Demonic Possession

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Dontaskme

Re: Demonic Possession

Post by Dontaskme »

Nick_A wrote:

Remember that the purpose of higher ideas isn't to teach anything new but rather to allow a person to remember what has been forgotten. A person isn't supposed to blindly believe that universal mechanics as the body of God within NOW serves the purpose of a conscious source beyond the limitations of time and space. Inductive logic cannot reveal what this means. Such ideas are to be pondered by allowing a higher part of the mind to operate through what the ancients call contemplation. Sometimes a person has an "aha" moment where an idea is understood. Einstein called it intuition.
Huh?

I thought you didn't believe God is Dreaming the world of otherness pretending to be asleep until remembering it's awakeness that it had forgot?
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Nick_A wrote:
I know you don't understand. The ancient Hermetic axiom "As above, so below" doesn't make sense to you. You've closed yourself off to what it means so useless for me to try and discuss it.
But I do understand, it's just that you don't know that because your not me. Your you. How could you possibly know that I don't understand? You'd have to me to know that, but you can't be me and I can't be you because there can only be your thought about you at one time. No thing else exists outside your own idea of you. Anything that appears to exist outside of you, you have also created. This is not to deny the world out there, it is not a form of sophism as that is just another imagined idea appearing in you, neither is it a form of solipsism, again, just another idea arising out of thin air.. oh yes, the world out there is there, but only because you are there. But who are you is the only question you can ask yourself...and only you can answer that one question, you can come up with a million answers all created by you the questioneer...but your answers will never reveal the answer to your one question...you may have all the answers, but they still won't answer the who is the one that wants to know? can you ever know that one?

The problem is there is no other and is why you can never know other. You can't even know yourself except the one you make up. And this is very magical and no one is putting it down, it's just this amazing trickery....appearing now.

As above so below ?? see what I mean...did you just make that up?

Where or what is 100 mile south of the earth? It's all relative to nothing... there are no relationships in life.

Imagination is real. Magical things happen in life all the time, no one special all powerful deity is doing this and that's what makes it so magical and mysterious. A fully formed human appeared out of thin air...albeit it took evolution for it to become what it is.

Seeing is believing, believing is imagination, for what is seen is imagined and is what drives the universe into being and keeps it there. Seeing can see everything bar it self...Imagine that? a seerless seer, who'd have thought that one up?

The seerless seer comes alive as seen in it's reflection, what it itself is reflecting, reflections are what dreams and mirages are made of. I am one but can only see myself in other, my reflection, the imagination of myself.

Until you can come up with a better formula for reality we have only got nothing to go on.

There is nothing demonic about life. And nothing angelic or holy about it, except in this conception which is not human.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Nick_A wrote:Remember that the purpose of higher ideas isn't to teach anything new but rather to allow a person to remember what has been forgotten. ...
Only if you're a two thousand year old Greek.

By 'higher ideas' you mean metaphysical ones?
A person isn't supposed to blindly believe that universal mechanics as the body of God within NOW serves the purpose of a conscious source beyond the limitations of time and space. Inductive logic cannot reveal what this means. ...
Nothing can.
Such ideas are to be pondered by allowing a higher part of the mind to operate through what the ancients call contemplation. ...
And yet contemplation lies under Reason?
Sometimes a person has an "aha" moment where an idea is understood. Einstein called it intuition.
But then you have to prove it true in the real world.
Nick_A

Post by Nick_A »

Arising wrote: Nick_A wrote:Remember that the purpose of higher ideas isn't to teach anything new but rather to allow a person to remember what has been forgotten. ...
Only if you're a two thousand year old Greek.
A basic difference between us. I believe in the world of forms within which forms devolve into interpretations you call original thinking.
Such ideas are to be pondered by allowing a higher part of the mind to operate through what the ancients call contemplation. ...
And yet contemplation lies under Reason?
While it is true that in modern times contemplation and literal reason are seen as the same, authentic contemplation begins when a person has reached the limits of literal thought and meditates on the question with a faculty of reason beyond literal thought.

