This is incontrovertible proof that God is evil. God does not live by his own golden rule.

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Greatest I am

This is incontrovertible proof that God is evil. God does not live by his own golden rule.

Post by Greatest I am »

God kills when he could just as easily cure. This is irrefutable.

This is a clear violation of the golden rule. The golden rule as articulated by Jesus.

God then is clearly evil.

Do you agree with Jesus that anyone who breaks the golden rule is evil?

Regards
DL
Philosophy Explorer

Re: This is incontrovertible proof that God is evil. God does not live by his own golden rule.

Post by Philosophy Explorer »

Greatest I am wrote:This is incontrovertible proof that God is evil. God does not live by his own golden rule.

This is a clear violation of the golden rule. The golden rule as articulated by Jesus.

Regards
DL
That's not the Golden Rule. The Golden Rule says do unto others as others would do unto you. You've confused yourself.

PhilX
Greatest I am

Re: This is incontrovertible proof that God is evil. God does not live by his own golden rule.

Post by Greatest I am »

Philosophy Explorer wrote:
Greatest I am wrote:This is incontrovertible proof that God is evil. God does not live by his own golden rule.

Regards
DL
That's not the Golden Rule. The Golden Rule says do unto others as others would do unto you. You've confused yourself.

PhilX
You have confused me.

Are you saying that humans would use genocide and kill the Gods when we could cure them?

Are you saying that humans are as immoral as God?

Regards
DL
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

"For God hath put in their hearts to fulfil his will, and to agree, and give their kingdom unto the beast, until the words of God shall be fulfilled." -Revelation 17:17 (a description of the beast with 7 heads and 10 horns in chapter and verse)
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

bobevenson wrote:"For God hath put in their hearts to fulfil his will, and to agree, and give their kingdom unto the beast, until the words of God shall be fulfilled." -Revelation 17:17 (a description of the beast with 7 heads and 10 horns in chapter and verse)
Your head count is off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBShN8qT4lk

Regards
DL
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Greatest I am wrote:God kills when he could just as easily cure.
This is a good point. And I think there are countless points that demonstrate there is no sense or consistency in many of the concepts and excuses made for a god. Such as when mankind defines a god in his image, and excuses that god for all kinds of atrocities, and claims that any theist atrocities are forgiven and/or sanctioned by the god. That's such a racket!
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

Lacewing wrote:
Greatest I am wrote:God kills when he could just as easily cure.
This is a good point. And I think there are countless points that demonstrate there is no sense or consistency in many of the concepts and excuses made for a god. Such as when mankind defines a god in his image, and excuses that god for all kinds of atrocities, and claims that any theist atrocities are forgiven and/or sanctioned by the god. That's such a racket!
Thanks.

It has mostly been about money for sure.

Regards
DL
osgart

Post by osgart »

Does God love thy neighbor as Himself?
The earth is His footstool. That makes us neighbors. At least put up a mailbox.
TSBU

Post by TSBU »

God is based in what is called "dogmatic faith", and that's not a lie or an insult, that's what the church says.
After that, there is no sense in talking about god with arguments based in reality or logic, god is above "human logic", and, again, that's a church argument.

So, let it be.
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

osgart wrote:Does God love thy neighbor as Himself?
The earth is His footstool. That makes us neighbors. At least put up a mailbox.
I cannot see how a God could be said to love his people when he stays away from them.

A loving God would be about to show that love.

Regards
DL
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

TSBU wrote:God is based in what is called "dogmatic faith", and that's not a lie or an insult, that's what the church says.
After that, there is no sense in talking about god with arguments based in reality or logic, god is above "human logic", and, again, that's a church argument.

So, let it be.
So you think we should let lying priests, preachers and imams lie to us without pointing out their obvious lies.

That is hardly what I would call a moral position.

You are correct that faith is not subject to logic and reason. Therein lies its harm to a human mind.

Faith closes the mind. It is pure idol worship.

Faith is a way to quit using, "God given" power of Reason and Logic, and cause the faithful to embrace doctrines that moral people reject.

The God of the O T says, “Come now, and let us reason together,” [Isaiah 1:18]

How can literalists reason on God when they must ignore reason and logic and discard them when turning into literalist?

Those who are literalists can only reply somewhat in the fashion that Martin Luther did.
“Faith must trample under foot all reason, sense, and understanding.”
“Reason is a whore, the greatest enemy that faith has.”

This attitude effectively kills all worthy communication that non-theists can have with theist. Faith closes the mind as it is pure idol worship.

