Demonic Possession

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Dontaskme

Re: Demonic Possession

Post by Dontaskme »

Nick_A wrote:I've been discussing blind belief and blind denial here and I'd like to add something regardless of responses I may get.

A lot of New Age practices are harmful in ways you are probably unaware of. They speak of peace, love, oneness and all sorts of feelgoodisms. They may not be a wonderful as assumed. They make one vulnerable.

I remember the time when I was the divorced musician living with the town witch. Lots of great energy but there was a side I was wary of and far easier for me to understand now. Lots of nice people all living in imagination. But I learned a great deal about human psyche and escapism. A lot of New Age practices are really just making money off of escapism. There may also be a worse side to it

A Course in Miracles is a popular new Age belief system which IMO is pure escapism. It is harmless for most since they take it superficially. But some can delve deep into escapism including channeling leaving a void open for anything. You don't have to believe the following link. I site it as describing a harmful potential for escapism. Take from it what you will. Escapism into oneness doesn't necessarily result in wonderfulness
No they are not making money off of escapism. Your idea about this is a false belief.

Anyone who has fully awakened to true Self would not say things like that.

The ultimate and absolute truth can be found in Advaita Vedanta. This is not about escapism of wonderfulness or feelgoodisms, it's about reality as it is including the bad and ugly side of reality.

New age beliefs are not new, the contents of this oneness preaching stuff is nothing more than rehashed ancient wisdom of old brought into the current awareness of people living now.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Nick_A wrote:
This thread is a warning about the negative power of imagination.
All your talk about demonic possession and negativity in life....where the heck do you think these ideas come from?

I've never heard anything more ridiculous in all my life.

A human mind can only imagination how a human being capable of thinking and talking about the universe or the world in which it finds itself in ...can only imagine how it came into being.

If you have any better ideas about how, then reveal all, otherwise you have no idea what the heck you are talking about, and neither do I
Nick_A

Post by Nick_A »

Dam, you wrote on the awakening thread: My description is....No One is a Buddha therefore Every One is a Buddha.

You deny the entire scale of being which measures objective quality. For you there is ONE and everything else doesn’t exist. Yet for me the process of universal existence is the body of God. You seem to be saying that in a room full of deaf people there is no piano player therefore every one is a piano player. This doesn’t make sense.

But to deny objective quality and recognition that the source of objective quality initiates above the being of man makes man supreme and in this sense it is classic demonology
The law of Thelema is "Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law. Love is the law, love under will." The law of Thelema was developed in the early 1900s by Aleister Crowley, an English writer and ceremonial magician.
Do you have any idea why Thelema is considered demonic?
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Lacewing wrote:
Nick_A wrote:If all that is real is god and you are god, all that is real must revolve around you making you the center. I cannot see how you can argue this.
If all is one, what makes you think there is a center? I see no center. There is nothing revolving around anything else. It's all the same thing.
There is no centre lacewing, you are right.

The idea ''if all that is real is god'' cannot be found anywhere in life or even inside a brain.The point of reference that appears to be inside ones head has no actual location except herenow which is everywhere and nowhere where all ideas come from, what is an idea, no one knows. Ideas cannot be pinned down into a central point...so best let this idea fly Nick_A before you start believing in your fairy stories.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Nick_A wrote:Dam, you wrote on the awakening thread: My description is....No One is a Buddha therefore Every One is a Buddha.

You deny the entire scale of being which measures objective quality. For you there is ONE and everything else doesn’t exist. Yet for me the process of universal existence is the body of God. You seem to be saying that in a room full of deaf people there is no piano player therefore every one is a piano player. This doesn’t make sense.

But to deny objective quality and recognition that the source of objective quality initiates above the being of man makes man supreme and in this sense it is classic demonology
Geeez this is not about denying objective reality..what is wrong with you?

but to deny objective quality and recognition that the source of objective quality initiates above the being of man makes man supreme and in this sense it is classic demonology
I have no idea what the heck you mean here...can't you talk in plain easy to understand language so people can understand what the heck you are going on about?
Nick_A

Post by Nick_A »

Dam wrote
I have no idea what the heck you mean here...can't you talk in plain easy to understand language so people can understand what the heck you are going on about?
I know you don't understand. The ancient Hermetic axiom "As above, so below" doesn't make sense to you. You've closed yourself off to what it means so useless for me to try and discuss it.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Nick_A wrote:... Yet for me the process of universal existence is the body of God. ...
Why is it just not an accidental by-product?
Nick_A

Post by Nick_A »

Nick_A wrote:
... Yet for me the process of universal existence is the body of God. ...
Why is it just not an accidental by-product?
For the same reason your body is not just an accidental by-product of you.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Nick_A wrote:Dam wrote
I know you don't understand. The ancient Hermetic axiom "As above, so below" doesn't make sense to you. You've closed yourself off to what it means so useless for me to try and discuss it.

