How did spirituality, belief in God and the continuing search for God change you?

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

bobevenson

Re: How did spirituality, belief in God and the continuing search for God change you?

Post by bobevenson »

I have mystical documentation of being a prophet, but your written word is the only documentation you need of being a fool.
-1-

Re: How did spirituality, belief in God and the continuing search for God change you?

Post by -1- »

bobevenson wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:33 am I have mystical documentation of being a prophet, but your written word is the only documentation you need of being a fool.
"Mystical" and "documentation" ought not to be mentioned in one sentence.

And the written word and its commanded worshipping of an idol is indeed the only documentation that one needs to show they are fools (I.e. worshipping idols because texts like the Bible or the Koran tell you to do so.)
Ginkgo

Post by Ginkgo »

bobevenson wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:33 am I have mystical documentation of being a prophet, but your written word is the only documentation you need of being a fool.
You are a fool when it comes to most things, but you are not foolish enough to tell people you associate with that you are a prophet.

BTW
My written works have been published in Philosophy Now, along with many other publications.
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

a) I don't associate with other people, and b) as I said, "your written word is the only documentation you need of being a fool."
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

-1- wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:59 am
"Mystical" and "documentation" ought not to be mentioned in one sentence. And the written word and its commanded worshipping of an idol is indeed the only documentation that one needs to show they are fools (I.e. worshipping idols because texts like the Bible or the Koran tell you to do so.)
Why shouldn't "mystical" and "documentation" be mentioned in the same sentence? Are you suggesting that a mystical event can't be documented? And regarding your other point, the book of Revelation doesn't tell you to worship anything.
Ginkgo

Post by Ginkgo »

bobevenson wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:06 pm a) I don't associate with other people, and b) as I said, "your written word is the only documentation you need of being a fool."
Your written word is evidence that you need psychological help again.
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

Please, when the spokesman for the Spiritual Counterfeits Project, an extremely conservative Biblical organization, read "The Ouzo Prophecy," he said, "What can I say? Your argument is fascinating, tightly-reasoned, for sure. But I have to wonder, is it true?" He was referring to the argument that I am Bob the Baptist, precursor of the Second Coming of Christ, whose name is Tor, that I can offer the world salvation in a game called Ouzo, and that the Holy Trinity is Holy Spirit, Jesus Christ and Ouzo Cross. Either the spokesman for the SCP needed psychological help or he was the recipient of divine intervention, don't you agree?
Eodnhoj7

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

bobevenson wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:03 am Please, when the spokesman for the Spiritual Counterfeits Project, an extremely conservative Biblical organization, read "The Ouzo Prophecy," he said, "What can I say? Your argument is fascinating, tightly-reasoned, for sure. But I have to wonder, is it true?"

He was not referring to the below but rather observing strictly what he stated: You have an intricate argument, but is it true because it is intricate?

He was referring to the argument that I am Bob the Baptist, precursor of the Second Coming of Christ, whose name is Tor, that I can offer the world salvation in a game called Ouzo, and that the Holy Trinity is Holy Spirit, Jesus Christ and Ouzo Cross. Either the spokesman for the SCP needed psychological help or he was the recipient of divine intervention, don't you agree?
Enough with the chosen one line, it is a fallacy of authority. If you have an argument, about why "Ouzo" is the correct "means" to salvation then present the argument for what it is, otherwise simply referring to other peoples opinions is not only bad argument form but gives the impression you a trying to impress us with the opinions of others.

No personal experience...just present the argument for Ouzo on its own terms. If you do not, it gives the impression you do not understand your own argument.

If you are really "chosen" then you should be able to present the argument with some degree of clarity and not only present it with clarity but answer questions presented about the argument itself, not questions about who "you" are or are not.

And no I will not buy the book so don't bother with that line, present the argument or you cannot claim any mystical credentials.
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

Please, "The Ouzo Prophecy" is a four-page paper, more than half of it double-spaced, with wide margins top and bottom, left and right, with plenty of white space. I will tell you this, when I submitted the paper to Writers Digest for a critical review, the professor of English who critiqued it said, "I read your paper, re-read it, and then read it again. The average person wouldn't know what you're talking about, what the point is, what you're trying to say. He then referred to a letter the author of Madam Bovary wrote to his girlfriend (which can be found on the internet). The author said that what he really dreamed of writing, if such a thing were possible, is a book about nothing, a book unrelated to anything outside itself, that would exist by the strength of its own internal style, like the sun seems to hang in the sky without any means of support. The professor said he thought "The Ouzo Prophecy" virtually accomplished this. He said, "Your paper is something, but it's only something, and I reluctantly confess, I'm not at all certain what that something is."
Last edited by bobevenson on Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

Eodnhoj7 wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:07 am . . . . .
Don't feed the Troll.
Eodnhoj7

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

thedoc wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:17 am
Don't feed the Troll.
Or keep feeding him until he explodes...some animals will eat until they die, donkeys are one of them if I am correct.
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

I'm afraid the only thing you two know about trolls is looking in the mirror.
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

bobevenson wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:17 am Please,
The respondent was panning you in an effort to get you off his back and not reply. He was saying the letter was nonsense and said nothing of consequence.
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

Eodnhoj7 wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:20 am
thedoc wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:17 am
Don't feed the Troll.
Or keep feeding him until he explodes...some animals will eat until they die, donkeys are one of them if I am correct.
If you have the fortitude to do so, please with my permission, I don't have that kind of patience.
Eodnhoj7

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

bobevenson wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:17 am Please, "The Ouzo Prophecy" is a four-page paper, more than half of it double-spaced, with wide margins top and bottom, left and right, with plenty of white space. I will tell you this, when I submitted the paper to Writers Digest for a critical review, the professor of English who critiqued it said, "I read your paper, re-read it, and then read it again. The average person wouldn't know what you're talking about, what the point is, what you're trying to say. He then referred to a letter the author of Madam Bovary wrote to his girlfriend (which can be found on the internet). The author said that what he really dreamed of writing, if such a thing were possible, is a book about nothing, a book unrelated to anything outside itself, that would exist by the strength of its own internal style, like the sun seems to hang in the sky without any means of support. The professor said he thought "The Ouzo Prophecy" virtually accomplished this. He said, "Your paper is something, but it's only something, and I reluctantly confess, I'm not at all certain what that something is."
Again referencing other people not only is a fallacy of authority (why should I believe you because someone else, I don't know, says so?), but it also proves your prophecy is not understandable. If it is not understandable, except to you, does that mean it is strictly a message to yourself? What type of prophecy is that?

Present the paper or present the argument.