Is transgender something to get upset about?

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

TSBU

Re: Is transgender something to get upset about?

Post by TSBU »

You should talk about this in a bed.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Joe, a white man, sez he's black, sez he 'feels' like a black man, sez he's a black man in a white man's body. He darkens his skin, flattens his nose, crimps his hair.

Is Joe black or deluded?

Stan, a black man, sez he's white, sez he 'feels' like a white man, sez he's a white man in a black man's body. He bleaches his skin, opts for a european nose, straightens his hair.

Is Stan white or deluded?

Lou, a man, sez he's a woman, sez he 'feels' like a woman, sez he's a woman in a man's body. He chemically, hormonally, surgically, alters himself to appear as a woman.

Is Lou a woman or deluded?
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Hobbes:

You want more than a mere citation of source? Okay, have some articles. Here's just a couple. There is a ton more to follow, if you want. But I suspect your appetite for them is not great.

The Johns Hopkins is the second.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/paul-mchugh ... 1402615120

http://www.thenewatlantis.com/docLib/20 ... Gender.pdf
Walker

Re:

Post by Walker »

henry quirk wrote:Joe, a white man, sez he's black, sez he 'feels' like a black man, sez he's a black man in a white man's body. He darkens his skin, flattens his nose, crimps his hair.

Is Joe black or deluded?

Stan, a black man, sez he's white, sez he 'feels' like a white man, sez he's a white man in a black man's body. He bleaches his skin, opts for a european nose, straightens his hair.

Is Stan white or deluded?

Lou, a man, sez he's a woman, sez he 'feels' like a woman, sez he's a woman in a man's body. He chemically, hormonally, surgically, alters himself to appear as a woman.

Is Lou a woman or deluded?
Once you realize that you are not the body exclusively, such concerns become rather superfluous, and you start to act accordingly. Then action reveals priorities, like with this fellow. Fame and fortune were likely a louder call to action for the actor than identity as body, which was merely the instrument.

http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/ ... 1045?snl=1
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

Well DUH.
Rather predictably the linked document does not say what you say it says.

"70-80% of children who at one point experience attraction to transgenderism grow out of it. (Johns Hopkins)"
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

I feel sorry for anyone especially for children who are made to feel that they must belong to any specific gender. If a little girl eschews playing with dolls and toy cookers and for God's sake wearing prissy clothes I say good on her and let her learn something more worthy than traditional gender paraphernalia.

And similarly for little boys!
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Hobbes' Choice wrote: Rather predictably the linked document does not say what you say it says.

"70-80% of children who at one point experience attraction to transgenderism grow out of it. (Johns Hopkins)"
I warned you there was more...you should really listen to me. :wink:

http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/mic ... sex-change

You'll find it right there.

Bon Apetit. (That's French for, "eat this") 8)
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Immanuel Can wrote:
Hobbes' Choice wrote: Rather predictably the linked document does not say what you say it says.

If you want to play the link game:
http://www.thenewsnerd.com/health/apa-t ... l-illness/
Actually I don't think either psychiatrists or psychologists have room to talk on judging mental illness in others. I've known a few, and they are all bonkers. Unless someone is outright batshit crazy insane schozophrenic then they really don't have a clue.
Last edited by vegetariantaxidermy on Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

Immanuel Can wrote:

I suggest you eat your own humble pie!
BTW it is not French for eat this, moron.

You are a waste of space and a waste of time.
Now to your miss attributed quote.
McHugh is shooting himself in the foot by saying that 20-30% of children who might have trans-feeling NEVER loose that feeling.
But this is no more than we already knew, and it is clear enough that NO children, being incapable of consent, are EVER submitted to surgery in any event.
Statistically since the number actually getting surgery from this group falls BELOW that number it is highly unlikely that anyone who is going to change their minds are doing so when it is too late.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Hobbes' Choice wrote: BTW it is not French for eat this, moron.
It's good to see you back to your old self, Hobbes. :)
You are a waste of space and a waste of time.
If only you'd asked, any number of people could have told you that.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Hobbes' Choice wrote:BTW it is not French for eat this, moron.
Irony is lost on you, I see. I will revert to literalism, so you can understand more easily.

It means, "good appetite," which then assumes you are eating something. But you were not eating something literal. So it was figurative, and ironic. Perhaps that clears it up for you.

Glad I could help explain it. 8)
McHugh is shooting himself in the foot by saying that 20-30% of children who might have trans-feeling NEVER loose that feeling.
For those who can count, that means 70-80% do.
...NO children, being incapable of consent, are EVER submitted to surgery in any event.
Not true: take, for example, the Asperger's children who are coerced into it by the agenda of the trans lobby: see...

http://news.nationalpost.com/full-comme ... ge-genders

(I warned you there was no end of this material.) :shock:

Meanwhile, the mentally ill are dying or being mutilated so that the liberal transsexualism agenda can go forward. Now, that's clear.
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

Immanuel Can wrote:
Hobbes' Choice wrote:BTW it is not French for eat this, moron.
For those who can count, that means 70-80% do.
It's a childish diversionary statistic. For all we know 99% of kids think about it.

It does not matter a RAT'S Fart the kids that change their minds.
The ones who matter are the 30% who do not.

Of the people that want to kill you 80% change their minds. So you must be safe.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Hobbes' Choice wrote:The ones who matter are the 30% who do not.
So 70-80% of the people don't matter to you? And you anticipate we'll all just agree with that? :shock:

But you've also forgotten that those 20% -30% are still body-dysmorphic, troubled and mentally unhealthy. Many are inclined to suicide, even. But liberals will deny them any help too, and tell them to "normalize" their condition instead -- not because they know it's "good" for the dysmorphic, but just so liberals can feel good about themselves.

In other words, liberalism cares nothing for 100% of the body-dysmorphic sufferers.
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

Immanuel Can wrote: But you've also forgotten that those 20% -30% are still , troubled and mentally unhealthy. .
Don't worry I've never forgotten you.
Wish I could.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Immanuel Can wrote:
Hobbes' Choice wrote:The ones who matter are the 30% who do not.
So 70-80% of the people don't matter to you? And you anticipate we'll all just agree with that? :shock:

But you've also forgotten that those 20% -30% are still body-dysmorphic, troubled and mentally unhealthy. Many are inclined to suicide, even. But liberals will deny them any help too, and tell them to "normalize" their condition instead -- not because they know it's "good" for the dysmorphic, but just so liberals can feel good about themselves.

In other words, liberalism cares nothing for 100% of the body-dysmorphic sufferers.
You seem to spend your whole existence poking your snout into things that don't concern you. You must be the most gigantic crashing bore to those around you. Just saying.