Awakening

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Nick_A

Re: Awakening

Post by Nick_A »

Dam wrote:
No thing is imagining. Imagination is all things.
I don't know where you are getting these ideas from but really: beware. When people become too involved with trying to remember that they are God, they can harm themselves on the inside.If you've gotten yourself involved with some sort of cult, run while you still can.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Last edited by Dontaskme on Thu Jul 21, 2016 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Last edited by Dontaskme on Thu Jul 21, 2016 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nick_A

Post by Nick_A »

Dam wrote:
No cult here, I have my own ideas about reality thanks...it's called imagination...how the heck is that harmful and to whom? you are talking absolute jibberish...

Have you actually tried having a proper coherent conversation with the guests posting on your thread about the topic title, or are you just posting this thread for a cheap laugh?

Do you even know what to talk about here?

I'm talking about the concept ''Anamnesis'' ..what the heck are you talking about ??
You must remember that we are coming from different foundations. You begin from imgaination and dreaming and I'm beginning from consciousness and the universal laws of creation. Anamnesis has one meaning for you and another for me. The human organism is a dream for you and a lawful creation for me. I've seen enough of what happens to people when they are governed by and justified by dreaming so I don't trust it. Consider the slogan of "A Course in Miracles:"
"Nothing real can be threatened. Nothing unreal exists.
Herein lies the peace of God."
It is classic dangerous escapism yet it makes millions of dollars for its leaders. I warn against these cults as any decent human being would; but if someone wants to get involved, it isn't my concern.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Last edited by Dontaskme on Thu Jul 28, 2016 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

IS THIS THREAD IN A COMA?
Nick_A

Post by Nick_A »

IS THIS THREAD IN A COMA?

It is hard to admit that we are not awake. It is often felt as insulting. For you, being awake is remembering that you are God. IMO that is demonic and Satan's great mistake.
The millions are awake enough for physical labor; but only one in a million is awake enough for effective intellectual exertion, only one in a hundred millions to a poetic or divine life. To be awake is to be alive. I have never yet met a man who was quite awake. How could I have looked him in the face? - Thoreau, Walden
Unless a person can experience that they are not awake and have the humility of Thoreau to realize human potential these kinds of threads have to die.

To be or not to be, that is the question. "To be" for you means realizing you are God so in reality your goal is not to be human. For me "To be" means to admit what it means to be human as opposed to a conditioned animal so as to become able to receive conscious help from above in order to become human. We are too far apart which is why we cannot discuss it.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Nick_A wrote:
It is hard to admit that we are not awake. It is often felt as insulting. For you, being awake is remembering that you are God. IMO that is demonic and Satan's great mistake.

The millions are awake enough for physical labor; but only one in a million is awake enough for effective intellectual exertion, only one in a hundred millions to a poetic or divine life. To be awake is to be alive. I have never yet met a man who was quite awake. How could I have looked him in the face? - Thoreau, Walden

Unless a person can experience that they are not awake and have the humility of Thoreau to realize human potential these kinds of threads have to die.

To be or not to be, that is the question. "To be" for you means realizing you are God so in reality your goal is not to be human. For me "To be" means to admit what it means to be human as opposed to a conditioned animal so as to become able to receive conscious help from above in order to become human. We are too far apart which is why we cannot discuss it.
Okay, back to sleep this thread goes, nighty nighty then.

Your right.. nothing i can discuss here with you the one in a hundred million, since I've no idea what you are talking about in the above post.

I'm going to delete my comments in this thread in case they're perceived as demonic...wouldn't want to scare the vulnerable innocents now would we.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Are you going to close this thread then or what?

Or are you waiting for that one in a hundred million awakened one to come along before discussion can resume?

Weird!

You do realise that there is no one here to actually awaken, and that this is already wide awake. But even that is only known via the knowledge of opposites.

What can possibly be known as being awake without there being asleep to compare?

In a nightly dream you have no awareness you are having a dream until you awaken in the morning to realise you have been dreaming, and that the dream wasn't real, the dream has dissolved, while the dreamer is ever present and intact.

all your talk about demons and devils is utter nonsense. What on earth are you talking about...you don't have a clue do you and is why you won't discuss this with your recent little visitor...namely ''me''
Nick_A

Post by Nick_A »

I know this question of awakening isn't a popular one but for those interested in what it may mean from a Buddhist perspective, the following article offers food for thought worthy of discussion. The main reason I am not a Buddhist is that it doesn't refer to the necessity of help for sinners from the Holy Spirit in its striving. But there is a lot of truth in the Eastern religions and they all refer to a change in attitude which can lead to a change in the quality of human being.

http://www.accesstoinsight.org/lib/auth ... ening.html
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Nick_A wrote:I know this question of awakening isn't a popular one but for those interested in what it may mean from a Buddhist perspective, the following article offers food for thought worthy of discussion. The main reason I am not a Buddhist is that it doesn't refer to the necessity of help for sinners from the Holy Spirit in its striving. But there is a lot of truth in the Eastern religions and they all refer to a change in attitude which can lead to a change in the quality of human being.

http://www.accesstoinsight.org/lib/auth ... ening.html
Please describe what awakening means to you in your own words.

My description is....No One is a Buddha therefore Every One is a Buddha
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Dontaskme wrote: I've no idea what you are talking about .
Congratulations! You're the winner of this months "greatest irony" prize.