God is Unity.

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Dontaskme

God is Unity.

Post by Dontaskme »

'' Experiencing this unity reveals to us that life is beautiful. Prior to this, when you experience yourself moving from the state of the physical or of the personality to the state of the essential or of the boundless dimensions, there is the feeling that life is a problem. The best option seems to be to get away from life, and one may long to disappear or die. From the perspective of unity, there is no such thing as dying, nor of being reborn. There is no such thing as ego death, and no such thing as enlightenment either, since you are already the unity. This is the state of affairs all the time and always -- before you develop an ego, when it is dissolving, and after you are dissolved. All those parts are the unity itself, and so you are not going anywhere.''

Excerpt from the book ...Facets of Unity.
Beauty

Re: God is Unity.

Post by Beauty »

The unity talked about, that is a reality, a fact. All that is fine, but life is beautiful when our thinking and actions are so. Beauty is as beauty goes - do good, receive good. Why I say so, because people doing bad can spoil their life and so would have to go through pain/suffering. Definitely the unity would still be there intact. But the unity is a fact, not our life. Our life has to do with actions and their consequences, so we must ensure that our actions are morally good, for us to see a beautiful life. To keep honking that unity being there, that is the beauty of life, is not enough. Why? Because unity ensured, then life goes on. Scripture says that we must live our life righteously - no vices and no wickedness, and then it is, "The good life," for all of us. Unity is not the be all and end all of everything. Life is also there, and we must live it vice free and wickedness free to ensure it's good.

I have a cycle: It is not the only truth. Ride it, ride it, ride it and ride it carefully and conscientiously.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Beauty wrote:The unity talked about, that is a reality, a fact. All that is fine, but life is beautiful when our thinking and actions are so. Beauty is as beauty goes - do good, receive good. Why I say so, because people doing bad can spoil their life and so would have to go through pain/suffering. Definitely the unity would still be there intact. But the unity is a fact, not our life. Our life has to do with actions and their consequences, so we must ensure that our actions are morally good, for us to see a beautiful life. To keep honking that unity being there, that is the beauty of life, is not enough. Why? Because unity ensured, then life goes on. Scripture says that we must live our life righteously - no vices and no wickedness, and then it is, "The good life," for all of us. Unity is not the be all and end all of everything. Life is also there, and we must live it vice free and wickedness free to ensure it's good.

I have a cycle: It is not the only truth. Ride it, ride it, ride it and ride it carefully and conscientiously.
This is human brainwashing religious contrived preaching ..seriously who writes this absolute pile of unbelievable wishful thinking garbage? This is not who you are Beauty..you are only repeating what you have read in the bible. It's just a metaphorical fictional story that you mistake for real literal reality. You cannot get to truth through the words that only point you away from what you are trying to understand, the words are only pointers pointing you back to true source of your all your knowing. Like the thorn to remove a thorn analogy.

Please listen very carefully at what I'm about to say....I would appreciate if you could read over every single word and then ask me some questions if you have some counter concerns over what I've said. ..especially the bit I've put in bold.

This biblical scripture is akin to some fairytale that is a total fiction, a contrived false conditioned narrative of a limited belief mind set belonging to a separate assumed self where there is no such thing in real life. It's full of dictatorship & tyrannical in context, that we must conform to a certain way of living in order to sustain the goodness of well being at all time. It's too full of holes, conditions and expectation and deeply flawed, and is not what's actually happening in reality. No person, human or otherwise lives life period!!...There is NO ONE living life.
Life lives itself spontaneously and creatively, ever expressing itself in the ever unfolding now always new..and not in any other time...because no other time or thing exists, except as a concept, aka fiction arising now in real time.

There is a conscious Life, but it doesn't have a label attached to it, it's not a thing, but things do apparently arise in it, in other words it's NOT HUMAN...that's just an idea arising in it as a concept..and concepts are ONLY whimsical ideas/appearances of it... NOT actually IT

To only live a good life and disallow or condemn wickedness.... would be a pretty darn cool trick, if that could be done, but who would be the one having overall control of what's otherwise beyond any human control? That would be like expecting a human being to never have another negative thought, or ever feel sad, or jealous, or angry, or revengeful, or feel hate and loathing ever again....It's not a human having those thoughts.

Those thoughts are appearing in pure beingness one without a second, known as they appear in the instant one with the knowing.

This one pure knowing conscious being that we all are, is this immediate unconditional awareness, it's primary purpose it to experience all roles, in life..be it the good, the bad or the ugly as fictional projected images of it' real self - while it itself being none of the images it projects ..for it is totally invisible and not a thing in and of itself, it's the ever present pure knowing awareness being right here and now and always is...it's pure allowing love... allowing all to happen as appearance and disappearance .. while it watches on in pure detachment...always staying in tact.

