WHY can't the religions bring the mankind forward ?

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

thedoc

Re: WHY can't the religions bring the mankind forward ?

Post by thedoc »

bobevenson wrote:
Lacewing wrote:HEY Bob... is there anyone who shares your views?
Nobody, the mark of a true prophet.
Are you now denying that Jonah was a true Prophet of God? When Jonah went to Nineveh the people from the mightiest to the least accepted his prophecy and shared his views. The story is in the bible, or are you claiming that the Bible is not a true account of the actions of God and God's prophets?
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

thedoc wrote:
bobevenson wrote:
Lacewing wrote:HEY Bob... is there anyone who shares your views?
Nobody, the mark of a true prophet.
Are you now denying that Jonah was a true Prophet of God? When Jonah went to Nineveh the people from the mightiest to the least accepted his prophecy and shared his views. The story is in the bible, or are you claiming that the Bible is not a true account of the actions of God and God's prophets?
The first 65 books of the Bible are merely wrapping paper for Revelation, the 66th. Mankind adds up to 66 in English gematria simplex (A=1 to Z=26). Christ adds up to 77 and Satan to 55. Mankind is positioned between Christ and Satan in Ouzo combinations (repetitions of the same digit).
SpheresOfBalance

Post by SpheresOfBalance »

Arising_uk wrote:
SpheresOfBalance wrote:What I was commenting on was not your logic at all, unless you meant it as logic in which case it was flawed!
Show me how the logical laws of existence are flawed premises. Tell me how something can be and not be? Tell me how it is not the case that something is or it isn't? Tell me how it is not the case that if something is then it is?

If it never considered itself science as you say, then it never deserved any consideration whatsoever as help for those needing psychological support/knowledge. Who would want to consider treatment based upon whimsy instead of science. ...
lmao! That'll be all those who have had psychotherapy for the past umpteen decades since Freud then. If you want that kind of treatment then you'll be wanting Psychiatry and even there the basis has been upon 'science' that has been pretty shoddy or at least flimsy.
It's a pseudo-science because for it to be considered valuable to psychology, it'd have to be based upon science, I guess that's hard for you to understand ...
Bollocks, it's obvious that you have no idea why the term 'pseudo-science' has been applied to other subjects.
I guess it's that pesky dictionary is still giving you problems with it's circular references.[/color] :lol:
:lol: The only circularity here is yours as NLP was a grab-bag of techniques from Psychology and Psychotherapy as so according to your reasoning exactly based upon 'science'.
Then it's not worth shit. The reason it's called a pseudo-science, is because it's not based in science, the Church of Scientology, anyone? For it to be considered viable as a tool in psychology, it's MANDATORY, that it's based upon science! Even a soft science! So for all those that would wish to consider it, IT'S A PSEUDO-SCIENCE! :lol:
Explain what you think "based upon science" means with respect to Psychology and Psychoanalysis as I think you are talking bollocks.
You show yourself as a fool yet again, as no course of study is 'EVER' completed. Now I understand why you think you know it all, you actually believe you're done! I've always thought it was funny that you've believed that if people differ in philosophical belief than you, that they must be wrong, that they hadn't studied philosophy, and now I fully understand why! You really do believe you know it all! I've had you pegged form the beginning it would seem. :lol: :lol: :lol:
I'll take this as confirmation that your 'study' of Psychology was like your study of Philosophy, cursory. Still, this at least goes to explain the chip you have about academia.

