How God could fail to convey His message?

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

ken

Re: How God could fail to convey His message?

Post by ken »

Greta wrote:The moment the words "He" and "His" are used to refer to God, it tells you that the writer believes in the Big Sky Man version of God. It's blatant anthropomorphication, based on the innocent notions of ancient people.
Thanks greta.
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

ken wrote:
Hobbes' Choice wrote:
ken wrote:
To make you think about WHY you pity this one yet you wish others dead.

WHY do you only care about some and not ALL?
You are not making sense.
So be it.

To you it may not make sense. But, if you were really interested, then you would have asked some sort of inquisitive questioning.
It's not about my questions but your lack of ability to answer them.

You are trying to tell me that god takes little children, drops bombs on them, only to make me think. God must be a fucking moron.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Greta wrote:The moment the words "He" and "His" are used to refer to God, it tells you that the writer believes in the Big Sky Man version of God. It's blatant anthropomorphication, based on the innocent notions of ancient people.
They are the honest ones. So-called 'pantheist's are just poseurs who think Mr. God of Bible street is far too childish for them.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Hobbes' Choice wrote:You are trying to tell me that god takes little children, drops bombs on them, only to make me think. God must be a fucking moron.
According to Hobbes Bashar al-Assad is God!

Heres a photo:-
Attachments
C^NT.jpeg
C^NT.jpeg (3.2 KiB) Viewed 3160 times
bahman

Post by bahman »

Immanuel Can wrote:
bahman wrote: There should be only one religion if there is a God who intended to guide people. So either there is no God or God does not intended to guide people.
On which end of the two ends of communication is the real "failure"? Maybe that's the important question. :wink:
I don't understand your question. Could you please elaborate?
bahman

Post by bahman »

Hobbes' Choice wrote:
bahman wrote:
Hobbes' Choice wrote: SO: THERE IS NOT only one religion. From that what are the range of conclusions that you are able to make???
There should be only one religion if there is a God who intended to guide people. So either there is no God or God does not intended to guide people.
Indeed. Congratulations. Either no god, or god is not what you think it is.
I puzzled why you had to take such a long time to get to this.
We might are dealing with a God, if there is a God, who enjoy confusion people and He is not intended to tell the truth.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

The moment the words "He" and "His" are used to refer to God, it tells you that the writer believes in the Big Sky Man version of God. It's blatant anthropomorphication, based on the innocent notions of ancient people.

The anthropomorphized notion there are human people capable of anthropomorphication is pure make-belief.
bahman

Post by bahman »

Terrapin Station wrote:
bahman wrote: We believe that God is omniscient and omnipotent.
Got a mouse in your pocket?
How do you define God? Don't you believe that He is omniscient and omnipotent?
ken

Post by ken »

Hobbes' Choice wrote:
ken wrote:
Hobbes' Choice wrote:
You are not making sense.
So be it.

To you it may not make sense. But, if you were really interested, then you would have asked some sort of inquisitive questioning.
It's not about my questions but your lack of ability to answer them.
I never said anything about your question.

I answered your question, "Can you tell me what an omnipotent God is trying to convey here?" so I do not have a lack of ability to answer it. But what I do have is a lack of ability in how to convey My message so it is fully understood. I have said from My very first post here in this forum that I am here to learn how to be better understood. I am here to learn how I could NOT fail to convey My message.
Hobbes' Choice wrote:You are trying to tell me that god takes little children, drops bombs on them, only to make me think. God must be a fucking moron.
NO, that is NOT what I am trying to tell you. Human beings build and drop bombs. Nothing else does.

Obviously My conveyed message what taken out of context and misconstrued, again. Either this happens because of My inability to convey messages properly, OR, because human beings, themselves, misinterpret what I actually do say with their already held beliefs and/or the Assumptions they make based on their Previous Experiences.

The message I was trying to convey WAS the picture was put in front of you, at that moment, to make you think about WHY you pity some but also want/wish others dead.

After you think about that, then I asked you, "WHY do you only care about some and not ALL [human beings]?

When you truthfully answer that from a completely open and honest reflection, then you WILL KNOW WHAT exact message I was "trying" to convey to you all along.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

bahman wrote:
We might are dealing with a God, if there is a God, who enjoy confusion people and He is not intended to tell the truth.
The only confusion is in the mistaken belief there are people. But for the sake of communication there are people...but only as the word implies. In reality there are no people ...there's just life living itself alone for no reason or purpose. Reason and purpose come from thought/ideas arising in what's believed to be a human mind. There is no human mind alive that knows how ideas arise, where they arise from, to what or whom they arise in, or why they arise, or what they are. These tools are used for building imaginary stories, for without these tools we would be living as do the rest of life on earth without a story. The human story is all made -up, none of the stories built have anything to do with reality as it really is. Every thought or spoken word about life is pure imagined make-belief...aka illusion.

Life is not imagined. Life is without doubt or error. Life cannot be touched or changed by thought or spoken words, or the story believed about it, which are nothing more than auditory illusions of light and sound.
Last edited by Dontaskme on Sun Aug 21, 2016 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

attofishpi wrote:

You prefer this?
godspeaksbush.jpg
godspeaksbush.jpg (28.54 KiB) Viewed 3145 times
Terrapin Station

Post by Terrapin Station »

bahman wrote:
Terrapin Station wrote:
bahman wrote: We believe that God is omniscient and omnipotent.
Got a mouse in your pocket?
How do you define God? Don't you believe that He is omniscient and omnipotent?
I'm an atheist. God is a highly variable, often quite vague, often incoherent fantasy.
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

attofishpi wrote:

That would be Ken. You might want to try to pay more attention to the thread.
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

ken wrote: NO, that is NOT what I am trying to tell you. Human beings build and drop bombs. Nothing else does..
An omnipotent omniscient god, is responsible for his creation, and you claimed that bombing that child was part of God's purpose.
YOU CLAIMED THAT.
So fucking take responsibility for what you say!
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

bahman wrote:
Immanuel Can wrote:On which end of the two ends of communication is the real "failure"? Maybe that's the important question. :wink:
I don't understand your question. Could you please elaborate?
Yep. Every communication has two ends: the person speaking and the person hearing. Failure can be a result of the speaker not speaking clearly, or of the hearer not being willing to hear.

I simply asked which 'end' is actually at fault in this situation.