My idea of everything

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Ultimate Infinity

My idea of everything

Post by Ultimate Infinity »

I would like to share my personal idea that I have been developing over the past months.
I am a Catholic and believe in an infinite perfect good powerful and knowledgable God. I believe that all of existence is a result of God.
I believe that there are infinite levels of existence all of which contain infinite levels themselves and so on infinitely. For example I believe that there is no elementary particles that you cannot divide and I think our univerese of one of infinite in a multiverse which is part of a collection of infinite multiverse and so on. All of these collections of "verses" are part of spacetime. On the same level as spacetime is the whole collection of sentience and also heaven. These are all part of creation which itself contains infinite parts and is only one level itself. Above creation I would say is seperate ways that God brings into being existence and above that all of His attributes and above that well infinite other levels that all make up God this idea excites me in many ways but I would like to hear what all of you think of it
Harbal

Re: My idea of everything

Post by Harbal »

Ultimate Infinity wrote:I would like to share my personal idea that I have been developing over the past months.
I am a Catholic and believe in an infinite perfect good powerful and knowledgable God. I believe that all of existence is a result of God.
I believe that there are infinite levels of existence all of which contain infinite levels themselves and so on infinitely. For example I believe that there is no elementary particles that you cannot divide and I think our univerese of one of infinite in a multiverse which is part of a collection of infinite multiverse and so on. All of these collections of "verses" are part of spacetime. On the same level as spacetime is the whole collection of sentience and also heaven. These are all part of creation which itself contains infinite parts and is only one level itself. Above creation I would say is seperate ways that God brings into being existence and above that all of His attributes and above that well infinite other levels that all make up God this idea excites me in many ways but I would like to hear what all of you think of it
It looks like you've merely taken what you would like to believe and turned it into what you do believe.
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

Ultimate Infinity wrote:I would like to share my personal idea that I have been developing over the past months.
Oh fuck not another one!!!

What makes you fucking theists think that "Philosophy Now" is interested in your petty ideas about god and the universe. Surely ther must be some sort of religious wacko site to blog on?

Are you people of refugees who seek the tolerance of philosophy that you can't enjoy on the religious forums?

We don't care!!
this is.jpg
this is.jpg (30.25 KiB) Viewed 3376 times
HexHammer

Post by HexHammer »

Harbal wrote:It looks like you've merely taken what you would like to believe and turned it into what you do believe.
For once I must agree, well said!

Besides, Ultimate Infinity if you really knew God then you wouldn't be catholic, since they altered the 10 commandments, by taking the 2nd commandment that roughly stated "thou shalt not make idols nor carven images and bow down to them", altered it to "thou shalt not have other gods before me", so you have been lied to, and suffers from sever delusion.

Go read up on your religion instead of spewing happy babble!
Bill Wiltrack

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

Ultimate Infinity

Post by Ultimate Infinity »

Sigh. I have visited countless forum and no one has even considered what I say and really this site is the most inappropriate and disrespectful forum of all. I guess I don't really care since I'm leaving you imbeciles but you may want to consider a little more respect. Just saying.
Dalek Prime

Post by Dalek Prime »

Ultimate Infinity wrote:Sigh. I have visited countless forum and no one has even considered what I say and really this site is the most inappropriate and disrespectful forum of all. I guess I don't really care since I'm leaving you imbeciles but you may want to consider a little more respect. Just saying.
See ya!

Say. Anyone know what THAT was all about? Oh, never mind. I just read the beginning of the OP, and my eyes glazed over.
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

Ultimate Infinity wrote:Sigh. I have visited countless forum and no one has even considered what I say and really this site is the most inappropriate and disrespectful forum of all. I guess I don't really care since I'm leaving you imbeciles but you may want to consider a little more respect. Just saying.
I could not be more pleased to loose yet another of the god squad to the end of restoring some philoosphy
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Ignore the blockheads.

I think you should seriously start to grow a pair of balls and stop giving away your power to idiots. Empower yourself and don't give a damn about what others think of your ideas. I happen to think your idea is lovely, so c'mon embrace your idea with every fibre of your being, it's yours and no one can take that away from you, you are a beautiful expression of infinity. Always love what you think because what you think creates your reality.

Be strong, be the lionheart you are, it's your birthright. Please stay, and even if no one is agreeing with you, it doesn't matter. Enjoy your bliss...and who cares about the ones who are not excited with you... others are probably jealous of your imaginative talent, and that you have the creativity to come up with such innovative ideas in the first place.

