How did spirituality, belief in God and the continuing search for God change you?

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

ken

Re: How did spirituality, belief in God and the continuing search for God change you?

Post by ken »

Dontaskme wrote:
ken wrote: Does a belief live before the eternal-present?
There is no before the eternal present. There is only NOW..there is no inbetween now and now, no before no after... so no.
ken wrote:By the way, the 'Thing' living in the eternal-present is absolutely already obvious.
Is that what you believe?

That's rich coming from someone who doesn't have any beliefs...except the belief in Self.
How does a belief in what One can do contradict anything in what i have said here?

Or maybe better, what do you mean by 'rich'?
Dontaskme wrote: So lets see what Self is...?
As I have explained many times previously if you can not even answer the question "Who am ...'I', then you would not even know if what you talk about is even close to being correct. Also, the reason why 'your' persistence that words can not explain anything. If that is what 'you' believe then that never ceases to bemuse me with your constant use of reading and writing words trying to learn and teach.

Do you want, AGAIN, what the little self IS or what the big Self IS? I really do not know which one you want.Nor do i even know why i have to explain this again if you had read what i have written previously. So go back and reread and tell me which one or both of these you do not understand and ask some clarifying questions. That you will find is the simplest and easiest way to become wiser.

By the way if and when 'you'really start 'seeing', then 'you' will also will be able to SEE and KNOW what IS already living in the NOW. The obviousness of this is getting ridiculous especially regarding 'your' response here.
Dontaskme wrote:
All Things are Thoughts. All Things are No Thing (aka thoughts) Thinging, aka Illusory Appearances believed to be Real by No One or Thing. There is No Self in a Thought.

Thoughts arise and fall in Self - Self is the Silent Source from where Every Thing Springs, from Source to Source an Endless Spring..
Does Self exist in the NOW, or ever, to you?

Because previously you have said there is no thing and nothing exists in the NOW. Once again you are conflicting what you have previously said.

I am really trying to understand you, WHY? Might be a good question i should be asking Thy Self here but anyway,this is what i have understood from you. An entity is beliefs. Beleif is thoughts. Thought is the human mind. The human mind is in the Self. Therefore, Self the entity, which is belief which is thought which is the human mind which is in the Self, BUT, as you have also explained, as clear as mud also, there is nothing existing.
Dontaskme wrote: A THING ... is an appearance of NO THING ...THEY are one and the same. Things have about as much substance and reality as a dream. WHO sees the brightly coloured images in nightly dream? when eyes are closed and it's pitch black inside the skull, who is seeing those images ....the same one who sees the waking dream....all images of consciousness...aka optical illusions of Light reflecting itself.
Thanks for continually clearing things up, NOT.
ken

Re: How did spirituality, belief in God and the continuing search for God change you?

Post by ken »

Dontaskme wrote:
ken wrote:
If ALL beliefs are about the relationship of imaginary things, and are thereby false, then there could not be any valid, sound argument formulated supporting the having, holding, nor the maintaining of any beliefs whatsoever, right?
That's right, a sage would never have an argument with another sage for there would be nothing there to bounce off.
So why does dontaskme continue to gain more beliefs and maintain some beliefs so strongly and never letting them go?

Also there is nothing to "bounce" a sound, valid argument off because it can not be disputed nor refuted.

Actually bouncing words off one another in 'argueing', logically reasoned, fashion is a wonderful and wise thing to do. This is how unambiguous and indisputable facts are formed. This is what the wise actually do. The wise do not 'argue', ridicule, fight and war.

Defining words is one step that leads to ecerone being abke to SEEING, KNOWING and UNDERSTANDING ALL there is
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Dontaskme wrote:...a sage would never have an argument with another sage for there would be nothing there to bounce off.
A sage is an extremely WISE man. Two wise men will have plenty to argue about, i assure you.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

ken wrote:
The ONLY reasons I ask 'dontaskme', which is the set of thoughts and feelings within that physical vessel, clarifying questions is just to find out whether or not dontaskme really does know what dontaskme talks about. That answer is also obvious clear by the responses given. Because of some of dontaskme's beliefs dontaskme will NEVER be able to explain what it is dontaskme so obviously wants to explain.
The character dontaskme doesn't have to know or explain what according to ken so obviously wants to explain.. even though ''explaining appears to happen'' ... the dontaskme character ALREADY knows this is not happening to it the character...it knows the character is an idea attempting to explain that idea...this character dontaskme already knows it doesn't know itself and also knows it doesn't have to because it knows it is already this knowing known...it knows it's an idea arising in it's awareness, it doesn't know what THAT awareness is only that it is, and it only knows all that via the knowledge it has at hand and also knows that the only knowing for this character to know anything is via knowledge which is the only thing available, and also knows that that knowledge is false, because all knowledge is illusory, and knows that that which holds to knowledge is illusory.

