How do atheists find meaning in a purposeless universe?

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

User avatar
attofishpi
Posts: 2337
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:10 am
Location: Orion Spur
Contact:

Re: How do atheists find meaning in a purposeless universe?

Post by attofishpi » Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:37 am

Conde Lucanor wrote:
Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:14 pm
attofishpi wrote:
Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:34 am
Conde Lucanor wrote:
Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:09 pm

Well, after giving it a second thought...yes, it is exactly the same.
lol. Do u real eyes how stupid u r at this point in emit?
No, I don't. It can't be any worst than an adult believing in Santa, right?
Wrong, it just proves how simple you consider the nature of reality. REAL_IT_Y?

User avatar
Harbal
Posts: 3846
Joined: Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:03 pm
Location: Yorkshire
Contact:

Re: How do atheists find meaning in a purposeless universe?

Post by Harbal » Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:10 am

attofishpi wrote:
Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:37 am
Conde Lucanor wrote:
Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:14 pm
attofishpi wrote:
Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:34 am


lol. Do u real eyes how stupid u r at this point in emit?
No, I don't. It can't be any worst than an adult believing in Santa, right?
Wrong,
What's the principle difference?

User avatar
attofishpi
Posts: 2337
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:10 am
Location: Orion Spur
Contact:

Re: How do atheists find meaning in a purposeless universe?

Post by attofishpi » Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:07 am

Harbal wrote:
Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:10 am
attofishpi wrote:
Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:37 am
Conde Lucanor wrote:
Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:14 pm

No, I don't. It can't be any worst than an adult believing in Santa, right?
Wrong,
What's the principle difference?
Well, you could start by comparing panentheism to santa.

User avatar
Harbal
Posts: 3846
Joined: Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:03 pm
Location: Yorkshire
Contact:

Re: How do atheists find meaning in a purposeless universe?

Post by Harbal » Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:47 pm

attofishpi wrote:
Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:07 am
Well, you could start by comparing panentheism to santa.
I'm not interested in categorising Santa, as long as he fills my stocking, that's all I care about.

Dontaskme
Posts: 3077
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:07 pm

Re: How do atheists find meaning in a purposeless universe?

Post by Dontaskme » Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:58 pm

Harbal wrote:
Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:47 pm
I'm not interested in categorising Santa, as long as he fills my stocking, that's all I care about.
I didn't know you wore stockings.

.

User avatar
Harbal
Posts: 3846
Joined: Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:03 pm
Location: Yorkshire
Contact:

Re: How do atheists find meaning in a purposeless universe?

Post by Harbal » Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:05 pm

Dontaskme wrote:
Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:58 pm
I didn't know you wore stockings.
Do you consider us to be close enough for you to expect that I would tell you what I wear?

User avatar
Hobbes' Choice
Posts: 8385
Joined: Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:45 am

Re: How do atheists find meaning in a purposeless universe?

Post by Hobbes' Choice » Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:45 pm

attofishpi wrote:
Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:27 pm
Hobbes' Choice wrote:
Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:22 am
DO you have evidence that I do not have a family of Martian living inside my mobile phone??? WELL, do you??
Give me your mobile phone for analysis, i'm sure i can prove you do not.

Your turn, prove God does not exist...Chaz.
Prove is not required for non existence; only existence. The burden of proof is on you. What the fuck do you mean by "god" anyway?

User avatar
attofishpi
Posts: 2337
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:10 am
Location: Orion Spur
Contact:

Re: How do atheists find meaning in a purposeless universe?

Post by attofishpi » Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:14 am

Hobbes' Choice wrote:
Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:45 pm
attofishpi wrote:
Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:27 pm
Hobbes' Choice wrote:
Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:22 am
DO you have evidence that I do not have a family of Martian living inside my mobile phone??? WELL, do you??
Give me your mobile phone for analysis, i'm sure i can prove you do not.

Your turn, prove God does not exist...Chaz.
Prove is not required for non existence; only existence. The burden of proof is on you. What the fuck do you mean by "god" anyway?
Since 1997 I have had God's existence proved to me. Panantheism appears the closest glove that fits, coupled with the existence of Christ. The burden of prove does not lie with anyone such as myself to convince an atheist with 'proof' that God exists, since they are the unfortunate simpletons on the equation of the DOUBT that God has insisted pervades. One should then consider - why all the DOUBT? There is a reason for it, and it is NOT because God does not exist.

User avatar
Conde Lucanor
Posts: 642
Joined: Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:59 am

Re: How do atheists find meaning in a purposeless universe?

Post by Conde Lucanor » Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:33 am

attofishpi wrote:
Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:37 am
Conde Lucanor wrote:
Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:14 pm
attofishpi wrote:
Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:34 am


lol. Do u real eyes how stupid u r at this point in emit?
No, I don't. It can't be any worst than an adult believing in Santa, right?
Wrong, it just proves how simple you consider the nature of reality. REAL_IT_Y?
No, that just proves that we have different definitions of simplicity. Believing in an invisible man in the sky shows the same simplicity of mind than believing in the visible man with reindeer in the sky.