Sometimes in life there are some people that can't even imagine anything past the thought of what handbag or or T shirt am I going to buy today... Never be afraid of expressing your ideas. This is not a genuine philosophy forum, it is a place where idiots pretend to know jack shit about reality....and are proud of their shit.

Always when someone like yourself comes along with something of value does the dross expose itself ...even by their response to your idea shows their true colour which is grey ...unlike your vibrant colours.

“And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.”
Nick_A

Post by Nick_A »

Hobbes wrote:
This remark doesn't belong on a philosophy of religion board where people come to feel and express the great questions.. It belongs on a political philosophy board in a discussion about illegal aliens crossing the border.
sthitapragya

Post by sthitapragya »

Nick_A wrote:Hobbes wrote:
This remark doesn't belong on a philosophy of religion board where people come to feel and express the great questions.. It belongs on a political philosophy board in a discussion about illegal aliens crossing the border.
That would be true if this was a philosophy of religion board. But we are we kidding? This is a theist/atheist forum. I have been through everything here and there is nothing resembling even a philosophy's ass/arse here. So it's all good.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

That's an interesting perspective.

I've been on this forum for a few years now. And it will be no surprise to anyone who's spoken with me that I'm a Theist. I've responded to thousands of posts, often at length -- but so far as I can recall, in almost every case the topic was proposed and initially advanced by an Atheist. How about that? :shock:

What always happens next is predictable: the Atheist poster and whatever cronies he can drum up start complaining about how Theists are dominating the space, and they assert that Theists can't be philosophers, or that they have no right to speak up about what they believe, or that they're "preaching" or "proselytizing..." They howl and wail about "god-botherers" or "nut-cases," and they heap up insults, post memes and cartoons intended to offend, and they swear and blaspheme freely...

And you're right...it's not philosophy. But the fault in debasing the discussion is (as uwot has so graciously confessed and so manfully apologized for his own part) largely the fault not of a particular ideology, but rather it's the fault of people who don't know what philosophy -- or even basic civility -- is. They imagine it's a win-lose contest with insults and empty rhetoric the tools of the trade. Shut your opponent down with sheer abuse, and you've "won," they imagine.

Now in regard to the many Atheist posters who've opened up all the "religious" topics: it seems that this is how it works: Atheist posters feel that this is their space to take shots unchallenged at the idea of God. Their dismay comes when they're challenged. The abuse follows.

My conclusion would be this: the purpose of this forum, as it appears to be conceived by the Atheists, is a free space for mutual self-congratulation.

I'm not sure anyone owes them that.

I am sure that it is not wrong for this person to have posted his/her question on this...or any other strand on this board.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Dontaskme wrote: Ignore the blockheads.
If you wanted him to read your post you shouldn't have told him this until the end of it.
I think you should seriously start to grow a pair of balls
Yes, growing balls is not something you should undertake lightly.
embrace your idea with every fibre of your being, it's yours and no one can take that away from you,
I agree, the chances of anyone stealing it are negligible.
Sometimes in life there are some people that can't even imagine anything past the thought of what handbag or or T shirt am I going to buy today...
Why do you suppose anyone is interested in what handbag or T shirt you're going to buy?
Never be afraid of expressing your ideas. This is not a genuine philosophy forum, it is a place where idiots pretend to know jack shit about reality.
I'm not sure how he'll take this. Perhaps you should have been a little more tactful.
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

It's an honest reaction to more fools pretending that religion is philosophy.

Honesty - that is something you should try sometime.
sthitapragya

Post by sthitapragya »

Hobbes' Choice wrote:
It's an honest reaction to more fools pretending that religion is philosophy.

Honesty - that is something you should try sometime.
Exactly. If discussing religion were philosophy, I would be out of here because I am no philosopher and have never claimed to be one. I joined these fora to learn philosophy and I realized there is nothing here resembling philosophy so I straightaway felt at home. Now I am enjoying it too much to bother with real philosophy so I stayed. :D The fact that I am here proves that it is not philosophy.

There are a few posters who quote a Kant here and a Socrates there but that is about it. But against that there are those who quote Simone Weil and actually call her a philosopher. If she is one, I am probably the father of philosophy and know everything there is to know about philosophy.

As someone on this forum said so aptly, " If anyone of us were capable of contributing to genuine philosophy, we would be doing it elsewhere instead of wasting our time here."