Anyone else think gods/God is something your brain does?

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

thedoc

Re: Anyone else think gods/God is something your brain does?

Post by thedoc »

ken wrote: Would you still find it fun if harbal said, Pity, really, as by all accounts thedoc's pretty hot between the sheets. Implying that you are pretty hot with the guys in bed? If you find that perfectly okay and fun, then that is fine. But just because you might find it fun does not mean another person does.

As I have already suggested, I do not know how well harbal knows the other person. It may well have been perfectly acceptable and appropriate to both people, and if it is, then that is all that needed to be said.
But i might be completely wrong.

Why?
Since this is an internet forum, I don't have any physical contact with Harbal and probably never will, and it's only words on a screen, nothing more.

And that is the problem you don't know Harbal or me, so you have no basis for your comments.

Because you don't seem to be happy here, I was just suggesting that you find a forum that you can be happy with, but perhaps you're a Masochist.
seeds

Post by seeds »

Interjectivist wrote:
Anyone else think gods/God is something your brain does?
Hi interjectivist, and welcome to Philosophy Now forums.

Nice try at creating a new topic in the Philosophy of Religion section.

However, I am sure that by now you realize that you have entered the hallowed halls of “Our Lady of Perpetual Thread Derailment.”
_______
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

ken wrote: I could write, "By all accounts you are pretty hot in this regard", but I will not.
I think you'll find you just did.
I was just being inquisitive, to highlight how sexist remarks can cause a division within society between men and women.
Has it created a division between you and women?
thedoc's pretty hot between the sheets.
I prefer my fantasy, but to each his own, ken. By the way: Does thedoc know you are harbouring such thoughts?

But i might be completely wrong.
Yes, I agree.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

ken wrote:thedoc's pretty hot between the sheets.
Well, I'm glad the focus has shifted off of me, and onto doc. :)

But I think it's kind of inappropriate, Ken, that you would make such a statement.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Lacewing wrote: But I think it's kind of inappropriate, Ken, that you would make such a statement.
I agree, it's statements like that that cause a divide in society between men and men.
osgart

Post by osgart »

no we are programmed by too much experience in it. The ultimatums it coerces.
The brain is a transceiver of consciousness is still valid for theory until you prove their is no ethereal reality. And than you must prove that thought is a product of the brain. No scientist has proven it only assumed the claim as fact. David chalmers an atheist admits that consciousness is a total mystery.
Also fear of death drives these current religions. Many such as myself dont fear death and look at it objectively.
And i came to spirituality without god. God demands submission. We have a creator far less than god.
Everyone is their own master if they are smart enough to know it and strong enough to live it. The brain doesnt decide things for you. And natural questions about existence and creation occur to everyone. Yet fear that is not faced leads one to god thinking.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

I thought this topic had been put to bed.
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

Lacewing wrote:I thought this topic had been put to bed.
Careful, someone could take that comment the wrong way.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

thedoc wrote:
No, I think you're reading this right, doc... as, last we heard, Ken was talking about you between the sheets. It was an embarrassing and inappropriate conversation, that evidently is at risk of being revived now that you've drawn more attention to it with your selective bolding.
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

Lacewing wrote:
thedoc wrote:
No, I think you're reading this right, doc... as, last we heard, Ken was talking about you between the sheets. It was an embarrassing and inappropriate conversation, that evidently is at risk of being revived now that you've drawn more attention to it with your selective bolding.
At my stage in life it is very difficult to embarrass my, about the only thing that bothers me on line, is someone attacking someone I know, such a friend or my family. Several years ago I was making fun of a really dumb move by a couple of people, on their own forum, but when the one person started attacking my granddaughter, I got angry and ended my involvement in the exchange. Later the owners of the forum purged most of the thread to hide their embarrassment.