For example:
The one looking at an object is the object, the one looking at an object knows the object because it is the object. It is the ultimate subject in which the conceptual object appears. The one looking at the object is looking at itself as and through the object, that looker is unknowable, the knower only becomes apparent in the object known, it can only exist as a concept, and concepts are illusory appearing real...because any conceptual thing known cannot then know what is knowing that thing/ concept, that would be like the eyeball knowing itself by looking at itself...therefore the idea there is a self that knows itself is an illusion...it knows itself as illusion only, and that's why life is a dream dreamed by no one... so nothing needs to be known or explained...there is nothing to understand unless you believe there is...When you Believe, you do not Know ...... When you Know, you do not Believe..I ASK YOU TO BELIEVE NOTHING that you cannot verify for yourself... I mean seriously..does a flower need to believe, know or explain to itself that it is a flower? and that's exactly what humans are trying to do, can you see how ridiculous that is?

It's become a human intellectual habit by no fault of it's own, it's how the mind is conditioned by society which imposes and projects it's belief systems on to..the brain has no choice but to accept the programme it is receiving, how could it refuse, who is going to refuse such information?.... It is a part of the whole dynamic of being a human in life....this phenomena wants to believe it has to explain itself, but all this too is just an idea arising in consciousness, it is consciousness trying to explain what it is to be consciousness, no wonder the mind gets a little confused here.

This already knowing known 'character' that is struggling with the idea of wanting to explain itself is nothing but another idea itself. Since this 'character' is not self defining but is defined by consciousness and therefore has no substance beyond that which consciousness applies. Thoughts, feelings, desires, beliefs, all arise in what appears to be a focal point of the 'character'. But 'you' have no control over any of these or any-thing because there is no you having these experiences. It is consciousness having the experience of 'you' having these experiences. There is no personal self behind the image of the character, no more that there is a personal self inside a character in a nightly dream. The self is a thought arising in consciousness, consciousness being the ultimate subject which is unknowable by anything it knows. The known cannot know anything because that would require another knower other than the absolute subjective knowing....there is no such other.

I'm not going to waste time responding to the rest of your recent replies, because they sound like a parrot on steroids, your replies are grinding, they need some oil in order to flow smoothly and effortlessly back to the ocean of oneness.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

attofishpi wrote:
Dontaskme wrote:...a sage would never have an argument with another sage for there would be nothing there to bounce off.
A sage is an extremely WISE man. Two wise men will have plenty to argue about, i assure you.
There is wisdom, but I assure you, it does not belong to man...wisdom happens to man...but he doesn't make it happen.

Wisdom is oneness and oneness does not have any argument with itself. It takes two to argue.

Therefore all arguments are nothing more than pie in the sky.

A sage is a master who knows he is invisible, and who also knows he does appear to others as if he is seen. One simply cannot touch what is not here, even when it does appear to be apparently there.
ken

Post by ken »

Dontaskme wrote:
attofishpi wrote:
There is wisdom, but I assure you, it does not belong to man...wisdom happens to man...but he doesn't make it happen..
Why can wisdom "happen" to man only and not to woman also?
Dontaskme wrote: Wisdom is oneness and oneness does not have any argument with itself. It takes two to argue. .
Wisdom is part of Oneness. Wisdom is NOT Oneness Itself.
Dontaskme wrote: Therefore all arguments are nothing more than pie in the sky..
'Argument' has a few different definitions meanings, 'pie in the sky' is not one of them.
Dontaskme wrote: A sage is a master who knows he is invisible, and who also knows he does appear to others as if he is seen. One simply cannot touch what is not here, even when it does appear to be apparently there.
A 'sage' , in the way that you are trying to describe here, certainy knows It is NOT a "he". Please be very very careful when you are trying to speak of and for things you can not explain. You are only confusing, obstructing and distorting The Truth, just like every other religion has for many centuries, now.

'I' can and 'I' will assure 'you' that 'I' am here and that I can and do KNOW that what you insist I do not know and that I will reveal It ALL.

