A Simple Theory for God

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Lacewing

A Simple Theory for God

Post by Lacewing »

Although I don’t believe in a god entity that exists separately and “reigns” over all of life, I have always seen ongoing and continual signs of an interconnectedness throughout all. It makes the most sense to me that the idea of “God” must include and reside in ALL equally. Why would there be anything NOT of “God”? Why would there be any “insides” and “outsides” of God -– such designations are surely the ideas of man, for man’s manipulation and self-promotion.

Therefore, I think it’s most reasonable to view any god force as inherent and equally distributed -– because, again, what ELSE is there? So if all is god, then that would point to all of us being examples of the many creative explorations and aspects of God. God playing and exploring through all of it/us. Each person reflecting a different potential to be manifested and explored: a different balance of attributes, ego, intoxication, needs, fears, courage, vision, clarity, etc.

All of this "God" potential is being expressed through many different characteristics, while being narrowly defined and judged by man’s limited and controlling vision/understanding. As parts of God argue that they are MORE of God, they demonstrate that particular manifestation of creative delusion and ego. Whereas God is actually ALL creative energy/exploration of infinite/ever-expanding potential. Nothing more sacred than anything else. ALL divine! ALL "God" -- because why would anything be excluded?
Necromancer

Re: A Simple Theory for God

Post by Necromancer »

Why make God part of minds of evil and perversion? I'm not sure your model is credible.
BradburyPound

Post by BradburyPound »

Necromancer wrote:Why make God part of minds of evil and perversion? I'm not sure your model is credible.

What model of God is credible?
haribol acharya

Post by haribol acharya »

God and godliness are not necessarily mutually one and the same, though they can be mutually inclusive. All that what you said relates to a state of Godliness, a kind of interconnectedness, ubiquity, permeability and the like. Our classical argument is a personal God, a Biblical God, a God that sends a prophet name Jesus to redeem the sinners of the earth from their Original Sin, the consumption of the apple of the forbidden tree. What you ascribe to God is not the one Jesuits or popes or any other Church authorities are trying to vindicate. I may agree with you when your description of God simulating, something akin to nature or natural phenomena. Your portrayal of God is pervasive and maybe everything mirrors or replicates that God. Or nature itself is not other than God in this specific case which has nothing to do with grand design. God is not a person but a personification of everything, not a designer but every design we come across. God can be a process, not a concrete form, maybe the summation of all existences
Necromancer

Post by Necromancer »

BradburyPound wrote:What model of God is credible?
I admit I fail to tell an Atheist every time! Sorry!
ken

Post by ken »

Lacewing wrote:Although I don’t believe in a god entity that exists separately and “reigns” over all of life, I have always seen ongoing and continual signs of an interconnectedness throughout all. It makes the most sense to me that the idea of “God” must include and reside in ALL equally.
Must abuse, starvation, and killing, (of completely innocent, harmless, and defenseless children) be included and reside, with everything else, equally in the idea of God?

It makes no sense to Me to carry on doing those things, which are obviously truly and utterly wrong and bad, and claim them to be a part of God.

Those things are a part of ALL or Everything, but they are not a part of God.

Unless of course you can provide a sound, valid argument showing how the abuse, the starving, and the killing of completely innocent, harmless and defenseless human beings is a part of God.
Lacewing wrote:Why would there be anything NOT of “God”?
Because, if there was not anything NOT of God, then there would not be anything wrong nor bad. If absolutely everything was a part of God, then absolutely everything would be perfect right here and now. In the sense that NOT every human being is truly happy, satisfied, and fulfilled today, then this would imply that NOT Everything is perfect.

In another sense, however, Everything is perfect right here and now, always has been and always will be, because God reveals Its Self through wrong and bad. But to see and understand fully HOW exactly Everything is perfect, right NOW, you firstly have to be able to fully see and understand what God truly is.

