How did spirituality, belief in God and the continuing search for God change you?

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Dontaskme

Re: How did spirituality, belief in God and the continuing search for God change you?

Post by Dontaskme »

ken wrote:
You do know that you are actually using written words to explain that you can not use written words to explain things?
What words do is they only point to the ineffable which cannot be explained or understood by the words themselves, they can only be understood by seeing what the words are pointing to which in this case is nothing or the deep void, or silence....all of which can be defined as God. God is a story told and listened to by no one.

How come you can't get your head around the word contradiction, of course explaining reality is going to be a contradiction. I mean who is going to explain it? except in this illusory conception? ..aka the story of God...? his story...aka history.

Neither relative nor absolute understanding is the absolute. Relative understanding takes opinions, ideas, beliefs etc. as real. Absolute understanding, that they are in fact illusory and not real, reveals wisdom.

Duality and opinions, ideas, and beliefs exist only as thoughts. Without thoughts there is none, meaning duality and opinions, ideas and beliefs. Absolute understanding reveals what a thought actually is with complete reason and logic, whereas relative understanding does not know what a thought actually is.

Relative understanding makes man understand that he has to try, but does not explain what duality really is. Absolute understanding does explain what trying and duality is which makes man realise what life is. Relative understanding informs man how a computer works and how to get from a to b, whereas absolute understanding reveals how this all happen to man, as man is not the doer as the enlightened have proclaimed that man is not the doer.

Duality will never end as long as there is life and man in it. Even to an enlightened man who is alive on earth, duality will exist, but to him the duality will be illusory and not real, every moment of his life.
ken

Re: How did spirituality, belief in God and the continuing search for God change you?

Post by ken »

Dontaskme wrote:
ken wrote:
Name some of the beliefs ken has, besides the belief in Self
Who is the Ken with the belief of Self but a physical vehicle ..aka a perceived object. Nothing perceived can perceive or believe.
I asked in the hope of seeking some one to name some of the beliefs that 'i', ken, supposedly have/has had. But what I get instead is, in the first part of a statement, another instant question back. I will answer this, because i know from first hand experience the frustration that can come with not having simple questions like this answered openly and honestly straight away, to answer the question, "Who is the Ken with the belief of Self...? Firstly ken is not a capital or big K. ken is just a little self person who does not deserve any recognition as a big Identity. Secondly, ken has a belief of what the big Self can do, ken certainly does not necessarily have a belief of Self, ken has a belief in Self. Thirdly, 'ken', is just the name/identity 'I' have given to the thoughts (and feelings) that are being relayed onto these pages. 'ken', is just a name that has been given to, just like every other person has, who is really just a set of in-dividual, in-visible, and non-physical thoughts, and feelings, that exist with-in one individual human body. That is who the ken is.

I am not sure why you continuously like to answer your own questions here, even if they are directed to others, but just to let you know your answer is wrong, from my perspective. 'ken' is certainly NOT a physical vehicle. A human body is a physical vehicle, a motor vehicle is a physical vehicle, a planet, moving throughout space, is a physical vehicle, but 'ken' is certainly not a physical anything let alone a physical vehicle.

'ken' is also not a perceived object but rather an object, although an invisible one. of a set of thoughts, which is continually coming into being or changing, from what the 'human body', i.e., the physical vehicle, is actually perceiving and experiencing with its five senses.

At the moment the second sentence I am unable to respond to at all.
Dontaskme wrote:Any idea that there is a perceiver believer inside the perceived believed is just an idea.
Also, at the moment, i am unable to even decipher let alone even respond to this. I can not even think of any clarifying question/s to ask here.
Dontaskme wrote:All beliefs are about the relationship of imaginary things and are thereby false.
Therefore, as I have been saying all along, besides believing in the One's own abilities and capabilities i think what would better is if ALL other beliefs are not held nor maintained at all. That is what you are saying here, right also dontaskme?

