How God could fail to convey His message?

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Arising_uk

Re: How God could fail to convey His message?

Post by Arising_uk »

Dontaskme wrote:No one.
Did someone hear something?
Yep, nonsense, but it's fun to try and make sense of it.
Only to the nonsensical.
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

How could God fail to convey his message? Please, he didn't fail at all. Christ's letters to the seven churches (the seven continents of the world) in Revelation, Chapters 2 & 3, are actually God's unified message to mankind, revealed by distilling the message to each church and adding them together in the order of presentation: "It is not enough to merely recognize and hate evil: fear not the tribulation of Satan; fight evil wherever you find it, and do not allow it to flourish; contain evil and overcome it with perseverance and commitment to good." And if that isn't enough for you, I refer you to "For God hath put in their hearts to fulfil his will, and to agree, and give their kingdom unto the beast, until the words of God shall be fulfilled." -Revelation 17:17, a description of the beast with 7 heads and 10 horns in chapter and verse.
SpheresOfBalance

Post by SpheresOfBalance »

How God could fail to convey His message?

That's like asking, "how could Pinocchio fail to become a real boy?
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

Did God fail or did humanity fail?
Philosophy Explorer

Post by Philosophy Explorer »

bobevenson wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:52 pm How could God fail to convey his message? Please, he didn't fail at all. Christ's letters to the seven churches (the seven continents of the world) in Revelation, Chapters 2 & 3, are actually God's unified message to mankind, revealed by distilling the message to each church and adding them together in the order of presentation: "It is not enough to merely recognize and hate evil: fear not the tribulation of Satan; fight evil wherever you find it, and do not allow it to flourish; contain evil and overcome it with perseverance and commitment to good." And if that isn't enough for you, I refer you to "For God hath put in their hearts to fulfil his will, and to agree, and give their kingdom unto the beast, until the words of God shall be fulfilled." -Revelation 17:17, a description of the beast with 7 heads and 10 horns in chapter and verse.
Eight known continents now with Zealandia.

PhilX 🇺🇸
SpheresOfBalance

Post by SpheresOfBalance »

thedoc wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:05 pm Did God fail or did humanity fail?
Humanity failed when they created all their gods! But then they were exceedingly dumb and ignorant back then. The real failure of at least some humans, is that they are still as dumb or ignorant as ancient man was, in this day of scientific enlightenment. That is the real joke! ;-)
Sir-Sister-of-Suck

Post by Sir-Sister-of-Suck »

I think that there's probably is a pretty good case to be made about the fact there are thousands of different branches to Christianity. I think the rational theist would likely reply with 'skeptical theism', and state that we have to show how there is necessarily no way that God would allow for multiple interpretations of his book. But I think it could be argued that the perfect writer of a book, would have transparency in what it all means, and would not allow even the most genuine Christians to misinterpret what the bible is saying.
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

Sir-Sister-of-Suck wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:52 pm I think it could be argued that the perfect writer of a book, would have transparency in what it all means, and would not allow even the most genuine Christians to misinterpret what the bible is saying.
The prophet John on the isle of Patmos was a perfect writer of the book of Revelation, but only Bob the Baptist in the city of Cincinnati understood it and properly interpreted it in "The Ouzo Prophecy."
Sir-Sister-of-Suck

bobevenson wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:47 pm
Sir-Sister-of-Suck wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:52 pm I think it could be argued that the perfect writer of a book, would have transparency in what it all means, and would not allow even the most genuine Christians to misinterpret what the bible is saying.
The prophet John on the isle of Patmos was a perfect writer of the book of Revelation, but only Bob the Baptist in the city of Cincinnati understood it and properly interpreted it in "The Ouzo Prophecy."
You should probably try to use an example the person you're conversing with can relate to.
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

Well, the spokesman for the Spiritual Counterfeits Project (SCP), an extremely conservative Biblical organization, said, "What can I say? Your argument is fascinating, tightly-reasoned, for sure. But I have to wonder, is it true?" He was referring to my paper that claimed the Second Coming of Christ will be named Tor, that salvation can be found in a game, and that the Holy Trinity is Holy Spirit, Jesus Christ and Ouzo Cross.
Sir-Sister-of-Suck

Try again.
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

Sir-Sister-of-Suck wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:16 pm Try again.
Exactly what kind of thing can you relate to, my friend?
Sir-Sister-of-Suck

"Well, I'm not so sure a perfect creator would make a book which allows for such a broad area of interpretation"

>Asserts his religious propaganda, derived from a very odd fringe-sect, as an example that a perfect creator would

Protip - if someone is skeptical about something within a religion, you probably shouldn't resort to an example only those within that religion would accept, to sway said skepticism.
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

You've failed.
You've failed to ask a reasonable question.
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

Hobbes' Choice wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:51 pm

You've failed.
You've failed to ask a reasonable question.
And you have failed to say what is unreasonable about the question.