Lacewing wrote: Why would there be any “insides” and “outsides” of God -– such designations are surely the ideas of man, for man’s manipulation and self-promotion.
Why there are many outsides, wrongs and/or oppositions of God is because through the ideas of humans, for human beings own manipulation and self-promotion, the designations of places like these have come to exist, outside of God. Adult human beings, themselves, have dragged themselves outside of God.
Lacewing wrote:Therefore, I think it’s most reasonable to view any god force as inherent and equally distributed -– because, again, what ELSE is there?
i, personally, have NEVER felt any force whatsoever from God. I have only ever felt love, guidance, and acceptance.

i, however, have felt forces like being led, dragged, compelled, and/or pushed by something ELSE, un-Godly like, which motivates me to do things that I KNOW are wrong, like for example, continuing to pollute the world, in my incessant love, want, and pursuit of more money.
Lacewing wrote: So if all is god, then that would point to all of us being examples of the many creative explorations and aspects of God.
But I, for one, certainly do NOT see ALL is God. I do NOT see the thoughts and the behaviors that lead to the abuse of children as being what God is.
Lacewing wrote: God playing and exploring through all of it/us. Each person reflecting a different potential to be manifested and explored: a different balance of attributes, ego, intoxication, needs, fears, courage, vision, clarity, etc.
The potential I see in people is the potential to Want to change, for the better, the potential to be Honest, and the potential to be Open, and from that potential, I see, ALL people then have the potential to be WHO they really are.

By the way I do see plenty of other potential, but the potential to be-come Honest, Open, and seriously Wanting to change, for the better, is the potential I look for.
Lacewing wrote:All of this "God" potential is being expressed through many different characteristics, while being narrowly defined and judged by man’s limited and controlling vision/understanding.
Humans beings may narrowly define and judge, by their limited and controlling vision/understanding, but I certainly do NOT.
Lacewing wrote: As parts of God argue that they are MORE of God, they demonstrate that particular manifestation of creative delusion and ego. Whereas God is actually ALL creative energy/exploration of infinite/ever-expanding potential. Nothing more sacred than anything else.
Are you now saying that particular manifestation of creative delusion and ego, is NOT a part of God?

If that is what you are saying, then God is NOT ALL.

Lacewing wrote: ALL divine! ALL "God" -- because why would anything be excluded?
If absolutely Everything is ALL divine, then that is because absolutely Everything is needed to fully understand what God IS. But once that IS fully understood then the reason why some things are excluded from God IS so if and when people want to be God-like, then they will have to behave in certain ways, like for example, NOT abusing children.

But ALL creative energy/exploration of infinite/ever-expanding potential can NOT be better reached and understood if human beings did not make mistakes, or, what I like to call, do wrong, in the first place. If there was no wrong, then human beings could not do wrong, nor make mistakes, and if human beings did not make mistakes nor do wrong, then they would already be perfect. If human beings are not perfect, then there is the potential to wrong doing and making mistakes. It is only from wrong doing and/or making mistakes that human beings can learn what is right, become wiser, and thus become better, also.

By the way the very reason why wrong or bad existed, and still exists in this day and age, IS because of how the Mind works, and how the brain has evolved to work the way it does. Wrong and bad exists and is a necessary part of ALL, today, because this is HOW God can and will reveal Its Self. But wrong and bad must never be seen as part of perfection or God, before God/ALL is fully seen and understood, because then this can be used as a "justification" for the continuation on of wrong and bad thoughts and behaviors. Wrong and bad may well be a part of ALL, but if wrong and bad is NOT separated from right and good at some point, then a change for the better will never take place. Things will just carry on the same way. Infinite potential can go either two ways; a right way or a wrong way. Therefore, what is seen as perfection NOW could get better, or it could get worse. Human beings may be living in perfection, but "perfection" can not be used to try to justify their abuse of others.
ken

Post by ken »

BradburyPound wrote:
Necromancer wrote:Why make God part of minds of evil and perversion? I'm not sure your model is credible.

What model of God is credible?
A model of the real and true One.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

If God is ALL... how can all NOT BE God? And ALL means everything... good, bad, evil, horror, people, plants, rocks, stars, water, air... ALL of it.

If God is NOT ALL, what ELSE is there other than God... what is powerful and unique enough to escape God's influence... and what is the reasoning for believing in such separateness?
Necromancer

Post by Necromancer »

Lacewing wrote:If God is ALL... how can all NOT BE God? And ALL means everything... good, bad, evil, horror, people, plants, rocks, stars, water, air... ALL of it.

