Is recognition that Jews have the best ideology of the Abrahamic cults the reason Muslims and Christians hate Jews?

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Greatest I am

Is recognition that Jews have the best ideology of the Abrahamic cults the reason Muslims and Christians hate Jews?

Post by Greatest I am »

http://www.pbs.org/moyers/journal/03132009/watch.html
Rabbi Hillel, the older contemporary of Jesus, said that when asked to sum up the whole of Jewish teaching, while he stood on one leg, said, "The Golden Rule. That which is hateful to you, do not do to your neighbor. That is the Torah. And everything else is only commentary. Now, go and study it."

Please listen as to what is said about literal reading.

"Origen, the great second or third century Greek commentator on the Bible said that it is absolutely impossible to take these texts literally. You simply cannot do so. And he said, "God has put these sort of conundrums and paradoxes in so that we are forced to seek a deeper meaning."

Muslims and Christians foolishly read their holy books literally, ignoring that none of the Abrahamic cults did in the past.

http://bigthink.com/videos/what-is-god-2-2

This fact makes Muslims and Christians idol worshipers. All Muslim and Christian denominations ignore that the Jesus they all profess to respect preached that we should all be God seekers and never become idol worshipers the way Muslims and Christians have done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oR02cia ... =PLCBF574D

Gnostic Christians like me were and are esoteric ecumenists. You might say that to the old Abrahamic cults of Muslims, Christians and Jews, we were the religious whores of those old days, thanks to the fact that our mystery schools would pick and choose the best tenets of all religions and work them into our Universalist creed. We would not tie ourselves down to becoming idol worshipers of imaginary demiurges the way Muslims and Christians did in ancient days and continue to do today. The fool says in his heart, I know who God is and who his prophets are.

Gnostic Christians and Jews, --- having a superior ideology and philosophy of seeking a good God, --- instead of becoming idol worshipers like Muslims and Christians, --- shared the hate and attempted genocide that Jews suffered thanks to Christians then Muslims.

Should Muslims and Christians admit their ideological deficiencies and turn their hate to love. It should be quite easy for religions that say they are all about peace and love.

I think it would be fitting for Muslims and Christians to start walking their talk and apologise to Jews and Gnostic Christians by giving them the recognition for excellence in religious matters.

Regards
DL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMJATBMebj8
bobevenson

Re: Is recognition that Jews have the best ideology of the Abrahamic cults the reason Muslims and Christians hate Jews?

Post by bobevenson »

Greatest I am wrote:Is recognition that Jews have the best ideology of the Abrahamic cults the reason Muslims and Christians hate Jews?
I don't know about that, but the fact that Jews practice and support the barbaric act of circumcision on babies would be a pretty good reason!
vegetariantaxidermy

Re: Is recognition that Jews have the best ideology of the Abrahamic cults the reason Muslims and Christians hate Jews?

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

bobevenson wrote:
Greatest I am wrote:Is recognition that Jews have the best ideology of the Abrahamic cults the reason Muslims and Christians hate Jews?
I don't know about that, but the fact that Jews practice and support the barbaric act of circumcision on babies would be a pretty good reason!
As if kristians don't do that too. Muslims even circumcise females!
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Perhaps the reason judaism comes across as far more rational than either of the other two is that it encourages debate and questions (a side effect of this is that it creates a lot of atheists :D ) And kristians probably hate atheists as much as they hate jews. In fact they hate pretty much everyone.
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote:
bobevenson wrote:
The Church of Ouzo, of course, is based entirely on the book of Revelation and "The Ouzo Prophecy" and disdains all religion, the most dangerous of our institutions.
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

bobevenson wrote:
Some are starting to call that MGM because of our fight against FGM but I doubt if that is the reason because much of the rest of the world uses MGM.

I would agree that there is no need for either FGM or MGM and those who think a penis looks better without it think so due to cultural conditioning reasons.

Mine is prettier than your is. La, la, la la, la.

Regards
DL
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote:
bobevenson wrote:
Not to argue but if Muslims just stuck to cutting excess and unimportant skin, we would likely not be talking of FGM.

Some methods of cutting are benign but, unfortunately, FGM often includes the cutting off of the clitoris.

I have heard Muslim women saying that Muslim men are waging a war against female orgasm.

I think it is a part of their insecurity as men.

Regards
DL
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote:Perhaps the reason judaism comes across as far more rational than either of the other two is that it encourages debate and questions (a side effect of this is that it creates a lot of atheists :D ) And kristians probably hate atheists as much as they hate jews. In fact they hate pretty much everyone.
It is strange that the religions of love and peace have so much hate and war.

Regards
DL
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: As if kristians don't do that too. Muslims even circumcise females!
Not just Muslims.

The prevalence of FGM is correlated with its existence in those places in pre-Christian and pre-Muslim times; it isn't a new practice that came in with those religions.

Jews escape being included by the 'no true Scotsman' ploy. Where Jews have practised FGM they are classed as 'not real Jews'.