When literal binary reason becomes a tool of the ego and the quality of the force of emotional imagination force supports it, it can nourish the ego to such a degree that it destroys the inner man. It takes on the role of God. That is when it becomes demonic. Not good karma.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Nick_A wrote:A basic difference between us. I believe in the world of forms within which forms devolve into interpretations you call original thinking. ...
You can believe in what you like, it's if you can prove it that makes the difference. So what original thinking have you managed to devolve? As so far you are just saying you believe in an old Greek's idea.
While it is true that in modern times contemplation and literal reason are seen as the same, authentic contemplation begins when a person has reached the limits of literal thought and meditates on the question with a faculty of reason beyond literal thought.
I have no idea what you mean by 'literal reason' but what are the limits of Reason that you have reached?

Also, I don't see them as the same but admit I'm not quite sure what you mean by "contemplation"?
When literal binary reason becomes a tool of the ego and the quality of the force of emotional imagination force supports it, it can nourish the ego to such a degree that it destroys the inner man. It takes on the role of God. That is when it becomes demonic. Not good karma.
No idea what this hodge-podge of religious and psychological metaphors means?
Nick_A

Post by Nick_A »

Arising wrote: While it is true that in modern times contemplation and literal reason are seen as the same, authentic contemplation begins when a person has reached the limits of literal thought and meditates on the question with a faculty of reason beyond literal thought.

I have no idea what you mean by 'literal reason' but what are the limits of Reason that you have reached?

Also, I don't see them as the same but admit I'm not quite sure what you mean by "contemplation"?
The literal mind is a dual mind. It reasons by yes and no, black and white. It is a flat mind. Most are like this. Dis is here and dat’s dere and that’s the way it is. The paradox and the contradiction are very annoying to those whose reason is dominated by the literal mind. Yet those capable of using their higher mind through contemplation, the paradox and the contradiction bring great joy
The paradox is really the pathos of intellectual life and just as only great souls are exposed to passions it is only the great thinker who is exposed to what I call paradoxes, which are nothing else than grandiose thoughts in embryo. Soren Kierkegaard

“One must not think slightingly of the paradoxical…for the paradox is the source of the thinker’s passion, and the thinker without a paradox is like a lover without feeling: a paltry mediocrity.”― Søren Kierkegaard

"When a contradiction is impossible to resolve except by a lie, then we know that it is really a door." - Simone Weil
The Zen koan is an example of an intentional paradox. Its purpose is to allow a person to reach the end of dual reason and click into contemplation which opens a door to higher understanding.
No idea what this hodge-podge of religious and psychological metaphors means?
Does this quote by Socrates mean anything to you or is it just mold Greek BS?
Socrates — 'Give me beauty in the inward soul; may the outward and the inward man be at one.'
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Nick_A wrote:The literal mind is a dual mind. It reasons by yes and no, black and white. It is a flat mind. Most are like this. Dis is here and dat’s dere and that’s the way it is. The paradox and the contradiction are very annoying to those whose reason is dominated by the literal mind. Yet those capable of using their higher mind through contemplation, the paradox and the contradiction bring great joy.
Paradox is also enjoyed by those who like to think according to the laws of logic, reason and thought as it points to a problem to solve. Contradiction is not so enjoyable as it's always false so I can well understand how the 'higher-mind' is joyful about this but the reasoning mind goes in search of the inconsistent belief or axiom.
The paradox is really the pathos of intellectual life and just as only great souls are exposed to passions it is only the great thinker who is exposed to what I call paradoxes, which are nothing else than grandiose thoughts in embryo. Soren Kierkegaard

“One must not think slightingly of the paradoxical…for the paradox is the source of the thinker’s passion, and the thinker without a paradox is like a lover without feeling: a paltry mediocrity.”― Søren Kierkegaard
And the grandiose thought being the solution I presume.
"When a contradiction is impossible to resolve except by a lie, then we know that it is really a door." - Simone Weil
Into that persons mindset.
The Zen koan is an example of an intentional paradox. Its purpose is to allow a person to reach the end of dual reason and click into contemplation which opens a door to higher understanding.
Are you saying this contemplation is meditation?
Does this quote by Socrates mean anything to you or is it just mold Greek BS?
Socrates — 'Give me beauty in the inward soul; may the outward and the inward man be at one.'
When I say old Greek, I mean just that. Whether it is bullshit depends upon what the Greek said I'd say.

What's 'beauty' in the above case?

What's a 'soul'?

I agree that one's thoughts should match one's words and actions.