God is just a metaphor for that unconditional love..the screen of awareness which allows everything to happen just as it is ..as it appears to be...if wickedness arises, that's exactly what is arising..no one is making that happen, it's just what's appearing to happen as the play of consciousness. Sometimes it appears as a bad face, sometimes it appears as a good face, but they're all just different faces of the one faceless face.

There can only be here this immediate unconditional LOVE aka God presence here now...it is everything and nothing, unconditionally all at once ...allowing everything which it is, to be as it is which is nothing. If wickedness is rejected in favour of goodness, then so too MUST goodness be rejected in favour of wickedness... there cannot be one idea without the other / opposite, for neither would be knowable without each other, but they are only ever one and the same apparently two faces of the one coin so to speak...

REAL LOVE is all allowing...Real Love is Oneness in perfect balance with itself.

Love is not what the human thinks it is, it's not something you get or give, it's not something you receive from another, no one can give it to you, you can't give it to someone else.....YOU ARE LOVE....as this pure ever present knowing awareness. To rest in that pure awareness love and not to wrongly identify with the mirages, mirror images that are fleeting and not who you are in essence... to rest in that space is what's known as enlightenment.

So in effect...There's no such thing as a good or bad life. There's just life happening to no one. If badness arises, no one is causing it. If goodness arises, no one is causing it, it's all appearing in the pure knowing awareness one without a second...pure knowing of every idea, be it good or bad, evil or otherwise, all this is arising and falling in that pure awareness knowing that is neither evil, good or bad. It's ever untouched pure love. That's who you are. You are that pure knowing untouched awareness, that never suffered, never did good or bad, is complete and whole in every moment. Always present. NOW.

Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

“Eternity is in love with the productions of time.” ― William Blake,

The Marriage of Heaven and Hell.

Complimentary Opposites.

Is there anything other than this knowing love?

This knowing love only ever comes into contact with itself. When Awareness (Father) knows sensation (Mother) ..Consciousness is born (Son)

All itself...It can never know another or an object, only itself. Totally intimate with ALL experience, totally in love. ALL allowing. All love.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

There's no one to stay in goodness all the time.

There's no one to stay in evil all the time.

There IS all the time that which allows good and evil to exist albeit illusory. While that all allowing is neither good or evil since it is pure knowing allowing awareness oneness...aka YOU right here now. You've never not been here.

This is the true SELF ..that cannot be refuted, for there is no other.
Beauty

Post by Beauty »

Beauty wrote:The unity talked about, that is a reality, a fact. All that is fine, but life is beautiful when our thinking and actions are so. Beauty is as beauty goes - do good, receive good. Why I say so, because people doing bad can spoil their life and so would have to go through pain/suffering. Definitely the unity would still be there intact. But the unity is a fact, not our life. Our life has to do with actions and their consequences, so we must ensure that our actions are morally good, for us to see a beautiful life. To keep honking that unity being there, that is the beauty of life, is not enough. Why? Because unity ensured, then life goes on. Scripture says that we must live our life righteously - no vices and no wickedness, and then it is, "The good life," for all of us. Unity is not the be all and end all of everything. Life is also there, and we must live it vice free and wickedness free to ensure it's good.

I forgot to add that, we are all individual and specific Gods, but currently fallen from that state to the state of being classified Devils in Hell, and need to become holy and go back to Holy Land, Heaven, "Risen." So the Unity I was really referring to was in the sense of being one with Heaven and not Hell, of going to Heaven and not remaining in Hell. The way to Heaven is, to become holy and of course to have paid all past dues due us. Once in Heaven, we are not fallen from the grace of being Gods in Heaven. Our own individual and specific Higher Consciousness - Higher Mind - The Spirit in us, guides us back home to Heaven. "Know ye not that ye are all Gods, and the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Beauty wrote:
I forgot to add that, we are all individual and specific Gods, but currently fallen from that state to the state of being classified Devils in Hell, and need to become holy and go back to Holy Land, Heaven, "Risen." So the Unity I was really referring to was in the sense of being one with Heaven and not Hell, of going to Heaven and not remaining in Hell. The way to Heaven is, to become holy and of course to have paid all past dues due us. Once in Heaven, we are not fallen from the grace of being Gods in Heaven. Our own individual and specific Higher Consciousness - Higher Mind - The Spirit in us, guides us back home to Heaven. "Know ye not that ye are all Gods, and the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?
I understand what you are trying to say. But please note that concepts are not what God is. But I also understand, that concepts are all we've got to describe this. So it's always going to be counter intuitive to the point in question.

