A Simple Theory for God

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Walker

Re: A Simple Theory for God

Post by Walker »

Dontaskme wrote:There is absolutely no meaning, reason or point to life whatsoever. Life does not carry those artificially constructed attributes or qualities, they are mentally constructed ideas.
Sure there is. Meaning is found in the repetitive nature of spontaneous, naturally occurring reactions such as chemical reactions where electrons jump valence shells to balance energy as a theoretical construct that exists in principle, inasmuch as it consistently describes reality from a certain altitude of understanding. Such chemical reaction describes the natural balancing actions of energy, which is evidenced in the movement of all. These reactions can be observed independently, by different folks in different places, at different times, therefore they are theorized into conceptual laws. But don’t confuse the filter of understanding with the energy itself that is understood at the level of existence, theorized as a thought in scientific circles and naturally mirrored in the universe moving to balance. Did you like the song?
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Lacewing wrote:
Dontaskme wrote:One energy is playing all the roles in the play
Seems so, to me.
Dontaskme wrote:this one forgets its real self by playing it's not so real self.
As a friend of mine says: "What else are we supposed to do with eternity?"

I think this idea of "real self" could be very tricky. I'm not sure it's a real thing. We are vast... we are many... we are all... ?? ...how does "real" really enter into it? Who defines this "real"? If "real" is what is when everything "layered on top" is removed, why do we want that? Why don't we love the layers? Are they not art and beauty? Are they not divine creations?
We don't do anything with eternity, we are eternity expressing itself.

Don't forget we are only ever concepts playing around with concepts here. What is real but the concept itself. It's like the word water is not the actual water, yet there is no water without the concept.

And yes, it is tricky, words are sticky...they have a tendency to stick like a post-it note to itself.

Yes, it's all beauty, the art work of no thing, free and boundless infinity expressing itself.....it belongs to no one...it is all one.
Last edited by Dontaskme on Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Lacewing wrote:
Walker wrote:
Lacewing wrote: What is always present -- that is God?

Is God the "creator"? What did God create?
Remember the sweaty hands.
Oh here we go... you retreat into your insanity. It's safe there. You don't have to admit anything that might be fucked up about your logic.

Grow up, Walker. You're such a big avoidance baby.
Walker wrote:Well, what I see as particularly significant to philosophy out of the listed characteristics thus far identified, is:

Concepts are not always present.
Right, it was your stupid-ass "list", which contorted things to end up at this meaningless point, which you will now focus on because it keeps you from responding to anything else that makes sense.

You said: "Only what is always present is God."

Please explain what you see this to be.
:lol:

Well it's plain as day. If it was a snake it would've bit you.

We need to see some progress here, or here it stays.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Dontaskme wrote:Don't forget we are only ever concepts playing around with concepts here. What is real but the concept itself. It's like the word water is not the actual water, yet there is no water without the concept.
Why are you telling ME "don't forget"?

Have YOU forgotten?
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Walker wrote: Sure there is. Meaning is found in the repetitive nature of spontaneous, naturally occurring reactions such as chemical reactions
Yes, I see, but always my point is that there is no thing causing these reactions, they are appearances appearing nowhere.

I haven't got to the song yet.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Lacewing wrote:
Dontaskme wrote:Don't forget we are only ever concepts playing around with concepts here. What is real but the concept itself. It's like the word water is not the actual water, yet there is no water without the concept.
Why are you telling ME "don't forget"?

Have YOU forgotten?
No it's not I that forgets, forgetting can't be known without remembering. There is no remembering unless I've forgotten. What I am is not a concept, Yet, I can only be known as a concept because I am also the concept that I'm known by but not by the concept.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Walker wrote:
Lacewing wrote:
Walker wrote:Only what is always present is God.
Please explain what you see this to be. (Asked multiple times)
Well it's plain as day... If it was a snake it would've bit you.