If ALL beliefs are about the relationship of imaginary things, and are thereby false, then there could not be any valid, sound argument formulated supporting the having, holding, nor the maintaining of any beliefs whatsoever, right?
ken

Post by ken »

attofishpi wrote:
"How did spirituality, belief in God and the continuing search for God change you?"
I found out God is a c^nt. It drives me to alcohol.
What, exactly, is the 'it' part, which drives you to alcohol?

Is it the finding out part, that God is a ****, which drives you to alcohol?

Or is it the actual fact that God is a **** part, which drives you to alcohol?

Of, if "your" male, is it the fact that you have been fucking God part, which drives you to alcohol?
ken

Post by ken »

Dontaskme wrote:
ken wrote:
You do know that you are actually using written words to explain that you can not use written words to explain things?
What words do is they only point to the ineffable which cannot be explained or understood by the words themselves, they can only be understood by seeing what the words are pointing to which in this case is nothing or the deep void, or silence....all of which can be defined as God. God is a story told and listened to by no one.

How come you can't get your head around the word contradiction, of course explaining reality is going to be a contradiction. I mean who is going to explain it? except in this illusory conception? ..aka the story of God...? his story...aka history.

Neither relative nor absolute understanding is the absolute. Relative understanding takes opinions, ideas, beliefs etc. as real. Absolute understanding, that they are in fact illusory and not real, reveals wisdom.

Duality and opinions, ideas, and beliefs exist only as thoughts. Without thoughts there is none, meaning duality and opinions, ideas and beliefs. Absolute understanding reveals what a thought actually is with complete reason and logic, whereas relative understanding does not know what a thought actually is.

Relative understanding makes man understand that he has to try, but does not explain what duality really is. Absolute understanding does explain what trying and duality is which makes man realise what life is. Relative understanding informs man how a computer works and how to get from a to b, whereas absolute understanding reveals how this all happen to man, as man is not the doer as the enlightened have proclaimed that man is not the doer.

Duality will never end as long as there is life and man in it. Even to an enlightened man who is alive on earth, duality will exist, but to him the duality will be illusory and not real, every moment of his life.
I think very soon we will not be hearing from you anymore. The feelings of frustration, which you are experiencing right now is becoming more and more obvious. Believing sooo strongly that you can not even make yourself heard nor understood even with spoken or written words would bring about absolute sense of hopelessness, which would, by definition, drive any person to want to end their own lives.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Dontaskme... are you able to stop explaining how and what everything and everyone is... and just lay quietly in the grass in the sunshine, and empty your head of all words and concepts... and just breathe... and then stay quiet when you stand back up, and allow yourself and all else to simply be what-the-hell-ever without all the explanations?

Just sort of letting it all flow through, without a need to know or interact except when you want to momentarily play? Do you know what I mean? Does any of it matter? Is it okay if it doesn't matter? And to demonstrate that we're not totally intoxicated (even with concepts of nothingness), can we be totally empty and quiet in an instant? I think I can. I keep practicing to make sure I haven't forgot. 8)

Please focus on yourself with your response, rather than telling me bigger answers (which I really don't have as much interest in lately, it seems).
ken

Post by ken »

Dontaskme wrote:
ken wrote:
You say that 'an' entity is a belief, so does that mean 'a belief' does not live at all or does not live in the eternal-presence of NOW?
There is no thing living in the eternal present...aka infinity...how could there be..what would that thing be, and where would it have come from, and how or who or what would have made that thing?
I ask you one simple clarifying question, i.e., does a belief not live at all or it does not live only in the eternal-present? You, again, instead of just answering the question give me more questions that you insist you already KNOW the answers to.

Ok, from your response i understand that there is NO thing living in the eternal-present so I will guess that means belief also. BUT, and let us see if you finish answering the question this time, Does a belief live before the eternal-present?

