Is Religiocity something to be worried about?

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

attofishpi

Re: Is Religiocity something to be worried about?

Post by attofishpi »

Hobbes' Choice wrote:
attofishpi wrote:
Hobbes' Choice wrote:
Please observe the exact moment, occasioned by a blow to the head, when this subject began to suffer from GGDD.
The blow to the arm occurred in 2005 - since 1997 (eight years) i was already aware that the God entity existed.
Blows to the head affect memory too.
Oh. So what you are suggesting is that eight years of almost daily interaction with this God\sage was actually some sort of memory, um i don't know, 'implant' simply because my arm banged against my nose and broke it in 2005.

Wow, atheists really are a rational bunch...of course that's a far more rational explanation than that there is a God that is the backbone to our reality in this binary universe, that actually has been interacting with me for eight years up to 2005. Now being 2017 and last interaction yesterday, i guess i must have bumped my head again, maybe i fell out of bed and banged it, rendering yesterdays interaction also as some sort of memory jostle and of course all those of the past 20 years!
Greta

Post by Greta »

Does God speak to you in a male voice? Was the voice of a younger or older person, or of an age peer? Was it a high or deep voice? Smooth or gravelly?

If it's not an external voice and you just suddenly know something, how do you know that it's not just an aspect of your self talking to you rather than a deity?* Why couldn't a knock to the head just as readily trigger changes in the brain's operation as it could open up a channel to God?
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

attofishpi wrote:
Hobbes' Choice wrote:
attofishpi wrote:
The blow to the arm occurred in 2005 - since 1997 (eight years) i was already aware that the God entity existed.
Oh. So what you are suggesting is that eight years of almost daily interaction with this God\sage was actually some sort of memory, um i don't know, 'implant' simply because my arm banged against my nose and broke it in 2005.
!
Given your daily output on this forum, I think that could well be consistent with the truth, yes.

For a start, this account of your injury is not the same as the one you gave some years ago.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Hobbes' Choice wrote:
attofishpi wrote:
Hobbes' Choice wrote:
!
Given your daily output on this forum, I think that could well be consistent with the truth, yes.
I don't think i'm one of those that post daily - unless my memory is failing me, again.
Hobbes' Choice wrote:For a start, this account of your injury is not the same as the one you gave some years ago.
Actually the account has not changed - i just extremely summarised it for simplicities sake. The longer winded version is that someone swung a baseball bat at my head and i blocked it with my left arm - incurring a fractured arm, and a broken nose - which i deduced was caused by my arm ricocheting against my nose.
Is that more like the account i gave some years ago? Or would you like to state anything i have missed or added?
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Greta wrote:Does God speak to you in a male voice? Was the voice of a younger or older person, or of an age peer? Was it a high or deep voice? Smooth or gravelly?
To this day and since the sage introduced himself from the aether, i am not so certain it is God that is talking to me, rather a sage - via perhaps the God 'technology'.
The voice is of a man, clear, well spoken, no accent - std bloke really.
Greta wrote:If it's not an external voice and you just suddenly know something, how do you know that it's not just an aspect of your self talking to you rather than a deity?
No - the voice does sound external - although i know that this God\sage entity has the ability to communicate in a voice directly to my ear, such that i could hear it\him when in the company of others and of course they would not hear it\him.
Greta wrote:Why couldn't a knock to the head just as readily trigger changes in the brain's operation as it could open up a channel to God?
I don't know - not sure God\sages bother communicating with people just because they had a bang on their head and their brain has some 'change' in operation.
Greta

Post by Greta »

Thanks for answering, Atto. If the voice was that of a woman, would you have thought for a moment that it could be God?
attofishpi wrote:
Greta wrote:Why couldn't a knock to the head just as readily trigger changes in the brain's operation as it could open up a channel to God?
I don't know - not sure God\sages bother communicating with people just because they had a bang on their head and their brain has some 'change' in operation.
As an outsider it does seem the more likely possibility that's it's not "God" you're hearing but a brain change that allowed greater conscious access to unconscious information and processing. This is not to belittle mystical experiences. I've had two mystical experiences that I can't readily explain but I have to be open to the possibility that they were simply the processing of dopamine, with the latter as a runaway dopamine feedback loop. Maybe. Or perhaps something else happened that we don't know much about?