When you speak from now on I suggest that you speak for you only. Just remember you do NOT know.
ken

Post by ken »

Dontaskme wrote:
ken wrote:
The ONLY reasons I ask 'dontaskme', which is the set of thoughts and feelings within that physical vessel, clarifying questions is just to find out whether or not dontaskme really does know what dontaskme talks about. That answer is also obvious clear by the responses given. Because of some of dontaskme's beliefs dontaskme will NEVER be able to explain what it is dontaskme so obviously wants to explain.
The character dontaskme doesn't have to know or explain what according to ken so obviously wants to explain.. even though ''explaining appears to happen'' ... the dontaskme character ALREADY knows this is not happening to it the character...it knows the character is an idea attempting to explain that idea...this character dontaskme already knows it doesn't know itself and also knows it doesn't have to because it knows it is already this knowing known...it knows it's an idea arising in it's awareness, it doesn't know what THAT awareness is only that it is, and it only knows all that via the knowledge it has at hand and also knows that the only knowing for this character to know anything is via knowledge which is the only thing available, and also knows that that knowledge is false, because all knowledge is illusory, and knows that that which holds to knowledge is illusory.

For example:
The one looking at an object is the object, the one looking at an object knows the object because it is the object. It is the ultimate subject in which the conceptual object appears. The one looking at the object is looking at itself as and through the object, that looker is unknowable, the knower only becomes apparent in the object known, it can only exist as a concept, and concepts are illusory appearing real...because any conceptual thing known cannot then know what is knowing that thing/ concept, that would be like the eyeball knowing itself by looking at itself...therefore the idea there is a self that knows itself is an illusion...it knows itself as illusion only, and that's why life is a dream dreamed by no one... so nothing needs to be known or explained...there is nothing to understand unless you believe there is...When you Believe, you do not Know ...... When you Know, you do not Believe..I ASK YOU TO BELIEVE NOTHING that you cannot verify for yourself... I mean seriously..does a flower need to believe, know or explain to itself that it is a flower? and that's exactly what humans are trying to do, can you see how ridiculous that is?

It's become a human intellectual habit by no fault of it's own, it's how the mind is conditioned by society which imposes and projects it's belief systems on to..the brain has no choice but to accept the programme it is receiving, how could it refuse, who is going to refuse such information?.... It is a part of the whole dynamic of being a human in life....this phenomena wants to believe it has to explain itself, but all this too is just an idea arising in consciousness, it is consciousness trying to explain what it is to be consciousness, no wonder the mind gets a little confused here.

This already knowing known 'character' that is struggling with the idea of wanting to explain itself is nothing but another idea itself. Since this 'character' is not self defining but is defined by consciousness and therefore has no substance beyond that which consciousness applies. Thoughts, feelings, desires, beliefs, all arise in what appears to be a focal point of the 'character'. But 'you' have no control over any of these or any-thing because there is no you having these experiences. It is consciousness having the experience of 'you' having these experiences. There is no personal self behind the image of the character, no more that there is a personal self inside a character in a nightly dream. The self is a thought arising in consciousness, consciousness being the ultimate subject which is unknowable by anything it knows. The known cannot know anything because that would require another knower other than the absolute subjective knowing....there is no such other.

I'm not going to waste time responding to the rest of your recent replies, because they sound like a parrot on steroids, your replies are grinding, they need some oil in order to flow smoothly and effortlessly back to the ocean of oneness.
I will let hobbes choice's perfect and self explanatory wise words reply to this,"
Thanks for the self refuting post."
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

ken wrote:
Dontaskme wrote:
ken wrote:

For example:

I will let hobbes choice's perfect and self explanatory wise words reply to this,"
Thanks for the self refuting post."
The clear message of the thread is that belief in god has made a great deal of difference to many contributors.
The move to accept God has infused many with a range of qualities from: cognitive dissonance as they try to reconcile the belief with reality;
a sanctimonious attitude inn which they believe themselves in some way chosen by a superior supernatural being;
a sense of moral superiority in which they fool themselves that morality is not innately given by human nature by bestowed upon the wise and the chosen to scatter the the filthy unbelievers below them;
the refusal to think they need to answer questions in a debate;
that they think it perfectly acceptable to spout unsubstantiated bunkum without support, evidence or good reason;
but worst of all that they all in one way or the other pretend to know the intentions of the mind of god;
this would be fine, and support their case if they all had agreement about what god is, and what god thinks, and what god wants;
a failure to even consider another viewpoint especially those of another theist...
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

ken wrote:
Thanks for the self refuting post.
It is impossible for self to refute itself simply because there isn't one, although there is ''self refuting'', as it apparently happens in life. No self is doing this.

You are asking me questions I cannot know the answer to. All questions are relative. The relative mind can ask only questions that relate to itself. That self doesn't exist. Relative questions about the absolute are absurd.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

ken wrote: You are only confusing, obstructing and distorting The Truth, just like every other religion has for many centuries, now.
I'm here to put the thread title into it's proper context and say that the one who believes in spirituality, religion, or God does not exist except as an idea.Life is not a religion. Religion is a conceptual idea that belongs to nothing, therefore illusory. All ideas about religion are dream stories that no one is telling or listening to. It's all pie in the sky.