By the way, the 'Thing' living in the eternal-present is absolutely already obvious. Are you that blind not to see It? What is it that is blinding/preventing you from seeing It?
ken wrote:By the way, “What, exactly, is this human mind you “talk” about?”
Dontaskme wrote:Memory.
So from now on every time you use the word 'mind' we will just replace that word with the word 'memory' and what you are so desparately trying to say and express should become a lot clearer for me and others to understand, is that correct?
Dontaskme wrote:Words from memory is sound waves that mysteriously appear as words,
They may well "mysteriously" appear to 'you', but i think scientists would disagree with you here. I am pretty sure some scientist could show exactly how they actually do appear.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

ken wrote:
I think very soon we will not be hearing from you anymore. The feelings of frustration, which you are experiencing right now is becoming more and more obvious. Believing sooo strongly that you can not even make yourself heard nor understood even with spoken or written words would bring about absolute sense of hopelessness, which would, by definition, drive any person to want to end their own lives.
I'm sorry to hear you feel this way about yourself. I hope you get better real soon. I know and feel empathy for your situation, I too was once in that place you are in now... so I know what you are talking about. Be well dear...and know this feeling of yours is just a temporary phase, it will soon pass I promise.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Dontaskme wrote:Words from memory is sound waves that mysteriously appear as words,
ken wrote:They may well "mysteriously" appear to 'you', but i think scientists would disagree with you here. I am pretty sure some scientist could show exactly how they actually do appear.
Science are only interested in all things tangible, what they can see and measure. They don't dabble in the unseen of what they can't touch or measure. Mystics know the answers without knowing, and have been telling science what they want to know for thousands of years. I do believe science are finally beginning to listen to the masters who have known what they are trying to know since the dawn of human kind. Unlike the dog eat dog world of replacing one scientific theory with another... where genius people like Tesla and others are ridiculed and silenced, afraid for their own lives, or being called insane crack-pots for even daring to step off the postage stamp consensus of elite controlled belief systems. I mean how dare they come up with the most incredible solutions to mans energy problems - but no, science are another religion filled with greed, jealousy, pride, and fear of losing credibility....whereas the spiritual masters have known all along the open secrets of the universe, and don't care about being wrong simply because enlightenment happens to them...and is why witches were not afraid to be burned at the stake.
This is dangerous knowledge to the liars and cheats of the world. But it's really okay to live dangerously when you know you have wings to fly.

So bash me all you want, keep on bashing me if it makes you feel any better.. I can take it.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

ken wrote: Does a belief live before the eternal-present?
There is no before the eternal present. There is only NOW..there is no inbetween now and now, no before no after... so no.
ken wrote:By the way, the 'Thing' living in the eternal-present is absolutely already obvious.
Is that what you believe?

That's rich coming from someone who doesn't have any beliefs...except the belief in Self.

So lets see what Self is...

All Things are Thoughts. All Things are No Thing (aka thoughts) Thinging, aka Illusory Appearances believed to be Real by No One or Thing. There is No Self in a Thought.

Thoughts arise and fall in Self - Self is the Silent Source from where Every Thing Springs, from Source to Source an Endless Spring.

A THING ... is an appearance of NO THING ...THEY are one and the same. Things have about as much substance and reality as a dream. WHO sees the brightly coloured images in nightly dream? when eyes are closed and it's pitch black inside the skull, who is seeing those images ....the same one who sees the waking dream....all images of consciousness...aka optical illusions of Light reflecting itself.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

attofishpi wrote:"How did spirituality, belief in God and the continuing search for God change you?"

I found out God is a c^nt. It drives me to alcohol.
Yes, God is a c^nt...God is also the one who is driven to alcohol.

God is all THIS

God is both the temporal misery Self who curses and drinks itself to death, and the eternal Self that looks on in complete detachment.

