Is God a Metaphor?

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

kowalskil

Is God a Metaphor?

Post by kowalskil »

Dear Friends,

As you probably know, authors of essays are often eager to find readers. I am one of such authors.

That is why my mini-book, "Is God is a Metaphor?", costs less than one dollar, at http://amazon.com .

Just type the book title into their search box, and click RETURN.

This mini-book will probably trigger a debate.

I do have the pdf version of this essay; I will email it to any person who asks for this privately, in anticipation of sharing comments.

Please share this information with all who might be interested. Thank you in advance.

Ludwik Kowalski Ph.D. (See Wikipedia)

Comments will be appreciated  ===>  kowalskiL@mail.montclair.edu
Harbal

Re: Is God a Metaphor?

Post by Harbal »

I don't even have the patience to read posts of more than a couple of short paragraphs so I won't be needing your book. Don't despair though, I'm sure there will be someone with time on their hands who will have a look at it, while they're waiting for their life to turn up.
RickLewis

Post by RickLewis »

Welcome to the forum, Prof. Kowalski.

I will certainly read your book if time allows. However, you may get a more engaged philosophical response from people here if you paraphrase part of its argument in this thread so it can be discussed here. If members of the forum find your arguments sufficiently interesting they can always locate your book from the link you have already provided.

By the way, this thread is really in the wrong section of the forum, so I'll move it to the general section in a day or two.

Thanks again for joining us on this forum!
Dubious

Post by Dubious »

Hasn't this idea of God as metaphor already been examined and granted every kind of historical connotation by the likes of Joseph Campbell & C.G.Jung? Whereas I find God affirmed as an independent existence thoroughly boring since nothing much remains to say about it when given that conclusion, God as metaphor can provide the kind of insights which move peoples and civilizations forward. Instead of "Das Ewig Weibliche Zieht Uns Hinan", the invocation could instead be rendered as Das Ewig Gottliche Zieht Uns Hinan since it's the metaphor which allows us to participate on more than ONE variable as decided by scripture.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

kowalskil wrote:Is God a Metaphor?
For what?