Christians break the Golden Rule when accepting Jesus as savior.

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

Jesus indicated that doing unto others as we would want done to us was a commandment.

Having another innocent person suffer for the wrongs you have done, --- so that you might escape responsibility for having done them, goes against the Golden Rule and Jesus’ commandment.

None of us would want to be punished for someone else’s sin, yet Christians ignore Jesus’ commandment and eagerly consent to let Jesus suffer for the sins they have done so that they might escape their just punishment.

From what Jesus said, Christians are showing that they are not fit for heaven as they do not follow Jesus’ commandment and thus do evil.

Should Christians step up and make themselves fit for heaven by rejecting substitutionary atonement?

Regards
DL
bobevenson

Re: Christians break the Golden Rule when accepting Jesus as savior.

Post by bobevenson »

"I am Bob the Baptist,
Precursor of the Second Coming of Christ,
Whose name is Tor.
I can offer you precepts, poetry or ploys,
And even more.
I can offer you salvation
In a game called Ouzo."

-Introduction to "The Ouzo Prophecy"
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

bobevenson

Please put me on ignore.

Regards
DL
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

bobevenson wrote:I can offer you precepts, poetry or ploys,
And even more.
Im listening - please post at least 5 of YOUR poems.

Here's one of mine - you might notice the anagram in effect.

Pantheism

A Pen Smith
Anti Hemps
Ha Men Spit
Ha Temp Sin
Me In Paths
Am The Snip
Am The Spin
Am Ship Net
He Spit Man
He Tips Man
Man He Pits
Amp The Sin
Pa Sent Him
Sap Them In
Walker

Post by Walker »

Greatest I am wrote:Christians break the Golden Rule when accepting Jesus as savior.

Jesus indicated that doing unto others as we would want done to us was a commandment.

Having another innocent person suffer for the wrongs you have done, --- so that you might escape responsibility for having done them, goes against the Golden Rule and Jesus’ commandment.
Not at all.

The devotee expects Jesus to suffer for his/her sins, this is true.

However, the devotee living in the real world also expects to suffer the sins of others, and thus be as Jesus in the flesh. This is why the devotee suffers at the hands of the punisher, for it is the punisher who is punished by his/her actions, and thus suffers.

The devotee does not expect any random person of acquaintance to be as Jesus in action, although the devotee does anticipate every acquaintance to be as Jesus in the flesh, until corrected.

The devotee must be mindful
In the ways of ego, too
Lest the devotee be forced to say
This will hurt me more than you
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

Walker wrote:
Greatest I am wrote:Christians break the Golden Rule when accepting Jesus as savior.

Not at all.

The devotee expects Jesus to suffer for his/her sins, this is true.

However, the devotee living in the real world also expects to suffer the sins of others, and thus be as Jesus in the flesh. This is why the devotee suffers at the hands of the punisher, for it is the punisher who is punished by his/her actions, and thus suffers.

The devotee does not expect any random person of acquaintance to be as Jesus in action, although the devotee does anticipate every acquaintance to be as Jesus in the flesh, until corrected.

The devotee must be mindful
In the ways of ego, too
Lest the devotee be forced to say
This will hurt me more than you
Suffering the sins of others is not the same as taking the blame and punishment from the perpetrator.

As Ingersoll said; 'no man would be fit for heaven who would consent that an innocent person should suffer for his sin.'

Regards
DL
Walker

Post by Walker »

The high-mindedness of the principle does not negate the truth of principle when you examine the history of the world, and man's inhumanity to man. This is why Jesus in action is the logical end-point of the principle.
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

attofishpi wrote:
bobevenson wrote:I can offer you precepts, poetry or ploys,
And even more.
I'm listening - please post at least 5 of YOUR poems.
I thought you'd never ask http://church-of-ouzo.com/pdf/ouzo-poetry.pdf.
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

Walker wrote:The high-mindedness of the principle does not negate the truth of principle when you examine the history of the world, and man's inhumanity to man. This is why Jesus in action is the logical end-point of the principle.
I do not see high-mindedness. If I understand that term.
I see low mindedness and low or immorality.