Ah, you can’t answer. You just spew shit that pops into your head, and that’s your reality/platform of the moment, bulked up by insane nonsense, so that you can avoid answering questions about what you say. You're not clever or funny. You're not only a coward, you're dishonorable. Fuck off.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Lacewing wrote:
Walker wrote:
Lacewing wrote: Please explain what you see this to be. (Asked multiple times)

Ah, you can’t answer. You just spew shit that pops into your head, and that’s your reality/platform of the moment, bulked up by insane nonsense, so that you can avoid answering questions about what you say. You're not clever or funny. You're not only a coward, you're dishonorable. Fuck off.
Lacewing, ...Walker is actually very switched on regarding nondual understanding. I can see it, but it seems you don't, but that's okay, I'm not criticizing your judgement of Walker, just making an impartial observation.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Dontaskme wrote:Lacewing, ...Walker is actually very switched on regarding nondual understanding.
Who gives a crap? It's all concepts... it doesn't mean anything, right?
Dontaskme wrote:I can see it, but it seems you don't
You love saying that sort of thing, don't you? I see plenty about Walker. He likes to spout rules but not play by them.
Dontaskme wrote:I'm not criticizing your judgement of Walker, just making an impartial observation.
For what purpose? And why do you think that what "you see" is more real/significant than anything else?
Walker

Post by Walker »

Lacewing wrote:
Walker wrote:
Lacewing wrote: Please explain what you see this to be. (Asked multiple times)

Now, don’t get all testy. If you can’t show the effort of rational, independent contemplative thought then you have the alternative of endeavoring to persevere with diligence, for now with emotion you yourself have turned it into something by studiously ignoring the all-important List of Differentiation, which you yourself began with the word God, the word that some faiths won’t even utter.

Sincere diligence upon attention objects that you feel you must pursue is an objective measure of quality, though the object of attention may be anything from a rock to a star, or a rockstar. Therefore the advantage of inserting significance as defined by appropriateness to arrive at any specific instance of pertinence is obvious. :wink:

Logic and the way of things suggests that there are many references from varied cultures throughout the rich history of mankind to discover the ineffable’s all-pervasive ever-presence, and technology has made book-learnin easy for you to pursue your interest in bolstering your Theories of Commonality (God) that connect all differentiated folks (ever-presence).
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Greta wrote: :lol: I don't have to say anything. When you go into hysteria, you reveal the emptiness of your ideas. After all, if you are so clearly maladjusted it's a poor advertisement for your paradigms.
To be sane in an insane world one has to be out of their fucking mind.And that's what I am.

What the hell do you think enlightenment means? you seem to have this preconceived idea that it's some holier than thou, whiter than white, purer than pure entity that never said boo to a goose... some thing that was never allowed to say the word fucking c**t

So let me enlighten you...Enlightenment simply means angry words arise, but they are not the person, the person is also an arising... an arising of guess what, it's that no thing again rearing it's ugly head...oh my God.. put it away.

As for ''new agers with broad abstract beliefs about love who become shockingly vicious when challenged.'' your thoughts not mine...Only true love allows anger to be - that love is everything including anger.....real love is seeing through the illusion of conditional love into the unconditional love of oneness...so me thinks you need to work on the true meaning of the word love and oneness.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Walker, you're not willing to explain your own words. You made claims about what God is and isn't, and spewed some stupid logic:
Walker wrote:God is specific. God is always present. All, is not always present. Therefore, all is not God. Only what is always present is God.
Trying to blame the discussion on me, does not explain your own words. You're making shit up, and then refusing to discuss the reasoning. That keeps it just where you want it. So there's nothing more to explore with you.
Last edited by Lacewing on Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Love this tune, reminds of the film ''Joe verses the volcano'', love that film too.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Lacewing wrote:Walker, you're not willing to explain your own words. You made claims about what God is and isn't, and spewed some stupid logic:
Walker wrote:God is specific. God is always present. All, is not always present. Therefore, all is not God. Only what is always present is God.
Trying to blame the discussion on me, does not explain your own words. You're making shit up, and then refusing to discuss the reasoning. That keeps it just where you want it. So there's nothing more to explore with you.
What part of ineffable do you not understand.
In … or eff?
Maybe able.

You need but listen
Listen for what lifts heart to mind
Listen for the ever-present
What you find
Is the God
You seek to define
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Walker wrote:What part of ineffable do you not understand.
Then why are you saying anything about it at all? Why does it only become ineffable when you don't want to explain your claims?