Honestly, where do you think all this Thelema stuff and all the other esoteric and spiritual knowledge comes from, all these words, and there meanings, and who is the one believing in all this stuff?

Can you actually find that one? Who thinks all this stuff up?

Answer that before we can decide if it's real or true or whatever.

The problem I've had is where, why, how, what, who is all this pertaining to?
Last edited by Dontaskme on Sun Jul 31, 2016 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Nick_A wrote:For the same reason your body is not just an accidental by-product of you.
Except that you have it wrong and I'm a fairly accidental product of the body.
Nick_A

Post by Nick_A »

Arising wrote: Nick_A wrote:
For the same reason your body is not just an accidental by-product of you.
Except that you have it wrong and I'm a fairly accidental product of the body.
Would you agree that the governing part of your collective presence is the brain in your head and your body serves the brain? Your feet don't govern your brain but rather your feet should serve your brain. However if you are an accidental part of your body means somehow your brain moved down to your ass and your head serves the desire of your ass. With some it is obvious which is why people say "your brains are in your ass."

The process of existence or the body of God serves the SOURCE, ISNESS or NOW within which the process of existence takes place
Nick_A

Post by Nick_A »

Dam wrote:
Honestly, where do you think all this Thelema stuff and all the other esoteric and spiritual knowledge comes from, all these words, and there meanings, and who is the one believing in all this stuff?
The imaginary ones are egoistic interpretations formed by the devolution of what Plato called knowledge. Experts in self deception are nourished by imagination at the cost of consciousness.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Nick_A wrote:Would you agree that the governing part of your collective presence is the brain in your head and your body serves the brain? ...
No, a 'governing' part is the CNS but the endochrine system governs the body over the brain at times and the musculoskeletal system also puts the brakes on when necessary.
Your feet don't govern your brain but rather your feet should serve your brain. However if you are an accidental part of your body means somehow your brain moved down to your ass and your head serves the desire of your ass. With some it is obvious which is why people say "your brains are in your ass."
Ever had food poisoning?

There is no 'brain', there is just the CNS.
The process of existence or the body of God serves the SOURCE, ISNESS or NOW within which the process of existence takes place
You have no clue if this is true or not. It could all be just the boot-up phase or even a bug or just an ephemera produced by whatever is really being calculated.
Nick_A

Post by Nick_A »

Arising wrote:
You have no clue if this is true or not. It could all be just the boot-up phase or even a bug or just an ephemera produced by whatever is really being calculated.
Remember that the purpose of higher ideas isn't to teach anything new but rather to allow a person to remember what has been forgotten. A person isn't supposed to blindly believe that universal mechanics as the body of God within NOW serves the purpose of a conscious source beyond the limitations of time and space. Inductive logic cannot reveal what this means. Such ideas are to be pondered by allowing a higher part of the mind to operate through what the ancients call contemplation. Sometimes a person has an "aha" moment where an idea is understood. Einstein called it intuition.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Nick_A wrote:
The imaginary ones are egoistic interpretations formed by the devolution of what Plato called knowledge. Experts in self deception are nourished by imagination at the cost of consciousness.
Consciousness doesn't charge for it's output.

The charge is made as an illusory movement within it.

Remember that plato and the people who wrote the biblical stories are all aspects of their own invented knowledge. They're all appearances of life living itself...

It's no good talking about consciousness or lower and higher selves as if you knew these ideas personally or experienced them directly. What you and every thing else are is an appearance in consciousness, not actual consciousness... reality is known as it appears, but no one knows why or what or who or why this is happening, it's just happening all by itself...what it actually is no one will ever know.

Consciousness is without doubt, but it's still just a label like everything else. What is reality without a label? There is no dam reality without an imagined name tag attached to it...don't you see that?

It just so happened that evolution brought about a species that was able to invent itself a language in order to communicate effectively ensuring it's continuity and survival, the language served a purpose, it became a useful tool in supporting the survival and advancement of the species..but it was only a story, it's not actually real. Language created a false divide between actually reality as it is... and a reality how it is thought to be...the latter being a total fantasy fiction....and not actual fact.
Last edited by Dontaskme on Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:50 am, edited 1 time in total.