Is there a State of Everlasting Bliss?

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Dalek Prime

Re: Is there a State of Everlasting Bliss?

Post by Dalek Prime »

Lacewing wrote:
Dalek Prime wrote:Two people caused my existence.
Why was it YOUR existence and not somebody else's existence? Those two people could have had countless variations of offspring. So why you? How can they be the only factors to consider?
Because they made the decision to create me. Four wasn't enough, apparently. Why, who should I hold responsible? Your parents? Some nebulous, imaginary creator? No. I'll blame the ones who actually did it, thanks.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Dalek Prime wrote:
Lacewing wrote:
Dalek Prime wrote:Two people caused my existence.
Why was it YOUR existence and not somebody else's existence? Those two people could have had countless variations of offspring. So why you? How can they be the only factors to consider?
Because they made the decision to create me. Four wasn't enough, apparently. Why, who should I hold responsible? Your parents?
No, they didn't make the decision to create YOU... they didn't even KNOW you. They made the decision (or not) to create SOMEBODY. You just happen to be pissed off that it was you who was created. I don't think anybody is to blame. Why do you need to hold someone responsible?
Dalek Prime

Post by Dalek Prime »

Lacewing wrote:
Dalek Prime wrote:
Lacewing wrote: Why was it YOUR existence and not somebody else's existence? Those two people could have had countless variations of offspring. So why you? How can they be the only factors to consider?
Because they made the decision to create me. Four wasn't enough, apparently. Why, who should I hold responsible? Your parents?
No, they didn't make the decision to create YOU... they didn't even KNOW you. They made the decision (or not) to create SOMEBODY. You just happen to be pissed off that it was you who was created. I don't think anybody is to blame. Why do you need to hold someone responsible?
Fine. They didn't do it. Happy now? It was a fucking stork, dropping a randomly generated baby. The whole point is, there is no guarantee that a potential will like this random 'gift'. And making that decision for the potential is just not right. That decision will last a lifetime.

And why is this shit necessary? Because we can?

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/amp.theguar ... id-bell-ca
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Dalek Prime wrote:Fine. They didn't do it. Happy now? It was a fucking stork, dropping a randomly generated baby.
Okay, now we're getting to the truth. :)
Dalek Prime wrote:The whole point is, there is no guarantee that a potential will like this random 'gift'.
I agree!!!
Dalek Prime wrote:And making that decision for the potential is just not right. That decision will last a lifetime.
But nobody makes the decision based on any certainty of any particular potential. Nobody is to blame. It just happens. You are a freak accident.
Dalek Prime

Post by Dalek Prime »

Lacewing wrote:
Dalek Prime wrote:Fine. They didn't do it. Happy now? It was a fucking stork, dropping a randomly generated baby.
Okay, now we're getting to the truth. :) Lol! Nice one! :lol:
Dalek Prime wrote:The whole point is, there is no guarantee that a potential will like this random 'gift'.
I agree!!!
Dalek Prime wrote:And making that decision for the potential is just not right. That decision will last a lifetime.
But nobody makes the decision based on any certainty of any particular potential. Nobody is to blame. It just happens. You are a freak accident. Lack of foresight is no excuse for fucking up this badly, when it comes to a lifetime sentence. 'Whoops, sorry' doesn't begin to cut it as an excuse.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Dalek Prime wrote: Lack of foresight is no excuse for fucking up this badly, when it comes to a lifetime sentence.
WHO was supposed to have foresight that YOU were going to be the one born, and that you wouldn't be happy about it?

Should all the other beings who want to be born and see what they can do with it, be cheated out of that potential because of the particular potential you think is not at all worth risking?
Dalek Prime

Post by Dalek Prime »

Lacewing wrote:
Dalek Prime wrote: Lack of foresight is no excuse for fucking up this badly, when it comes to a lifetime sentence.
WHO was supposed to have foresight that YOU were going to be the one born, and that you wouldn't be happy about it?

Should all the other beings who want to be born and see what they can do with it, be cheated out of that potential because of the particular potential you think is not at all worth risking?
Get it through your head. If something doesn't exist, something isn't cheated of existence. It only matters to an actual extant. No one is ever born to do them a fucking favour. The potential for ill is only created when a consciousness is created. And everyone knows of that potential. Don't say we don't. Would you send a child to cross a street in traffic? Perhaps, but you know there is potential for tragedy.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Dalek Prime wrote:If something doesn't exist, something isn't cheated of existence.
That makes sense.
Dalek Prime wrote:The potential for ill is only created when a consciousness is created. And everyone knows of that potential. Don't say we don't.
That potential is not alone. If it were, then we could be pissed off. The truth is, UNLIMITED POTENTIAL is involved. So it doesn't make sense to rage against the possibility of ONE, does it?
Dalek Prime