If God is NOT ALL, what ELSE is there other than God... what is powerful and unique enough to escape God's influence... and what is the reasoning for believing in such separateness?
IMO, God must mean something and God must be able to represent Heaven or God is no other than the very rock we step on. If God delivers grace to all on planet Earth there's nothing moral left in Christianity which means it fails to be relevant. Why the 10 Commandments? Why the Golden Rule? Why Heaven as completeness for those who deserve it?

To mix God with evil destroys the meaning of Christianity.

Necro-
ken

Post by ken »

Lacewing wrote:If God is ALL... how can all NOT BE God?
If, and only if, God is ALL, then ALL must be God, obviously. But, who says God is ALL?
Lacewing wrote:And ALL means everything... good, bad, evil, horror, people, plants, rocks, stars, water, air... ALL of it.
Of course ALL means everything, but to Me, God, in the physical sense, is All physical things, however, God, in the spiritual, or unable to be seen with the physical eyes, sense, is All spiritual things, excluding those that are false, wrong, and/or incorrect. Therefore, to Me, God is NOT ALL.

You may view God as being ALL, including evil for example, but I do not. AFTER I came to the true, right, and correct answers to ALL the meaningful, or metaphysical, questions in Life, then I discovered the reason WHY wrong, bad, evil, horror, et cetera WAS included in the God ALL BEFOREHAND. But until those questions are answered correctly people try to justify their wrong behaviors as being just a part of God (or just a part of God's plan), which is correct in the truest of senses. But to continue to try to justify one's own wrong behavior as just making mistakes, or with statements like, "I/we are just human", is missing the mark completely. Not being truly open and honest about one's own wrong doing and their doing of wrong is what has prevented human beings from discovering who they truly are before.
Lacewing wrote:If God is NOT ALL, what ELSE is there other than God...
Bad, evil, horror, wrong, falsehoods, incorrect, et cetera.
Lacewing wrote: what is powerful and unique enough to escape God's influence...
Deception, denial, lying, beliefs, assumptions, et cetera. God may influence, but God does NOT force.

Human beings evolved with the freedom to choose to do whatever they want/ed to choose. Human beings can not only lie and deceive others, or each other, they can also just as easily even lie to and thus deceive their own selves, which is what prevents God's influence from being fully heard, fully seen, and fully understood. Beliefs and assumptions are the two main things that can completely block God's influence all together in the first place.

Human beings have the freedom to believe and assume absolutely anything that they want to believe and assume, but, the very opposite of being Open, or God like, is being closed, this is caused by having and maintaining beliefs and/or assumptions.
Lacewing wrote: and what is the reasoning for believing in such separateness?
Who is believing in such separateness?

I certainly do not believe, nor disbelieve, (in) anything, except in the power of the One true Self, to do and achieve whatever It truly wants to.

For human beings to be able to fully see and understand the interconnectedness and unity of the one and only One, they have to break every single thing down into separate things. Human beings compartmentalize ALL into separate things, naturally. That is how they best learn, understand, and reason, ALL things.

Obviously the ALL as One is Everything, but the word Everything can also be separated into every thing. Being able to separate ALL the parts of One and see every (single) thing separately for what each part really is, also allows the ability to re-unify every separate thing back together again as One, and then see Everything, and all of Its parts, connected together as the one and only One for what It really is, also.

It is obvious you can see Everything connected as One, which is great as a lot of people can not, but surely you can also see how this One is made of many separate individual or single parts? Separating things into individual single things is not to say they are separate from each other in the truest of senses. This is just done in order to see the big and full picture of the One individual single thing known as Life, or Existence, or ALL, or God, or Universe, or Everything, or whatever else we, human beings, want to call the One and only true thing, which we are ALL a part of, and want to be truly Conscious, or Aware, of. That is thee True Self.

Some, like yourself, see ALL as God, and I am certainly not saying your view is wrong, but if some people will then use this view as an excuse, or attempt to use it as a justification, for continuing on with their obvious wrong ways, then I will continue to say those obvious wrong behaviors and ways human beings are continuing to do is NOT a part of God. Surely ANY THING would NOT want parts of Its own True Self to be abusing, harming, and damaging any (other) parts of Its Self. This would have absolutely no purpose to it. In fact depending on degree of damage being done could end up leading to destruction of Its own Self.