God's tip would be to not feed what you don't like about yourself by resisting it, because what ever you resist persists. Be like the master himself and allow all things to pass straight through you. Like the sky allows clouds to come and go in it without leaving a stain.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

ken wrote:
If ALL beliefs are about the relationship of imaginary things, and are thereby false, then there could not be any valid, sound argument formulated supporting the having, holding, nor the maintaining of any beliefs whatsoever, right?
That's right, a sage would never have an argument with another sage for there would be nothing there to bounce off.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

ken wrote:
'ken' is also not a perceived object but rather an object, although an invisible one. of a set of thoughts, which is continually coming into being or changing, from what the 'human body', i.e., the physical vehicle, is actually perceiving and experiencing with its five senses.
?

The physical human body is not the perceiver.. it is the perceived as an object seen by the imageless perceiver / seer. It is the instrument of seeing not the seer. The seer is not physical.

An object is not invisible, it is an image of the imageless aka consciousness...there is no image without a vessel / instrument of seeing to project it, in the same context there is no movie without a blank screen on which it is projected, the human mind is the screen in which the movie of I appears... both the story of I and the screen arise in conjunction by association....and are both emptiness at their core.
There is no one behind an image of a person, it is emptiness appearing to itself like a hologram.

The human body does not experience or perceive anything, it is the experience.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

ken wrote: I am not sure why you continuously like to answer your own questions here, even if they are directed to others, but just to let you know your answer is wrong, from my perspective. 'ken' is certainly NOT a physical vehicle. A human body is a physical vehicle, a motor vehicle is a physical vehicle, a planet, moving throughout space, is a physical vehicle, but 'ken' is certainly not a physical anything let alone a physical vehicle.

A physical vehicle has no way of knowing it exists. A machine can never know it's maker. To know it exists..A non physical thought has to pass through it which mysteriously brings the dead physical vehicle to life, this is known by no one as knowledge of the physical vehicle....without the knowledge of physical things, physical things do not exist. Knowledge informs illusory reality. Wisdom understands reality as illusory.

As understanding evolves, man understands that illusory does not mean the real in daily life does not exist. Evolved understanding indicates by logic and reasoning that the perceived real in daily life is made up of atoms, and atoms being light, it means that the real in daily life, which is believed to exist has to exist as an illusion of light and cannot have a real existence.

Knowledge gives superficial understanding of more knowledge which is more bondage. Deeper understanding of the existential nature of knowledge is wisdom and gives freedom.
ken

Post by ken »

Dontaskme wrote:
ken wrote:
I'm sorry to hear you feel this way about yourself.
But, we are one right?

And, by the way, that 'I' does not feel. 'I' live in the NOW
Dontaskme wrote: I hope you get better real soon.
Are you talking to yourself here?
Dontaskme wrote: I know and feel empathy for your situation, I too was once in that place you are in now...
But there is only now. So you can only speak of and from the now, which means there was no 'once before', right?
Dontaskme wrote:so I know what you are talking about.
Of course. One is speaking with the same One.

It is just a shame dontaskme is incapable of explaining this. 'I' on the other hand am capable of explaining ALL there is.
Dontaskme wrote:Be well dear...and know this feeling of yours is just a temporary phase, it will soon pass I promise.
Of course. Feelings change with thoughts, and thoughts change continually right NOW, so obviously only a temporary phase. I am not sure why you are always saying what is plainly obvious, to Me. By the way they are the feelings of dontaskme, and ken sometimes.

The ONLY reasons I ask 'dontaskme', which is the set of thoughts and feelings within that physical vessel, clarifying questions is just to find out whether or not dontaskme really does know what dontaskme talks about. That answer is also obvious clear by the responses given. Because of some of dontaskme's beliefs dontaskme will NEVER be able to explain what it is dontaskme so obviously wants to explain. Lose the beliefs, then anything is possible.
ken

Post by ken »

