God V Devil

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

ForCruxSake

Re: God V Devil

Post by ForCruxSake »

attofishpi wrote:
Dontaskme wrote:The Devil is God in disguise.
The God is Devil in disguise.
Maybe they are just a Möbius strip with God appearing to be one side and the Devil the other???
Greta

Post by Greta »

ForCruxSake wrote:
Greta wrote:The ancients might have dreamed fondly of a time when people largely controlled their wilder impulses which made for a safer society. They might have dreamed of a time one need not die in childbirth, where children usually grew to adulthood, where most people would have a reasonable expectation of growing old, where most children would be educated and people might enjoy some of the good things in life.

I wonder if they ever fulfilled that dream? :)
Yes, but only to sacrifice it all over again due to ignorance and a momentary* lack of impulse control...

(* that "moment" being the 20th century onwards.)
Today's issues were always going to happen - a matter of "when rather than "if". At some point humans were always going to overpopulate and run into sustainability issues. That's becoming clear. Yes, humanity has made mistakes, but it's not as though they had much experience in building civilisations or had precedents in nature to follow.

A thought experiment. Imagine a world where humans monitored and controlled their numbers and consumption. It's impossible to imagine without a world dictatorship!
ForCruxSake

Post by ForCruxSake »

Greta wrote:A thought experiment. Imagine a world where humans monitored and controlled their numbers and consumption. It's impossible to imagine without a world dictatorship!
Calls to mind 'Logan's Run'.

Just your use of the words "monitored" and "controlled" make dictatorship unavoidable.

I watched a 'future shock' series of programmes, narrated by James Woods, where it was suggested that the life of humans, in 'first world' nation states, could be prolonged indefinitely as a result of imminent advances in technology. It never really adressed the issue of overcrowding, but spoke of a time when people, faced with an indefinite period of life, would simply choose a time to die. It would be acceptable, normal. They'd have a goodbye party and die, by choice. The whole premise was determined to be possible only in a democratically capitalist state. The technologies were the kind of advances that could only occur in wealthy capitalist states, which are usually democratically ordered.

We would achieve a state where we surpass nature's responsibility towards our demise.

I find this just as scary. "And death shall have no dominion"... except for that which we create.
Greta

Post by Greta »

ForCruxSake wrote:
Greta wrote:A thought experiment. Imagine a world where humans monitored and controlled their numbers and consumption. It's impossible to imagine without a world dictatorship!
Calls to mind 'Logan's Run'.

Just your use of the words "monitored" and "controlled" make dictatorship unavoidable.

I watched a 'future shock' series of programmes, narrated by James Woods, where it was suggested that the life of humans, in 'first world' nation states, could be prolonged indefinitely as a result of imminent advances in technology. It never really adressed the issue of overcrowding, but spoke of a time when people, faced with an indefinite period of life, would simply choose a time to die. It would be acceptable, normal. They'd have a goodbye party and die, by choice. The whole premise was determined to be possible only in a democratically capitalist state. The technologies were the kind of advances that could only occur in wealthy capitalist states, which are usually democratically ordered.

We would achieve a state where we surpass nature's responsibility towards our demise.

I find this just as scary. "And death shall have no dominion"... except for that which we create.
That's a long way off, much further that Ray Kurtzeil and others suggest, and by then I think the human beings affected will be very different to us, and the privilege will probably only be afforded a lucky few. Rather, I suspect that nature is going to decimate humanity's numbers later this century and early in the next one, which should still leave a matter of a billion or more remaining, probably huddling around the poles.

I personally would love to have the option to die when I want, and not before. I dislike the lottery-like aspect of it all, especially since control can be swept from you, resulting in effectively being kept in a prolonged state of torture comparable with the worst breaches of the Geneva Convention.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

For me with a direct interaction with God and a sage - i have stated countless times that i want to never exist again after this life, since i have had such suffering and betrayal from these 'Christian' ideals. There is only one salvation left for me where i would endure another life, and that would be to reunite with one they have indicated to me was my soul mate - by way of the sweetest girl i met 17yrs ago by the name of Christie of all things. Her phone number ended in 666. And in 2010 the sage indicated to me that we had previously been married in our previous life.
In 2005 when i was assaulted and lost my mobile ph, i was given the number 040 007 666 0 (007 licence to kill! - the abortions i had in earlier years where God made me suffer to the point i would rather had been nailed and died on a crucifix - and recently they did indicate me that yes i did suffer more than Christ.
To reunite with her would relinquish all my hard feelings toward God and indeed Christ for what i was put through over 20yrs of direct interaction with God/sage. Recently they have told me that her partner cheats and cheated on her and that he left - she lives in Melbourne and i havent conversed with here since 2010 when i stated the sage told me we had been married - and she agreed to have lunch with me if she didnt get married to him.
The sage stated to me last week "Have lunch with him." - as if he stated this to her, and stated that we both 'know' so again im doing the waiting game, she would be my only salvation where true love could blossom - since i have never cheated on any partner, and since i believe in love.
HexHammer

Post by HexHammer »

Yes, that's why the Catholic bible has 2 creationist stories.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

HexHammer wrote:
Yes, that's why the Catholic bible has 2 creationist stories.
Well all creations are pure-make belief aka mythical allegorizing of imagination imagining desire. The body is just a vehicle, that energy uses to actualise the desire as and through the object of it's desire...aka the body. The story gives the appearance there is some one living the story, but there isn't, it's all just happening, appearing all by itself, there is no one that knows how or why it is happening, the knower is unknown...only known in the experience, but no thing is claiming the experience except an empty thought...therefore all story is fiction.

All appearing in that which can never be identified, but has to be all the same. That which is manifesting fully luminous images in a night-time dream is the same that is manifesting luminous images during waking state the state which is believed to be real...as it is actualised.

There is something that it beyond all experience pervading all experience, aka the dreamer that is dreaming this whole dream phenomena into existence, and it's not what thought thinks it is.

It can't be looked at, it is the looking. It can't be known, it is the knowing.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

ForCruxSake wrote:
attofishpi wrote:
The God is Devil in disguise.
Maybe they are just a Möbius strip with God appearing to be one side and the Devil the other???
God is the Alpha & Omega - everything. A dog is a mans best friend - dog reversed - God - is his worst enemy if you cross it - sin etc.. it will do evil to you. EVIL reversed LIVE - its very hard to live when God is doing evil to you - when you cross certain lines - from experience - there is not separate entity (the devil) just a term used in the buy bull for ancient minds to consider.

Beyond Reasonable Doubt - www.androcies.com
Walker

Post by Walker »

ForCruxSake wrote:Actually I just saw him on a unicycle, wound round the saddle post, with the end of his tail pushing back on the wheel. I drew it but I can't attach the image unless I create a web page for it.
Like the flag
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gadsden_flag

ForCruxSake wrote:No. How does one follow such poetry?
Osmosis.
http://www.shakespeare-online.com/biogr ... james.html
ForCruxSake

Post by ForCruxSake »

Walker wrote:
ForCruxSake wrote:Actually I just saw him on a unicycle, wound round the saddle post, with the end of his tail pushing back on the wheel. I drew it but I can't attach the image unless I create a web page for it.
Like the flag
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gadsden_flag
But where's the unicycle?