The conceptual story of God is a fictional narrative, it is oneness communicating with itself, telling itself the fictional story of separation within the dream of separation... dreamt by NO ONE... AKA ONENESS .. dreaming it is the many. Is that which is aware of a dream separate from that dream? NO

EVER PRESENT THROUGH ALL 3 STATES OF BEING.

It's this ever present WIDE AWAKE AWARENESS...that has to be...otherwise there is no reality..aka dream.

Waking / Conscious / Gross level (row 1)
These three all operate at the same level of reality:
1) the Waking state of consciousness,
2) the Conscious mind, and
3) the Gross realm of manifestation.

Dreaming / Unconscious / Subtle level (row 2)
1) the Dreaming state of consciousness,
2) the Unconscious level of mind, and
3) the Subtle realm of manifestation.

Deep Sleep / Subconscious / Causal level (row 3)
1) the Deep Sleep state of consciousness,
2) the Subconscious level of mind, and
3) the Causal realm of manifestation.

Consciousness / Absolute / Fourth level (row 4)

"Consciousness," "Absolute," and the "Fourth" are different words describing the same One reality. When referred to in an individuated way, it may be called Self or Atman. When referred to in a collective, or not-individuated way, it may be called Brahman, Oneness, or Absolute Reality. Some also call it God as Immanent, compared to God as Transcendent.
Last edited by Dontaskme on Thu Feb 16, 2017 3:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Do you hear the barking of the dog out there? You translate it and say that is the barking of a dog. But if you are just aware of that, it echoes here inside of you. There is no separation from you. There is no translation. You are barking, and not the dog out there.
Beauty

Post by Beauty »

Cosmic Consciousness as one whole, I don't believe is there, so a unity is out of question.
Individual Consciousnesses I believe are there, so individual entities is the answer, and that is also why we can sometimes feel lost, alone, as when life is down, otherwise we would not feel like that, we would feel that the world is our oyster and help is always at hand from neighbours, family, friends, others and so forth.
Where it feels in our heart like some power out there, it is only our Higher Consciousness, our Higher Mind looking after us and making us feel that we are in good hands - looked after - that somehow God knows. "Know ye not that ye are all Gods and the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?"
Beauty

Post by Beauty »

Dontaskme wrote:Do you hear the barking of the dog out there? You translate it and say that is the barking of a dog. But if you are just aware of that, it echoes here inside of you. There is no separation from you. There is no translation. You are barking, and not the dog out there.
I can believe that absolutely. Just like when I am aware of any good article you might have written, I am aware there is no separation and that it was written by me not you! :evil: :evil: :evil:
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Beauty wrote:
Dontaskme wrote:Do you hear the barking of the dog out there? You translate it and say that is the barking of a dog. But if you are just aware of that, it echoes here inside of you. There is no separation from you. There is no translation. You are barking, and not the dog out there.
I can believe that absolutely. Just like when I am aware of any good article you might have written, I am aware there is no separation and that it was written by me not you! :evil: :evil: :evil:
Excellent!

We're on the same page, we may be describing the same differently that's all, but I do understand what you've said in the above quote. I'm with you now. The problem has been your version being different to mine, and me wanting you to see it from my version, and you wanting me to see from your version ... but I see how you are saying your piece now. I get you.
That's called meeting someone at the heart level bye the way. :D Your ok, I'm ok. we're all ok..ok ? :D

I love you Beauty.

You're probably going to give me a good slapping down now, I must admit I do deserve one... :wink:
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Dontaskme wrote:

Excellent!

We're on the same page, we may be describing the same differently that's all, but I do understand what you've said in the above quote. I'm with you now. The problem has been your version being different to mine, and me wanting you to see it from my version, and you wanting me to see from your version ... but I see how you are saying your piece now. I get you.
That's called meeting someone at the heart level bye the way. :D Your ok, I'm ok. we're all ok..ok ? :D

I love you Beauty.

You're probably going to give me a good slapping down now, I must admit I do deserve one... :wink:
Congratulations, Dontaskme, you finally found someone as nuts as you.
Beauty

Post by Beauty »

Harbal wrote:
Dontaskme wrote:

Excellent!

I love you Beauty.

Congratulations, Dontaskme, you finally found someone as nuts as you.
Biggest Congratulations to you, you found two nuts! Isn't that why you choose to be around us so much, 'cause you just love nuts so much! Now nuts are exotic fruit. :mrgreen: