, Achilles, etc... Maybe - did they have talking horses and deities appearing in front of them? Did Odysseus really meet a woman called Kirkes? Another called Calypso. Did he really enter the underworld to meet his old pals?
I think not.
The site of Troy has been discovered lending credence to Homers account, and another researcher has followed the course of the Odyssey and has discovered that most, if not all, the sites actually existed.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

thedoc wrote:
Hobbes' Choice wrote: Did Odysseus really meet a woman called Kirkes? Another called Calypso. Did he really enter the underworld to meet his old pals?
I think not.
The site of Troy has been discovered lending credence to Homers account, and another researcher has followed the course of the Odyssey and has discovered that most, if not all, the sites actually existed.
And Calypso is alive and well, and living in Trinidad.
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

Harbal wrote:
thedoc wrote:
Hobbes' Choice wrote: Did Odysseus really meet a woman called Kirkes? Another called Calypso. Did he really enter the underworld to meet his old pals?
I think not.
And Calypso is alive and well, and living in Trinidad.
Good for her, is there anything else you want to make fun of?
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

thedoc wrote:is there anything else you want to make fun of?
Not right now, doc, but when I do, I know I can always count on you to provide the opportunity.
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

attofishpi wrote:
Hobbes' Choice wrote:
attofishpi wrote:

I think not.
Did any of these 'people' forge a way of life with with such reverence that billions of people pay homage to them on a daily basis?
No because they are only people.
And whoever the fuck the historical Jesus was - he was also just a person.
Paying homage to an ordinary person, and pretending he is a god is for idiots.