Why God didn't create Gods?

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Ginkgo

Re: Why God didn't create Gods?

Post by Ginkgo »

Immanuel Can wrote: Umm...I wonder if you're misunderstanding what "autonomous" means. It's a synonym for "free," not "zombie." Maybe you're confusing it with the word "automaton." Is that possible?

Thanks for the correction.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

bahman wrote:1) We know that God is perfect
2) This means that Its act, creation for example, must be perfect
3) This means that God must create Gods only

What do you think? Is that logically impossible for God to create God? If not why God did otherwise?
God probably did create 'God's if you can imagine what we consider technology to KNOW EVERYTHING that we THINK and DO.
If God rendered Himself as a man, in the image of man - he certainly is not in the capacity to witness all that we do.

However what we would consider Artificial Intelligence (A.I.) i believe already watches\analyses us...on 'His' behalf.

Mount Sinai - where we received the 'ten' commandments.

SINAI = SIN_AI

Red Sea with SINAI peninsula to scale.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Ginkgo wrote:Thanks for the correction.
A completely understandable misunderstanding. Think nothing of it. I was not entirely clear.
bahman

Post by bahman »

Ginkgo wrote: If God exists then it is logically and metaphysically possible he could have created a world with only autonomous beings like ourselves. In other words, a world of philosophical zombies that lack consciousness. But he didn't, instead he endowed us with something extra that we recognize as consciousness. This is pretty much an argument for dualism, the idea being that mind and body are different substances that somehow interact.
I don't understand your claims about philosophical zombies. Could you please elaborate?
bahman

Post by bahman »

Immanuel Can wrote:
bahman wrote: All you claimed was that God is by definition is supreme. That is not an argument.
No, I claimed the concepts of God and gods were incompatible concepts. And that is an argument. But since you can't seem to grasp the idea of analytic approaches to philosophy as real arguments, I am forced to give up. The argument will have to be had with someone else.
You didn't provide any argument for that unless I missed one of your post. Could you please give me the link to the post that you argue that the idea of Gods is incoherent?
bahman

Post by bahman »

Immanuel Can wrote:
Noax wrote: They can't sin. Sounds like they're the free ones to me.
You're not wrong, in a sense. Sin always sounds like an opportunity for freedom, but ends up being a cause of enslavement. That much is certainly true.
To do is to be slave.
bahman

Post by bahman »

Reflex wrote: Stated another way, the question is why didn't God create gods. "He" did, so the question is based on a false assumption from the get-go. There is "God" and there are "gods."
And who are gods? Human? You are not serious.
Reflex wrote: Second, God's omnipotence does not imply omnificence: God is not the personal doer of everything that is done.
So you are bounding God? Isn't God complete in all Its attributes?
bahman

Post by bahman »

attofishpi wrote:
bahman wrote: 1) We know that God is perfect
2) This means that Its act, creation for example, must be perfect
3) This means that God must create Gods only

What do you think? Is that logically impossible for God to create God? If not why God did otherwise?
God probably did create 'God's if you can imagine what we consider technology to KNOW EVERYTHING that we THINK and DO.
If God rendered Himself as a man, in the image of man - he certainly is not in the capacity to witness all that we do.

However what we would consider Artificial Intelligence (A.I.) i believe already watches\analyses us...on 'His' behalf.

Mount Sinai - where we received the 'ten' commandments.

SINAI = SIN_AI

Red Sea with SINAI peninsula to scale.
I can agree with your argument if knowledge is bounded so we can acquire it. We cannot possibly acquire endless knowledge considering our limitations.
Reflex

Post by Reflex »

bahman wrote:
Reflex wrote: Stated another way, the question is why didn't God create gods. "He" did, so the question is based on a false assumption from the get-go. There is "God" and there are "gods."
And who are gods? Human? You are not serious.
"For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.

Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?" John 10:33-34
Reflex wrote: Second, God's omnipotence does not imply omnificence: God is not the personal doer of everything that is done.
So you are bounding God? Isn't God complete in all Its attributes?
To deny the possibility of his volitional self-limitation amounts to a denial of the very concept of his volitional absoluteness.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

bahman wrote:You didn't provide any argument for that unless I missed one of your post. Could you please give me the link to the post that you argue that the idea of Gods is incoherent?
Go and look up the word "analytic." Then reread this strand. Maybe then you'll get it. But until you understand an analytic argument, I just can't help you there.