God is just another word for presence or awareness. Many stories of being human appear to awareness, while awareness looks on in detachment. Awareness just is without ever changing, it is forever aware /knowing/seeing/being /sensing without ever being effected or destroyed by what's happening at the party.While the party of life flows on and on in constant flux, appearing and disappearing, flashing in and out of existence..that which is aware of the party ever remains in pristine condition. Nothing ever happens to Awareness or God.

Belief in the story character is not who you are..although from the focal point of awareness it is the only way to exist albeit in an illusory way.

And so..who you are in all actuality is God or Awareness experiencing life as a you believing it is a dream story character in spacetime duality. But that's not who you are, what you really are is awareness in which the whole dream of you is arising, the character in the dream never actually existed.

This phenomena is happening without doubt or error of belief. But, it's fundamentally empty like a nightly dream. The waking dream believed to be real is the same phenomena appearing different that's all.

The character in the story is not doing, being Life. Life is doing, being the story character..and what ever happens to the story character has no effect on God because God is the only constant and real reality. God is nothing being everything flashing in and out of existence forever like a never ending story / movie...playing in the timeless realm of the eternal now forever unchanged.

God, or awareness is not a theist or an atheist ... Awareness is beyond such thought, conceptual ideas, such ideas arise in awareness, but are not awareness since awareness is completely boundless and free to be without restriction.. it is in all actuality where the ideas for such notions are sourced, but they are not real. Aliveness is already free to live, it doesn't have to believe it is free, it is free. It's this aliveness right here now being....itself, living itself, and free of itself.

You are an experience happening in boundlessness, in awakeness, in aliveness. You are not bound in side a separate body.The looker, experiencer of life isn't located in a separate body... it is boundlessness being everywhere and everything. Nothing separates the body from everything around it, it's all one seamless reality without location. No one is having an experience, there's just boundless free experiencing ....
ken

Post by ken »

Dontaskme wrote:
ken wrote: You are only confusing, obstructing and distorting The Truth, just like every other religion has for many centuries, now.
I'm here to put the thread title into it's proper context and say that the one who believes in spirituality, religion, or God does not exist except as an idea.Life is not a religion. Religion is a conceptual idea that belongs to nothing, therefore illusory. All ideas about religion are dream stories that no one is telling or listening to. It's all pie in the sky.

God is just another word for presence or awareness. Many stories of being human appear to awareness, while awareness looks on in detachment. Awareness just is without ever changing, it is forever aware /knowing/seeing/being /sensing without ever being effected or destroyed by what's happening at the party.While the party of life flows on and on in constant flux, appearing and disappearing, flashing in and out of existence..that which is aware of the party ever remains in pristine condition. Nothing ever happens to Awareness or God.

Belief in the story character is not who you are..although from the focal point of awareness it is the only way to exist albeit in an illusory way.

And so..who you are in all actuality is God or Awareness experiencing life as a you believing it is a dream story character in spacetime duality. But that's not who you are, what you really are is awareness in which the whole dream of you is arising, the character in the dream never actually existed.

This phenomena is happening without doubt or error of belief. But, it's fundamentally empty like a nightly dream. The waking dream believed to be real is the same phenomena appearing different that's all.

The character in the story is not doing, being Life. Life is doing, being the story character..and what ever happens to the story character has no effect on God because God is the only constant and real reality. God is nothing being everything flashing in and out of existence forever like a never ending story / movie...playing in the timeless realm of the eternal now forever unchanged.

God, or awareness is not a theist or an atheist ... Awareness is beyond such thought, conceptual ideas, such ideas arise in awareness, but are not awareness since awareness is completely boundless and free to be without restriction.. it is in all actuality where the ideas for such notions are sourced, but they are not real. Aliveness is already free to live, it doesn't have to believe it is free, it is free. It's this aliveness right here now being....itself, living itself, and free of itself.

You are an experience happening in boundlessness, in awakeness, in aliveness. You are not bound in side a separate body.The looker, experiencer of life isn't located in a separate body... it is boundlessness being everywhere and everything. Nothing separates the body from everything around it, it's all one seamless reality without location. No one is having an experience, there's just boundless free experiencing ....
Are replying words formed into easily understood questions going be replied back with direct words formed into easily understood answers?
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

ken wrote:
Are replying words formed into easily understood questions going be replied back with direct words formed into easily understood answers?
Depends who wants to understand. Life does not have to understand itself to be what it is. Life has no mind to receive an image of itself.