User avatar
Conde Lucanor
Posts: 642
Joined: Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:59 am

Re: How do atheists find meaning in a purposeless universe?

Post by Conde Lucanor » Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:35 am

attofishpi wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:14 am


Since 1997 I have had God's existence proved to me.
By 1989 I have had god's existence unproved to me. So I beat you for at least 8 years.

User avatar
attofishpi
Posts: 2337
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:10 am
Location: Orion Spur
Contact:

Re: How do atheists find meaning in a purposeless universe?

Post by attofishpi » Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:54 am

Conde Lucanor wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:35 am
attofishpi wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:14 am


Since 1997 I have had God's existence proved to me.
By 1989 I have had god's existence unproved to me. So I beat you for at least 8 years.
No, it only proves you were deceived.

User avatar
attofishpi
Posts: 2337
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:10 am
Location: Orion Spur
Contact:

Re: How do atheists find meaning in a purposeless universe?

Post by attofishpi » Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:56 am

Conde Lucanor wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:33 am
attofishpi wrote:
Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:37 am
Conde Lucanor wrote:
Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:14 pm

No, I don't. It can't be any worst than an adult believing in Santa, right?
Wrong, it just proves how simple you consider the nature of reality. REAL_IT_Y?
No, that just proves that we have different definitions of simplicity. Believing in an invisible man in the sky shows the same simplicity of mind than believing in the visible man with reindeer in the sky.
No there was no 'invisible man' in the sky - that is the massive fallacy of it all.

User avatar
Sir-Sister-of-Suck
Posts: 518
Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:09 am

Re: How do atheists find meaning in a purposeless universe?

Post by Sir-Sister-of-Suck » Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:58 am

attofishpi wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:14 am
Since 1997 I have had God's existence proved to me. Panantheism appears the closest glove that fits, coupled with the existence of Christ. The burden of prove does not lie with anyone such as myself to convince an atheist with 'proof' that God exists, since they are the unfortunate simpletons on the equation of the DOUBT that God has insisted pervades. One should then consider - why all the DOUBT? There is a reason for it, and it is NOT because God does not exist.
That sort of reasoning may work for another theist who already accepts your claim, but that's not how the 'burden of proof' works, and what it attempts to do in philosophical discussion; This is quite simply, the most basic example of shifting the burden of proof. It's not so much about the implausibility of the claim itself, but the implausibility of the claim to the person you're talking to. The onus is on whoever is making an unaccepted claim. If I specifically claim that god specifically does not exist, the burden is on me. If you claim that god exists, the burden of proof is on you.

If you make a claim and then proceed to provide an argument, if I claim that your argument is wrong - the burden of proof is on me to disprove your argument.

User avatar
attofishpi
Posts: 2337
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:10 am
Location: Orion Spur
Contact:

Re: How do atheists find meaning in a purposeless universe?

Post by attofishpi » Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:13 am

Sir-Sister-of-Suck wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:58 am
attofishpi wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:14 am
Since 1997 I have had God's existence proved to me. Panantheism appears the closest glove that fits, coupled with the existence of Christ. The burden of prove does not lie with anyone such as myself to convince an atheist with 'proof' that God exists, since they are the unfortunate simpletons on the equation of the DOUBT that God has insisted pervades. One should then consider - why all the DOUBT? There is a reason for it, and it is NOT because God does not exist.
That sort of reasoning may work for another theist who already accepts your claim, but that's not how the 'burden of proof' works, and what it attempts to do in philosophical discussion; This is quite simply, the most basic example of shifting the burden of proof. It's not so much about the implausibility of the claim itself, but the implausibility of the claim to the person you're talking to. The onus is on whoever is making an unaccepted claim. If I specifically claim that god specifically does not exist, the burden is on me. If you claim that god exists, the burden of proof is on you.

If you make a claim and then proceed to provide an argument, if I claim that your argument is wrong - the burden of proof is on me to disprove your argument.
I am no longer going to bother attempting to prove to short sighted atheists of 'Gods' existence - i have been here for 8 years with quite strong arguments with my claim - and never has an atheist been able to refute my claims, and I no longer have the patience or the time to bother.

I shall leave you with this, that a sage that communicated to me from the aether in 2005 taught me - my website - Beyond Reasonable Doubt
www.androcies.com

...and may i add - God - uses its own 'technology' akin to A.I. to know everything about our lives.

User avatar
Sir-Sister-of-Suck
Posts: 518
Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:09 am

Re: How do atheists find meaning in a purposeless universe?

Post by Sir-Sister-of-Suck » Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:23 am

attofishpi wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:13 am
I am no longer going to bother attempting to prove to short sighted atheists of 'Gods' existence
You don't need to, you just need to bother understanding how basic philosophical debate works.
i have been here for 8 years with quite strong arguments with my claim - and never has an atheist been able to refute my claims, and I no longer have the patience or the time to bother.
Maybe you just misunderstand their refutations?

Your website looks like some deep web propaganda site.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests