New religions are needed. The old ones are fallacious.

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

osgart

New religions are needed. The old ones are fallacious.

Post by osgart »

The subjective experience of the soul demands a new religion based on truthfulness compassion and the quest for what is holy and divine. Spirituality and life eternal deserve pursuit.
A church of the quest for life and truth true and just would be a joy to attend.
Such a noble idea as preaching and teaching. The betterment of the soul towards a holy understanding to bring joy and peace to the people. These are ideas that deserve new forms of religion. The old religions are filled with delusions and hypocritical judgments.
But the ideas of preaching and teaching are beautiful ones. Humanity needs to discover the joy of truthfulness and goodness.
Especially in a dying world where evil is rampant.
Lacewing

Re: New religions are needed. The old ones are fallacious.

Post by Lacewing »

osgart wrote:The subjective experience of the soul demands a new religion based on truthfulness compassion and the quest for what is holy and divine. Spirituality and life eternal deserve pursuit.
A church of the quest for life and truth true and just would be a joy to attend.
Such a noble idea as preaching and teaching. The betterment of the soul towards a holy understanding to bring joy and peace to the people. These are ideas that deserve new forms of religion. The old religions are filled with delusions and hypocritical judgments.
But the ideas of preaching and teaching are beautiful ones. Humanity needs to discover the joy of truthfulness and goodness.
Especially in a dying world where evil is rampant.
I think this might require a more evolved consciousness than where many humans are right now. And when consciousness IS more evolved, there may likely be no point to religions (or being preached at). An evolved consciousness is more capable of connecting and seeing in ways that bring immediate understanding and cooperation and love. Prior to reaching that point, life can be an intoxicated and writhing mess. My guess is that if/when one/we "get there", there is no use for old ideas and methods... on all sorts of levels. Old entanglements will immediately be fully recognized for the pointless fears and distractions they are -- and evolved consciousness will automatically and continually attune to broader clarity. Perhaps religions can be succeeded with love and celebration for all in life as it is. :) Maybe there could be "Celebration Festivals" -- as that alone could be as transformative as anyone could hope for.
Last edited by Lacewing on Fri Dec 16, 2016 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

All religions, past, present and future are the bane of mankind and our most dangerous institution.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

bobevenson wrote:All religions, past, present and future are the bane of mankind and our most dangerous institution.
Bob, do you ever consider that "things as they are" are a necessary exploration/step toward discovering what's better? It seems that you like to rant about how terrible everything is as it is -- but what if it's all demonstrating the magnificent potential of creation?
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

Lacewing wrote:
bobevenson wrote:All religions, past, present and future are the bane of mankind and our most dangerous institution.
Bob, do you ever consider that "things as they are" are a necessary exploration/step toward discovering what's better? It seems that you like to rant about how terrible everything is as it is -- but what if it's all demonstrating the magnificent potential of creation?
OK, then answer me this, what keeps me from buying a bottle of liquor on Sunday? It's Christianity. And Islam would cover the other six days if it could, right? If you want to get into the magnificent potential of creation, you would do well to consult Revelation 17:17.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

bobevenson wrote:OK, then answer me this,
Bob, why can't you show the courtesy and courage of answering my questions instead of launching into more of your tirade? Fuck your tirade (and lame-ass bible quoting). Nobody cares. Speak for yourself. Can't you think of anything besides all that? Stop being a big baby, and think beyond your grievances.
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

Lacewing wrote:
bobevenson wrote:OK, then answer me this,
Bob, why can't you show the courtesy and courage of answering my questions instead of launching into more of your tirade? Fuck your tirade (and lame-ass bible quoting). Nobody cares. Speak for yourself. Can't you think of anything besides all that? Stop being a big baby, and think beyond your grievances.
The first 65 books of the Bible are merely wrapping paper for Revelation, the 66th, and I only make reference to that single book and "The Ouzo Prophecy" in this godforsaken existence (please keep in mind that I say this as a divinely inspired prophet of all things spiritual, political and economic)!
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

bobevenson wrote:The first 65 books of the Bible are merely wrapping paper for Revelation, the 66th, and I only make reference to that single book and "The Ouzo Prophecy" in this godforsaken existence (please keep in mind that I say this as a divinely inspired prophet of all things spiritual, political and economic)!
Oh for god's sake... you're such a fucking coward and psychotic babbling parrot. Nobody believes your crap... NOBODY except YOU and your blow-up doll.
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

Lacewing wrote:
bobevenson wrote:The first 65 books of the Bible are merely wrapping paper for Revelation, the 66th, and I only make reference to that single book and "The Ouzo Prophecy" in this godforsaken existence (please keep in mind that I say this as a divinely inspired prophet of all things spiritual, political and economic)!
Oh for god's sake... you're such a fucking coward and psychotic babbling parrot. Nobody believes your crap... NOBODY except YOU and your blow-up doll.
a) How am I a coward?
b) A parrot is not divinely inspired.
c) Nobody believed John on the isle of Patmos either.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

bobevenson wrote: a) How am I a coward?
Because you don't answer questions that are put to you for the purpose of thinking/moving beyond your same old drivel. Instead, you retreat into the same old drivel that you've repeated a thousand times. You seek the safety of what's known to you, rather than branching out and exploring more. That's cowardly.
bobevenson wrote:b) A parrot is not divinely inspired.
Exactly! It's just intoxicated with its crackers.
bobevenson wrote:c) Nobody believed John on the isle of Patmos either.
For very good reasons! Not all people are delusional and/or easily captivated by those who are. You, on the other hand, seem to have come to the conclusion that it's somehow uniquely clever and important to obsess over the same small set of meaningless trivia... rather than facing and embracing the ENTIRE SCOPE AND POTENTIAL of all that is newly apparent in any given moment. Seriously, how can you be that condensed and immobile in your thinking?
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

I'm sorry, but I just keep on lighting the lights and following the formalities of spiritual truth, even when it's all for naught. -à la Norman Bates in Psycho
Last edited by bobevenson on Fri Dec 16, 2016 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

bobevenson wrote: OK, then answer me this, what keeps me from buying a bottle of liquor on Sunday? It's Christianity.
Maybe where you live, or you're just not paying attention. I can buy liquor on Sundays, there are only 4 days in the year when I cannot because the store is closed, and those days are not always on a Sunday. Thanksgiving is definitely not on a Sunday.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

bobevenson wrote:I'm sorry, but I just keep lighting the lights and following the formalities of spiritual truth, even when it's all for naught.
I'm guessing that most of us are sorry that you keep looping in nonsense. :)
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

bobevenson wrote: c) Nobody believed John on the isle of Patmos either.
Just because John wasn't believed, didn't make him right, and just because people don't believe you, doesn't make you right either. It turned out that John was right, but not because no-one believed him, and you are wrong simply because you are wrong.
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

Lacewing wrote:
bobevenson wrote:I'm sorry, but I just keep lighting the lights and following the formalities of spiritual truth, even when it's all for naught.
I'm guessing that most of us are sorry that you keep looping in nonsense.
Well, that's not exactly what the spokesman for the Spiritual Counterfeits Project said.