The personal illusory 'I' label of the mind may or may not ask questions about existence...but if a question arises then the answer must be in the question. For example: you are totally alone in the world and the question arises...'' who am I...''? and automatically the answer is there and the answer is silence. On the other hand if you ask the same question and you are not alone and a reply comes to you from the other .. that answer has come from a sound heard as a word. The one sounding the word is the same one hearing the word as logically sound cannot be separated from the hearing. There is not someone over there sounding and another one over here hearing the sound, the sound and the hearing is one instantaneous singular flow of life in action. If the answer comes in the form of sound, ie: verbal communication as a concept or an idea, then where does that come from? it comes from the same place as silence comes from which is nowhere.

The mind reflects what ever is on it's mind, what only appears to be outside the mind is an hallucination of the mind appearing as sensory experiences of something that does not actually exist outside the mind. Who or what could possibly be outside the mind, moreover, who or what could possibly be inside the mind. The mind therefore, is logically nothing more than pure boundless emptiness expressing itself as imagery /sounds/ and sensation believed to be real. When the moment in life is without a letter or a word it is non-duality. When the moment in mind is with a letter or a word it is duality.

You asking questions and me answering is proof that mind is a noun and a verb, albeit illusory.
ken

Post by ken »

Dontaskme wrote:
ken wrote:
Depends who wants to understand. Life does not have to understand itself to be what it is. Life has no mind to receive an image of itself.

The personal illusory 'I' label of the mind may or may not ask questions about existence...but if a question arises then the answer must be in the question. For example: you are totally alone in the world and the question arises...'' who am I...''? and automatically the answer is there and the answer is silence. On the other hand if you ask the same question and you are not alone and a reply comes to you from the other .. that answer has come from a sound heard as a word. The one sounding the word is the same one hearing the word as logically sound cannot be separated from the hearing. There is not someone over there sounding and another one over here hearing the sound, the sound and the hearing is one instantaneous singular flow of life in action. If the answer comes in the form of sound, ie: verbal communication as a concept or an idea, then where does that come from? it comes from the same place as silence comes from which is nowhere.

The mind reflects what ever is on it's mind, what only appears to be outside the mind is an hallucination of the mind appearing as sensory experiences of something that does not actually exist outside the mind. Who or what could possibly be outside the mind, moreover, who or what could possibly be inside the mind. The mind therefore, is logically nothing more than pure boundless emptiness expressing itself as imagery /sounds/ and sensation believed to be real. When the moment in life is without a letter or a word it is non-duality. When the moment in mind is with a letter or a word it is duality.

You asking questions and me answering is proof that mind is a noun and a verb, albeit illusory.
What are you trying to say here?
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

ken wrote:
What are you trying to say here?
I've no idea.

It's just what's happening. Maybe I'm just singing for no reason. What is a bird trying to say when it's chirping a song?

Does there have to be a meaning or reason for anything...who is it that wants meaning and reason for just being?

Isn't it enough just to be, and who's business is it anyway, isn't what's happening just silence singing?

I've really no idea what I'm saying, it's just happening ...can I be separated from the happening? am I able to get a good look at what's happening, maybe if I put what's happening under a microscope I could perhaps examine it and then report what's happening back to you.......or maybe I could examine a star under a microscope while I'm at it, rumour has it I came from the stars....but what the heck do I know about that...I know that I am and that's about all I know, so what else is there to know?...what is there to understand and who would that one be that wants to understand...and understand what?

Hope this was helpful to you, if not, then what can I do about it? Or was I supposed to say something really clever or something?
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

ken wrote:

Non-conceptual understanding is not conceptually transmissible. No one need take my word for this. Non-conceptual understanding is here, right now, silently aware.

Show me a man who has finished with words so that I may have a word with him.

Jesus did not come to preach a message of coexistence, tolerance, or ecumenism. Jesus made it clear that you are either with the one true God or against Him. Such truth was and is today the most divisive message the world has ever known. Jesus finished the work given to Him by His Father.

"I have come in my Father's name, and you do not receive me. If another comes in his own name, you will receive him" (John 5:43).

"For I have come down from heaven, not to do my own will but the will of him who sent me" (John 6:38).

Jesus' words, "It is finished," appears only twice in the New Testament--John 19:28 and John 19:30.

"After this, Jesus, knowing that all was now finished, said (to fulfill the Scripture), 'I thirst.' A jar full of sour wine stood there, so they put a sponge full of the sour wine on a hyssop branch and held it to his mouth. When Jesus had received the sour wine, he said, 'It is finished,' and he bowed his head and gave up his spirit."

Advaita Vedanta...the end of knowledge.