I do not think that if people have a different philosophical belief than me they must be wrong, as I've studied philosophy. What I do think is that those who wish to talk about philosophy should have at least bothered to read some and find it amusing that they get upset when their ideas are challenged due them already having been critiqued long-ago.
My white horse? Who the hell am I coming to save?
No eyed-deer but here you are.
I'm taking on your old tired diatribe, that is aimed at placing you at the top of the heep! At least in your own limited, now closed mind, by your own admission, just above.
You talk bollocks, all I said was that the idea that there is a superior Logic other than just Logic was balls.
There you go again with your canned response meant to shake people down to their foundation, instead of dealing with the facts. I HAVE YOUR ORIGINAL STATEMENT SAVED AS AN HTML WEB PAGE! so you can't lie and cheat your way out of it, KIM! You're such a fucking liar, or just loosing your mind, take your pick! If it's the one I'll feel sorry for you, the other I'd prefer to shit down your neck, guess which one is which! :lol:
Post it up then.
Never meant it that way, you forgot the word "today." Everyone knows this, but I'll say it again for the daft, Ariging_uk, I said that in the beginning all meaning was word of mouth, contained in story telling, passed down from generation to generation until we invented written forms and printing presses. Now I'll not say it again, no matter how much you try an evade by lying, or conveniently forgetting.
All I've said is that meaning is not created in dictionaries as if it was we'd not need to be updating them. Take any definition and chase it down and you will find that the reason why you have understood it in the end is because you have been shown the meaning of the words elsewhere.
YOU FUCKING LIAR! I have copies you idiot!
Great! Post them up as currently I have no idea what you are talking about.
One of your canned emotional responses to evade your admission, to be expected from one of your personality type.
:lol: Or just a response to your bluster.
Good thing you chose to include the word "appear," as it shows that at least you do pay attention to me to one extent or another, it both shows that you can't be certain, compliance with truth, and that it could also be your sensing that lends to your conclusion. There may be hope for you yet!
I give two tosses for your opinion nor your sage-speak.
Far to much BS for me to try and correct! Either your comprehension is fading, your memory is fading, or you're lying outright. I have no way of knowing.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Bob... very interested to hear your answers, since you've previously claimed that you answer questions. How does a person tell the difference between a prophet and a madman? I'm asking because: aren't BOTH likely to insist that they have extraordinary credentials for whatever message they're trying to sell -- and aren't BOTH likely to say that if people don't see value or truth in the message it's because the people simply don't understand -- and aren't BOTH likely to repeat their talking points obsessively because they're unable to see or function beyond that????? Have YOU SEEN any people who act like this (other than yourself, of course) -- and, if so, what has been your assessment of those people?
Obvious Leo

Post by Obvious Leo »

Lacewing wrote: Have YOU SEEN any people who act like this (other than yourself, of course)
I presume this is a rhetorical question because the author of this topic is another such example. Perhaps manden is Bob's doppleganger.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Obvious Leo wrote:
Lacewing to Bob wrote: Have YOU SEEN any people who act like this (other than yourself, of course)
I presume this is a rhetorical question because the author of this topic is another such example. Perhaps manden is Bob's doppleganger.
Yes, I think there are many such examples (which I'm guessing Bob has seen and had an opinion about)... and, yes, I think that Bob and Manden DO demonstrate similar behaviors/attitudes on their separate paths, but neither wants to admit to such similarities (because they probably think each other are nuts)... yet, they each want THEMSELVES to be considered credible and uniquely elevated above others. And, of course, neither demonstrates anything of that sort. It's astounding how many MORE PEOPLE are like this on this Earth -- ALL claiming to uniquely know "some supreme truth" that applies to all -- and yet none of these people admit to how absurd that is, and how ridiculous THEY are (therefore) for being (and bombarding the rest of us with) YET ANOTHER VERSION OF THAT. All throughout history... it's like a mental disorder. Further surprising is how none of these people seem capable of answering straight-forward questions that challenge or explore their claims -- instead they ignore or try to divert the focus/responsibility by hurling accusations onto others (which seems very childlike), and they keep chanting their same limited babble about what they "know" that others don't.

I honestly can't imagine how intelligent beings cannot hold themselves more accountable and honest when there are so many mirrors publically reflecting all of this back to them. It's just kind of scary (even if oddly fascinating) to realize how closed off and in denial humans can be (on so many levels and to such extremes) despite EVERYTHING shown to them to the contrary.

But just think... if such behavior reflects almost-unfathomably condensed extremes in humans... imagine the expansiveness of the other end of the spectrum! Ohh yeh, baby!
Obvious Leo

Post by Obvious Leo »

Lacewing wrote:It's astounding how many MORE PEOPLE are like this on this Earth -- ALL claiming to uniquely know "some supreme truth" that applies to all -- and yet none of these people admit to how absurd that is, and how ridiculous THEY are
For me it's a matter of simply being cautious to go through life on the assumption that everybody's barking mad except for ME but this is nothing more than a useful operating strategy. The minute I actually show signs of believing this then the smiling men in white coats can come and take me away in the backwards jacket.
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

Lacewing wrote:How does a person tell the difference between a prophet and a madman?
It's very simple to tell the difference between a prophet and a madman. A prophet has mystical credentials directly related to his message. I, myself, have many. Just to go over a few of them, there is no rational explanation for how I could possibly have discovered the origin of Cincinnati's Queen City name in 20 minutes after the rest of the world couldn't do it in 170 years. And it wasn't just a casual reference, but a description of Cincinnati that duplicates the description of Babylon and ancient Rome in the book of Revelation. Another credential is the baffling response of the spokesman for the Biblically ultra-conservative Spiritual Counterfeits Project to "The Ouzo Prophecy." Another is the astounding reply from the importer of Ouzo by Metaxa when I suggested a promotional tie-in to the game. Another is how I discovered that Tor, which means king in the Tiv language of Nigeria, near the cradle of mankind, will be the name of the Second Coming of Christ. Another is that my name, Robert Merlin Evenson, as a representative of mankind, not only adds up to the Unholy Trinity of Satan, False Prophet and Beast in English gematria simplex (A=1 to Z=26), but that when you add up the seven churches receiving God's unified message to mankind, that represent the seven continents of the world from a spiritual standpoint, and subtract "the seven continents of the world" from a physical standpoint, you are again left with the spiritual essence of Robert Merlin Evenson. Now I ask you, can even Billy Graham or the Pope provide such documentation?
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