AFTER I discovered and learned the reason why I was doing wrong I could see why wrong, et cetera, WAS a necessary "evil" PREVIOUSLY, but far more importantly I discovered and learned a much better way in where ALL human beings do not abuse each other. Behaving in this God-like way means ALL human beings can start living together in peace and harmony as One. Behaving in ways that does not abuse, harm, nor damage, any of the parts of the One, unifies that One more, which in turn makes that connectedness far stronger, and then that makes it far better for every thing, and Everything as One. Seeing every thing as One may be the best way and a good thing to do, but surely just to look at the separatedness of every thing, so that no thing whatsoever gets abused, damaged, nor harmed, is not necessarily a bad thing to do. The reasoning for just looking at the separatedness is so that connectedness remains intact and bonded together as One, and working together as One.

I know you do not agree that there is a "better way", but remember I have continually stated that only a way that is agreed with and accepted by the One ALL, or Everything, IS the Only True way.
Greta

Post by Greta »

Maybe God is still becoming? The universe is about 13.8 billion years old and the early universe was too hot, active and violent for intelligent life to evolve so the universe perhaps is not in a mature state. Rome wasn't built in a day, so to speak, and maybe a mature universe isn't built in just 14 billion years?
ken

Post by ken »

Greta wrote:Maybe God is still becoming? The universe is about 13.8 billion years old and the early universe was too hot, active and violent for intelligent life to evolve so the universe perhaps is not in a mature state. Rome wasn't built in a day, so to speak, and maybe a mature universe isn't built in just 14 billion years?
Yes maybe God is just, still be-coming. The Universe is said to have begun and be a certain age, of which the truth of, we are really unsure of. However, what we do KNOW, for sure, is the Universe, Itself is in a state of constant-change. Through the naturally occurring always-ever-present, evolutionary change the Universe is being created, right HERE and right NOW. When an intelligent enough being reaches a state of full Consciousness, or Awareness, of who It really IS, then that is when the Universe, or God, has be-come, or has come into Being. When the question of Who am I? is answered correctly, then God (or the Universe) has finally reached a mature enough state to have be-come a truly Self-Aware being. A Being that can answer and thus KNOW Who I am IS a Being that is Conscious of Its Self, or Consciousness, It-Self.

Human beings only think they know who they are. The Life force or energy within them is the real and true Self, and is the One who knows who I really and truly am.

Intelligent life evolved not for its self, but for the Universe (or God It-Self). The Universe, It-Self, needed an intelligent enough species to evolve, one that can see (bear witness) and understand (make sense of) everything around it. The Universe uses this species so that It could learn, understand, and then reason how and why I am (or God is) here.

The reason HOW God (or I) am here, is I can not NOT be here.
The reason WHY God (or I) am here, is so that I witness and see (understand) the beauty that I am always Creating.

When God (or I) am here, is I am always here right NOW, evolving and creating, always, and in all possible ways.
Where God (or I) am, is right HERE, always have been and always will be...coming into Being...right HERE right NOW. I am just be-coming more fully conscious of this. I am still be-coming Consciousness (or Awareness).
What God (or I) am, in the unable to see with the physical eyes sense, IS the Mind. There is only One Mind, within ALL things.
What God (or I) am, in the physical sense, IS ALL physical things, interrelating with each other, and thus, by doing so, I am Creating absolutely every thing, including the One and only Everything, Its Self.
Greta

Post by Greta »

But Ken, why call it "God"? Why not call it "universe" or "reality"?

It's hard to imagine a whole of personality in evidence when reality was just a blob of inflating superheated plasma. Reality has much more personality today.
surreptitious57

Post by surreptitious57 »

Were one a pantheist then God would simply be another word for universe or reality and so it would make no difference
Greta

Post by Greta »

surreptitious57 wrote:Were one a pantheist then God would simply be another word for universe or reality and so it would make no difference
Semantically, "God" has much anthropocentric baggage while "universe" has an unsatisfactorily mechanical semantic.

It would be nice to have a word that captures the idea of a non-mechanical universe capable of growing intelligence and awareness.