Fellow religionists. The non-affiliated and secular people mean our religions no harm. Why do you choose to kill them?

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Greatest I am

Fellow religionists. The non-affiliated and secular people mean our religions no harm. Why do you choose to kill them?

Post by Greatest I am »

Sometimes we religious people bring needless oppression to the non-affiliated and secular people. We religionists often think we should use force to impose our ideology unto others who think differently. Some call these Inquisitions and Jihad. In my case, I use the force of argument and nothing else.

The non-affiliated and secular people do not hate us religious people. They just see us as idol worshipers with good minds that we have allowed to be compromised by faith and delusional supernatural thinking.

Knowing that non-affiliated people only feel pity for us religious people, --- and more importantly, --- mean us no harm, --- why do you choose to kill non-affiliated and secular people?

You and I have no just cause. If you think you do, please articulate it.

I do not expect many replies from my fellow religionists to this question so let me end without a question but a plea instead.

Fellow religionists please stop killing the non-affiliated and secular people who only feel pity for the way we religious people think.

Killing those who wish us no harm is rude.

Regards
DL
Philosophy Explorer

Re: Fellow religionists. The non-affiliated and secular people mean our religions no harm. Why do you choose to kill the

Post by Philosophy Explorer »

Greatest I am wrote:Fellow religionists. The non-affiliated and secular people mean our religions no harm. Why do you choose to kill them?

Sometimes we religious people bring needless oppression to the non-affiliated and secular people. We religionists often think we should use force to impose our ideology unto others who think differently. Some call these Inquisitions and Jihad. In my case, I use the force of argument and nothing else.

The non-affiliated and secular people do not hate us religious people. They just see us as idol worshipers with good minds that we have allowed to be compromised by faith and delusional supernatural thinking.

Knowing that non-affiliated people only feel pity for us religious people, --- and more importantly, --- mean us no harm, --- why do you choose to kill non-affiliated and secular people?

You and I have no just cause. If you think you do, please articulate it.

I do not expect many replies from my fellow religionists to this question so let me end without a question but a plea instead.

Fellow religionists please stop killing the non-affiliated and secular people who only feel pity for the way we religious people think.

Killing those who wish us no harm is rude.

Regards
DL
Do you have specific examples in mind?

PhilX
Greatest I am

Re: Fellow religionists. The non-affiliated and secular people mean our religions no harm. Why do you choose to kill the

Post by Greatest I am »

Philosophy Explorer wrote:
Do you have specific examples in mind?

PhilX
No.

Mine was a general and overall view.

Regards
DL
osgart

Post by osgart »

i dont choose to kill but why do they deny the existence of heart and will being secular. They deduce reality to something shallow and menial. They dont speak the same language and deny the existence of soul.
osgart

Post by osgart »

it almost seems like mind tricks and social conditioning when secularists talk.
osgart

Post by osgart »

islamists and christians force their ideology and conformations and i am glad i have my own religion based on free will and charity towards all. Innocence and mercy too all i wish regardless of belief or conviction . And may the truly guilty of harming the harmless get what they truly deserve. I have met good folks in secularism and religion.
May the divine truth bless you all.
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

osgart wrote:i dont choose to kill but why do they deny the existence of heart and will being secular. They deduce reality to something shallow and menial. They dont speak the same language and deny the existence of soul.
Is it not God who decides who he will grant knowledge of himself to?

You should honor his choice as it may have a purpose you do n9ot yet see.

Regards
DL
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

osgart wrote:it almost seems like mind tricks and social conditioning when secularists talk.
There is a right and left to secularism just as there is in religion.

A wise bird knows that too much to one side or the other and all he will fly in will be circles.

That includes you my friend. Balance is key.

Regards
DL
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

osgart wrote:islamists and christians force their ideology and conformations and i am glad i have my own religion based on free will and charity towards all. Innocence and mercy too all i wish regardless of belief or conviction . And may the truly guilty of harming the harmless get what they truly deserve. I have met good folks in secularism and religion.
May the divine truth bless you all.
Truth cannot bless. It can only be known. Only God can bless. Those who bless in his name are liars and hypocrites.

Regards
DL
osgart

Post by osgart »

Well some people use their convictions for good be it secular or religious. And others for a cloak of malice both religious and secular.
My religion is to seek divine truth . I condemn none for being totally different than me. My religion is non conformist with one commandment. To be innocent of harming the harmless at heart. Other than that have any belief or conviction you want secular or religious. God is far more interested in the heart than the mind. I dont believe total differences bother God one bit.
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

osgart wrote:Well some people use their convictions for good be it secular or religious. And others for a cloak of malice both religious and secular.
My religion is to seek divine truth . I condemn none for being totally different than me. My religion is non conformist with one commandment. To be innocent of harming the harmless at heart. Other than that have any belief or conviction you want secular or religious. God is far more interested in the heart than the mind. I dont believe total differences bother God one bit.
God may not be bothered, but to many, their God is bothered, and unfortunately, they act on that bother in immoral ways.

Regards
DL