bobevenson wrote:
Lacewing wrote:How does a person tell the difference between a prophet and a madman?
It's very simple to tell the difference between a prophet and a madman. A prophet has mystical credentials related to his message that can't be explained.
I don't see any difference here from what a madman would claim.

Have YOU, yourself, seen people who make claims about their own divine guidance and credentials, while behaving in the manner I described in my previous posts... and if so, what has been YOUR assessment of such people? (This is a simple question -- please answer without repeating more about yourself that we've already heard... this is about your assessment of other people who make their own divine claims.)
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

Lacewing wrote:
bobevenson wrote:
It's very simple to tell the difference between a prophet and a madman. A prophet has mystical credentials directly related to his message.
I don't see any difference here from what a madman would claim.

Have YOU, yourself, seen people who make claims about their own divine guidance and credentials, while behaving in the manner I described in my previous posts... and if so, what has been YOUR assessment of such people? (This is a simple question -- please answer without repeating more about yourself that we've already heard... this is about your assessment of other people who make their own divine claims.)
I'm not aware of anybody else making such claims. As far as I know, I'm the only prophet on Earth. But if I ever meet another prophet, the first thing I will do is ask for his credentials, and then suggest a friendly game of Ouzo.
manden

Post by manden »

You are NOT a prophet . There was and is n o prophet ! I am a little bit tool of the real creator of the universe . EVERY HUMAN BEING can reach

that .
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

bobevenson wrote:... there is no rational explanation for how I could possibly have discovered the origin of Cincinnati's Queen City name in 20 minutes after the rest of the world couldn't do it in 170 years. ...
Well there is, it's that the rest of the world wasn't looking as they thought it a settled matter.
And it wasn't just a casual reference, but a description of Cincinnati that duplicates the description of Babylon and ancient Rome in the book of Revelation.
How many cities are built on hills?
Another credential is the baffling response of the spokesman for the Biblically ultra-conservative Spiritual Counterfeits Project to "The Ouzo Prophecy." ...
What is baffling about 'so what' and 'I have to wonder if it is true'? Given their job is to reply to godbothering kooks why the surprise?
Another is the astounding reply from the importer of Ouzo by Metaxa when I suggested a promotional tie-in to the game. ...
And the game being called 'Ouzo' had nothing to do with it? Have they followed thru, now that would be mystical.
Another is how I discovered that Tor, which means king in the Tiv language of Nigeria, near the cradle of mankind, will be the name of the Second Coming of Christ. ...
I actually like this one as given the rise in fundamentalist evangelical Christianity I think there a possibility that a 'new Christ' might well arise amongst the credulous there.
Another is that my name, Robert Merlin Evenson, as a representative of mankind, not only adds up to the Unholy Trinity of Satan, False Prophet and Beast in English gematria simplex (A=1 to Z=26), ...
And yet you ignore that this clearly names you as the Anti-Baptist False Prophet for 'Satan' and the Beast?
but that when you add up the seven churches receiving God's unified message to mankind, that represent the seven continents of the world from a spiritual standpoint, and subtract "the seven continents of the world" from a physical standpoint, you are again left with the spiritual essence of Robert Merlin Evenson. Now I ask you, can even Billy Graham or the Pope provide such documentation?[/size][/b]
You're making up the 'seven continents' bit to fit.
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

manden wrote:You are NOT a prophet . There was and is n o prophet ! I am a little bit tool of the real creator of the universe . EVERY HUMAN BEING can reach

that .
What are your credentials for making such a statement? If you have none, it is simply your opinion, which you are certainly entitled to, but nothing more.
manden

Post by manden »

I know that there were and are no prophets . The real creator of the universe let me recognize it .

That is clear , because all religions are - in the main ( what concerns the true God ) are false . This I recognized myself already about 5 years ago .

If the religions are wrong , the prophets must be wrong , too . Men in religious delusion - I think like you .
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Can't be as Bob is an agnostic with respect to 'God' or he's an absolute fool(his words not mine).