Regards
DL
Walker

Post by Walker »

A response of turning the other cheek is high-mindedness.

A response of ripping the other’s cheek off, in response to the same stimulus, is low-mindedness.
It only takes a low mind to be an animal.

It takes a high mind to be a human.
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

Walker wrote:
A response of turning the other cheek is high-mindedness.
http://dharmagates.org/other_cheek.html

So it is high mindedness to insult the one who hit you. Right?

That is not quite the pacifist take the Roman created pacifist wimp Jesus that Rome created for us.
A response of ripping the other’s cheek off, in response to the same stimulus, is low-mindedness.
I agree. This cheek saying is one that speaks to justice, and that exceeds and eye for an eye by a wide margin.
It only takes a low mind to be an animal.

It takes a high mind to be a human.
I see us as more adept at tool use and intelligence but with the same instincts as all other animals so my separation of us from animals is not likely as cut in stone as your is.

Ever watch Lord of the Flies?

In some cases, our humanity has made us less than animals.

Tell me please if you see the authorities in this clip as higher minded or lower minded than the shooter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjjVVNln0wo

Regards
DL
Walker

Post by Walker »

Greatest I am wrote:Tell me please if you see the authorities in this clip as higher minded or lower minded than the shooter.

Regards
DL
Here’s a spoiler for any unsuspecting reader.

The link is a depiction of a violent murder, just in case anyone might not want to see that.

I studied The Lord of the Flies when I was a kid in school. Never saw the movie that I recall.

The shooter is a murderer. All Jane does is ask for help. A good spanking would have been more help than that, since life is the measure of all things and she looks healthy enough to spank.

Is that big-eyed imbecile functionally retarded or just loaded up with drugs? What a maroon.

The authorities aren’t even high-handed and they could have been low-down and dirty.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Greatest I am wrote:I see us as more adept at tool use and intelligence but with the same instincts as all other animals so my separation of us from animals is not likely as cut in stone as your is.
Well then, in your assignation of personal values to philosophical discussion, consider the possibility that I or anyone is as much Jesus as you are animal.
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

Walker wrote:
Greatest I am wrote:Tell me please if you see the authorities in this clip as higher minded or lower minded than the shooter.

Regards
DL
Here’s a spoiler for any unsuspecting reader.

The link is a depiction of a violent murder, just in case anyone might not want to see that.

I studied The Lord of the Flies when I was a kid in school. Never saw the movie that I recall.

The shooter is a murderer. All Jane does is ask for help. A good spanking would have been more help than that, since life is the measure of all things and she looks healthy enough to spank.

Is that big-eyed imbecile functionally retarded or just loaded up with drugs? What a maroon.

The authorities aren’t even high-handed and they could have been low-down and dirty.
True that Jane asked for help, then handed her friend the gun, not a spanking implement.

The point of that movie, and I appreciate that you might have to watch the whole thing to get it, is that we kill suffering animals, and that should be what guides our thinking in cases of mercy killing or dying with dignity.

It is also showing the deep love of friends who would even do a mercy killing for a friend who has lost all hope.

Regards
DL
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

Walker wrote:
Greatest I am wrote:I see us as more adept at tool use and intelligence but with the same instincts as all other animals so my separation of us from animals is not likely as cut in stone as your is.
Well then, in your assignation of personal values to philosophical discussion, consider the possibility that I or anyone is as much Jesus as you are animal.
That is easy for a Gnostic Christian. Here is how Jesus says it.

Matthew 6:22 The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.

John 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

Romans 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

Gnostic Christians are also naturalists and embrace our animal side and instincts as well as our higher than normal intellect as compared to other animals.

As to my assignation, scriptures said that like my Jesus mind, we all have to learn just as the biblical Jesus did.

Regards
DL