Literalism is an evil practice that hides the true messages of myths. We cannot show our faith based friends that they are wrong through their faith colored glasses. Their faith also plugs their ears.

Regards
DL
TSBU

Post by TSBU »

Greatest I am wrote:
So you think we should let lying priests, preachers and imams lie to us without pointing out their obvious lies.
How old are you? That was my answer years ago. And sometimes, very few, I may try to explain to a person with faith what I think, but there are more important lies that nearly everybody share in my opinion.

I have "friends" who are soldiers... you are talking about lies that usually take lots of years, with the help of family, lies that change their psichology, and create a new focus in their minds, so when they are very sad, they "talk with god", when they are very happy, they "thanks god", when they feel alone, they are with god. You can't change that easily, and, in many cases, I think you shouldn't. For example, many people start believing in god when they got the doctor's result.

Many people believe in god or things like that, without believing in religion or following any church in the present, and it has no many implications in their life (if it has any), they are generally "good" people, and they use it as a mantra. It's not different at all from budhism or other kinds of meditation, they "need it". believing in life after death etc was here before being homo sapiens. More than half of the world believe in god.

Well, you won't change that in internet or in any other place, no matter how good you are sharing your thoughts, no matter how good they are in your mind, no matter how far would youcome to show truth. People can die because of their beliefs, and religion is usually a deep one.
That is hardly what I would call a moral position.
It's a realistic one. You can't take every homeless to your home, and believing in god or things like that, faith in a good ending, is like drug... but no so bad. In fact, lots of times, people who start beleving in god, have more chances of stop believing in crack.
You are correct that faith is not subject to logic and reason. Therein lies its harm to a human mind.
The little guy talking about god in a church isn't usually an evil man, or parents talking with their children, etc. Yep, many people take advantage of the lie, etc. But you can't change that in a great scale. Just say "I don't belive in god", and explain something to people who want to know if they want to know. Otherwise, all you do is creating a new flag, a new enemy, and growing the religion fire.
Faith closes the mind. It is pure idol worship.

Not only that, but many times yes.
Faith is a way to quit using, "God given" power of Reason and Logic, and cause the faithful to embrace doctrines that moral people reject.
Not only, but many times yes.

This is a boring topic. If you think that you are going to change anybodys mind, go on till you are tired.
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

If you see evil and that is your best advice, then you are a great candidate to hear this truth.

For evil to grow, all good people need do is nothing.

Go advise the immoral to do nothing. I am busy doing something.

Ignore religious homophobia and misogyny until you have a woman or gay in your family suffer discrimination without a just cause. Then wonder why you did nothing.

Regards
DL
Walker

Post by Walker »

Regards
DL
In a venn diagram illustrating the relationship, a smaller circle of eternity is not surrounded by a larger circle called the lifespan of a single human.

The labels are actually reversed. The larger circle is eternity. The smaller circle that is enclosed by eternity is a single lifetime.

The smaller circle shares a little area with the larger circle, like a bullseye on a target. The rest of the space that is encompassed by the larger circle has nothing at all in common with the smaller circle, except for an infinitesimally tiny point where the smaller circle grazes the inner boundary of the larger circle while occupying that point of same space, that is unless the bullseye is dead center, then the relatively small circle doesn’t graze eternity anywhere at a commonly shared circumference point.

Within that smaller circle is all that man knows, and within that smaller sphere is the Golden Rule.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnFARtoXWvM
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

Walker wrote:

Regards
DL
In a venn diagram illustrating the relationship, a smaller circle of eternity is not surrounded by a larger circle called the lifespan of a single human.

The labels are actually reversed. The larger circle is eternity. The smaller circle that is enclosed by eternity is a single lifetime.

The smaller circle shares a little area with the larger circle, like a bullseye on a target. The rest of the space that is encompassed by the larger circle has nothing at all in common with the smaller circle, except for an infinitesimally tiny point where the smaller circle grazes the inner boundary of the larger circle while occupying that point of same space, that is unless the bullseye is dead center, then the relatively small circle doesn’t graze eternity anywhere at a commonly shared circumference point.

Within that smaller circle is all that man knows, and within that smaller sphere is the Golden Rule.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnFARtoXWvM
Thanks for this.

The issue is God and the golden rule as given by Jesus who many see as that large circle.

Should God follow his own best advice or should he say, do as I say and not as I do, given that scriptures say we should do as God does?

Regards
DL