Still, I'm open to the possibility that consciousness is more received than generated by brains, and that it is not necessarily dependent upon the physical structures that we can currently detect and measure. My jury remains out on all these issues, but I don't doubt that we can have mind-blowing internal experiences that are suggestive of "something more" ... or at the very least "something else".
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Greta wrote:Thanks for answering, Atto. If the voice was that of a woman, would you have thought for a moment that it could be God?
To be honest, i would probably have considered it to be some woman speaking from the dimensions that God controls - such as that of the sage that communicates to me, but no i would not have considered it God!
Greta wrote:As an outsider it does seem the more likely possibility that's it's not "God" you're hearing but a brain change that allowed greater conscious access to unconscious information and processing. This is not to belittle mystical experiences. I've had two mystical experiences that I can't readily explain but I have to be open to the possibility that they were simply the processing of dopamine, with the latter as a runaway dopamine feedback loop. Maybe. Or perhaps something else happened that we don't know much about?

Still, I'm open to the possibility that consciousness is more received than generated by brains, and that it is not necessarily dependent upon the physical structures that we can currently detect and measure. My jury remains out on all these issues, but I don't doubt that we can have mind-blowing internal experiences that are suggestive of "something more" ... or at the very least "something else".
Let me just put one thing to rest here. Hobbes has done a good job of reducing any credibility by suggesting i had a brain injury from the attack, again, i will point out that all i received was a broken\fractured arm and a bang to my nose causing a broken nose - my amazing brain remained intact and unaffected.
To suggest that somehow i have had 20yrs of my brain farting back at myself such that i believe these brain farts are God or a sage is ridiculous.
For example, it was 12yrs ago when i was attacked - i did not know what a sage was - apart from a herb when the voice from the aether stated it was 'a sage', and when i considered i should get out of bed to look it up in my dictionary it tapped me on my right knee - as in 'right' do that.
And, the main reason for me revealing this story about getting attacked - was that in the morning of the event a voice said to me as i climbed out of bed, "Tonight bad luck."

I'm prepared to do a page on my website outlining more extensively some of the experiences i have had since 1997, if you are interested i will do this?

My website: http://www.androcies.com
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

attofishpi wrote: To suggest that somehow i have had 20yrs of my brain farting back at myself such that i believe these brain farts are God or a sage is ridiculous.
For example, it was 12yrs ago when i was attacked - i did not know what a sage was - apart from a herb when the voice from the aether stated it was 'a sage', and when i considered i should get out of bed to look it up in my dictionary it tapped me on my right knee - as in 'right' do that.
And, the main reason for me revealing this story about getting attacked - was that in the morning of the event a voice said to me as i climbed out of bed, "Tonight bad luck."

I'm prepared to do a page on my website outlining more extensively some of the experiences i have had since 1997, if you are interested i will do this?

FFS.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote:FFS.
1YU

(Why, you after one?)
Greta

Post by Greta »

attofishpi wrote:
Greta wrote:As an outsider it does seem the more likely possibility that's it's not "God" you're hearing but a brain change that allowed greater conscious access to unconscious information and processing. This is not to belittle mystical experiences. I've had two mystical experiences that I can't readily explain but I have to be open to the possibility that they were simply the processing of dopamine, with the latter as a runaway dopamine feedback loop. Maybe. Or perhaps something else happened that we don't know much about?

Let me just put one thing to rest here. Hobbes has done a good job of reducing any credibility by suggesting i had a brain injury from the attack, again, i will point out that all i received was a broken\fractured arm and a bang to my nose causing a broken nose - my amazing brain remained intact and unaffected.
To suggest that somehow i have had 20yrs of my brain farting back at myself such that i believe these brain farts are God or a sage is ridiculous.
You assume that brain changes can't be fortuitous. Why not? While brain changes through trauma (emotional or physical) tend to be negative, sometimes unlikely events occur. Maybe the brain is mostly a filter in which case your filter may have been altered to advantage?

Yet, if that's so, why are you so grouchy? Or were you especially grouchy before the incident and am now much better?
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

attofishpi wrote:
Greta wrote:Thanks for answering, Atto. If the voice was that of a woman, would you have thought for a moment that it could be God?
To be honest, i would probably have considered it to be some woman speaking from the dimensions that God controls - such as that of the sage that communicates to me, but no i would not have considered it God!

You remind me of my brother.
Have you ever had a diagnosis for a mental illness?
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Hobbes' Choice wrote:You remind me of my brother.
Have you ever had a diagnosis for a mental illness?
Why? Does your brother also believe you are stupid?