Post by Dalek Prime »

Lacewing wrote:
Dalek Prime wrote:If something doesn't exist, something isn't cheated of existence.
That makes sense.
Dalek Prime wrote:The potential for ill is only created when a consciousness is created. And everyone knows of that potential. Don't say we don't.
That potential is not alone. If it were, then we could be pissed off. The truth is, UNLIMITED POTENTIAL is involved. So it doesn't make sense to rage against the possibility of ONE, does it?
It does if you are the one. Nobody else gives a shit, because they are satisfied customers. Oh, let me throw a party for the rest of you happy customers. :roll:
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Dalek Prime wrote:Oh, let me throw a party for the rest of you happy customers. :roll:
Oh, will you? Thanks Dalek! That would be really nice! What a good sport you are. :D
Dalek Prime

Post by Dalek Prime »

Lacewing wrote:
Dalek Prime wrote:Oh, let me throw a party for the rest of you happy customers. :roll:
Oh, will you? Thanks Dalek! That would be really nice! What a good sport you are. :D
I'll even eat a shit sandwich and grin happily doing so, just for the general happiness of every other extant. Par-tay! :lol:

(It was actually nice talking to ya, Lace. Night night.)
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

bobevenson wrote:No!
Love hurts

LOVE cannot hurt.

Love hurts only in the context that you think it is something to get..and when you don't get it, that hurts.

In life, everything is thriving because of love... and at the same time falling apart because of love.

But LOVE is not a commodity or a weapon to be used for profit and gain, this love is egocentric behaviour, (the misery self)

Thinking you don't have love and that it is something to get is born of fear separation and lack.

That is a lie.

You are LOVE..everything is love.

If people choose to be spiteful mean and nasty to others, they are sidestepping the road toward natural joy and bliss of ordinary life.

Just try loving every thing for what they are, no matter who they are, or what they've said or done, and just see how good you'll feel.

When we don't love others, it's because we don't love ourself.

It's not rocket science. it's the number 1 rule of love, because love is all there is, everything else is a lie.

LOVE does not demand. LOVE allows.
Last edited by Dontaskme on Wed Sep 28, 2016 7:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Lacewing wrote:
What I would really like to hear, if you are willing/able, is how your realizations affect/change your own actual life? How do you use them to improve your experience? How do you anticipate that other people can use such realizations to affect/change their lives?
We cannot change the world (so forget that) we can only change our self.

How we feel on the inside, will reflect outside. (if everyone is doing same, where is the problem?)

By this standard nothing actually changes, except we stop reacting to what happens and instead we accept what happens unconditionally.

Before enlightenment chop wood carry water, after enlightenment chop wood carry water, but the difference now is that after enlightenment the wood chopping and the water carrying is a sweet activity...not a drudge to be avoided. It's about dropping all accumulated mental baggage including the sense of separate 'me' and living effortlessly free and doing what comes naturally.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Dalek Prime wrote: It does if you are the one. Nobody else gives a shit, because they are satisfied customers. Oh, let me throw a party for the rest of you happy customers. :roll:
Death is life's reward.
Greta

Post by Greta »

Dontaskme wrote:
Greta wrote:
I have read all this stuff many times before. I was keen on Buddhism in my 20s. "No thing ever happened" in a very broad sense but my objection was always practical. That is, if you don't treat things as though they are really happening, then the reality of being a biological being hits home fast. A creature of matter lives in the world of matter, and is subject to that world 24/7, no matter what cool things might be swirling around in said creature's head.
I too have read what you are saying so many times before.

You are right of course, things are happening, there is no one who can deny that, but what's happening is not happening to any individual personal self. Identification with a personal self is mis-identification with the wrong self. But yes this energy has to play itself out the way it does, and that is to feel as if there is a real separate character in life, and yes, this idea has to play the fictional character if we are to live sanely in the world. But there is a difference between knowing and not knowing life for a separate self is an illusion. Knowing nothing happens to 'me' but to life sometimes helps the character to face what ever comes it's way come what may. That's basically it. This is it. It's a happening. But not to you. There is no you.

If there's just life living itself without beginning or end. Where in that life.. would a 'you' fit in? ..and 'who' or 'what' would that be?
There have been times when I've felt that everyone/thing has the same mind, just that "each portion" is shaped by morphology and circumstance. So I'm also inclined to think that we are all one life. However, we are not only one, but also separate. We are all part of larger things, we are each a thing in itself (the self), and we are each also a collection of smaller things. The self is not the whole story, but a part of it.