Dontaskme wrote:
ken wrote:They may well "mysteriously" appear to 'you', but i think scientists would disagree with you here. I am pretty sure some scientist could show exactly how they actually do appear.
Science are only interested in all things tangible, what they can see and measure. They don't dabble in the unseen of what they can't touch or measure.
There is nothing that can not be measured. Every thing can be known. Actually be able to see and know everything is actually extremely easy, once I understood how to do it. I am in the process of teaching how 'you' also can understand how to SEE and measure everything, which can be proven scientifically.
Dontaskme wrote: Mystics know the answers without knowing, and have been telling science what they want to know for thousands of years. I do believe science are finally beginning to listen to the masters who have known what they are trying to know since the dawn of human kind.
That is what 'I' just said above. Unfortunately to 'your' demise dontaskme keeps telling us here there is no way of explaining, so "your" masters are really not that masterful. Only 'I' can and WILL explain all.

If "mystics" as you say they know answers, then why do they not just explain those answers. Let me guess because you believe that it is impossible to explain. This totally INACCURATE "answer" you have is just the priest's answer when asked if God created everything then what created God? 'You' provide a totally false answer to support your totally unaccountable claim. 'I' on the other hand can and WILL explain ALL there is through providing and showing the process of how to find the solution that will solve/answer ALL problems/questions.

A 'mystic', is only a person, like 'you', who says they can see but when questioned are not able to say/explain what it is they can see nor how to explain how others can "see" also. 'I' on the other hand can and will explain through revelations.
Dontaskme wrote: Unlike the dog eat dog world of replacing one scientific theory with another... where genius people like Tesla and others are ridiculed and silenced, afraid for their own lives, or being called insane crack-pots for even daring to step off the postage stamp consensus of elite controlled belief systems.
Coincidence that is the same belief system I talk about and also say without having that system then one is able to learn, understand, and reason absolutely anything and everything, including how to make a truly peaceful world for everyone, which is what 'I' am in the process of doing. As 'I' said previously, 'you' wait for things to happen, whereas, 'I' make what will be-come. 'I' am God, the Only enlightened One.

As 'I' have also said previously, I dare anyone to challenge me. The more I am challenged the more so called "mysteries" are revealed and thus Truth becomes known. However, and which has also become absolutely obvious to some that having and holding onto those beliefs that dontaskme obvious has prevents 'you' from the challenge.

Tesla was NO more nor less a "genius" than any other person. Tesla just had different thoughts. If any other body existed in the exact same time and place as the one body that tesla was existing in, then they also would have had the exact same thoughts. There is NO one that is more nor less intelligent than other to learn, understand, and reason, just some people close of intelligence more than others. Tesla was just a person a bit more open than others are.
Dontaskme wrote:I mean how dare they come up with the most incredible solutions to mans energy problems - but no, science are another religion filled with greed, jealousy, pride, and fear of losing credibility....whereas the spiritual masters have known all along the open secrets of the universe, and don't care about being wrong simply because enlightenment happens to them...and is why witches were not afraid to be burned at the stake.
This is dangerous knowledge to the liars and cheats of the world. But it's really okay to live dangerously when you know you have wings to fly.
Just for your knowledge obviously they are NOT that "incredible solutions" as you are making them out to be. The real solutions are just about to come. But firstly the belief system has to be destroyed before 'I' am able to explain the one and only true solution. I am looking for people who are willing to stop just long enough to listen. The reason why I continually ask questions. 'I' am able to reveal all the answers being sought after, but only to those who are open to the Truth. Even people like jesus have tried to explain "incredible solutions" but only with ALL the right knowledge THE real and Only Solution can be explained fully.

There are NO secrets of the Universe. There is however revelations, to those that are serious about changing, letting go of, themselves, which will confirm how to uncover all those mysteries that you think exist.

So bash me all you want, keep on bashing me if it makes you feel any better.. I can take it.[/quote]

When have I every "bashed" dontaskme? I bet anything like that can not be found on here. In fact the opposite is true. dontaskme is the one who has 'tried' to do the bashing, unsuccesfully I may had.